Barrier Deadlock

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2000, 02:19 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Leigh,

The only problem I've had, is when I park on a hill with the bonnet facing down the hill.

It's a bit tighter to put into the locking postion. Wiggling the gear stick slightly helps the lock home, but this is only on a fairly sharp incline.

The up side is that my insurance broker (Greenlight) gave me a £100 discount for having it installed.

It's a great piece of mind, and now only rarely use the Disklok as well!!

Call Vechicle Security Installations in Liverpool in (0151) 480 4889. They supply and fit the product. They can tell you if there is an installer in your area, if not, they will travel down to say your local Subaru dealer.

They will train the staff there to install it, and normally give you a discount for being a training vechical. They need a four post ram for about an hour tops.

I know, as I got a reasonable discount off mine.

Cheers
Andy
Old 15 December 2000, 10:25 AM
rjc
Scooby Regular

If you can find someone else in the area, you will get a discount. I know of at least one other owner in Suffolk interested so e-mail me.

I had mine done and no regrets. It is money better spent than on any fancy alarm system. some pictures at:
Old 15 December 2000, 12:40 PM
leigh wicks
Scooby Regular

Hi all does any one know where you can get the barrier deadlock fitted in or around the norfolk area? and has any body had any problems with them?

thanx leigh
Old 16 December 2000, 11:59 AM
Tom Evans
Scooby Regular

Leigh,

Had no real problems with b/d, although when travelling on a dual carriageway with the dog in the passenger footwell, he managed to push the bolt in and locked it in gear (4th) Managed to get off the road and sort it.

Have you tried asking a Subaru dealer whether they could fit it? My dad got ours fitted by the local Scooby dealer.