ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Go Girl!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2007, 11:02 AM
mikey-r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Girl!!!!

On Saturday my wife was in a flap, running late as usual when she states that she's got no deisel (her Focus) - "can I nick the Scoob?". No probs and forgot all about it.

Got in the Scoob this morning and the petrol guage is nearly on half. I filled it to the brim on Friday afternoon so I thought I'd better refill it, then I looked at the milometer thingy.....80 odd miles! So I filled up and just worked out the MPG.......17ish . Bugger me, I usually average 21ish and that's with a fair bit of 'energetic' driving.

I just phoned her to see what she thought of the Scoob (it's the first time she's driven it on a proper run... "it's nice, quite fast, sounds great when you put your foot down and very grippy.... I think I'll use it more often".

I can see our fuel bills going through the roof!!!

M.
Old 12 November 2007, 11:04 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

More girlie scoobs... go on girl
Old 12 November 2007, 11:10 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Unless she's like my wife and never uses top gear
Old 12 November 2007, 11:22 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine too. Hardly ever puts it in fifth, and then tries to take very slow manoeuvres in fourth

Alcazar
Old 12 November 2007, 11:32 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

My misses drove me back from the pub before, and whilst ambling down the dual we stopped at the lights. During my drunken rambling i failed to notice her eying up the sab something or other next to us.. Mid setance i was thrown into the back of my seat.. She appologised after but said the driver was asking for it
Old 12 November 2007, 11:38 AM
mikey-r
Scooby Regular

Oh, it's definately not through using the wrong gears(she is a very good driver). She told me how fast she was going at one point .... there's no way I'm going to say what, just incase there's any comeback!!!!

M.
Old 12 November 2007, 11:47 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!

Absolutely, what have women got against fifth gear?
Old 12 November 2007, 11:56 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by mikey-r
On Saturday my wife was in a flap, running late as usual when she states that she's got no deisel (her Focus) - "can I nick the Scoob?". No probs and forgot all about it.

Got in the Scoob this morning and the petrol guage is nearly on half. I filled it to the brim on Friday afternoon so I thought I'd better refill it, then I looked at the milometer thingy.....80 odd miles! So I filled up and just worked out the MPG.......17ish . Bugger me, I usually average 21ish and that's with a fair bit of 'energetic' driving.

I just phoned her to see what she thought of the Scoob (it's the first time she's driven it on a proper run... "it's nice, quite fast, sounds great when you put your foot down and very grippy.... I think I'll use it more often".

I can see our fuel bills going through the roof!!!

M.

Er, "quite fast"??? What does she normally drive??
Old 12 November 2007, 12:11 PM
cos500
Scooby Regular

Best take out a loan for all the gearboxes, wheel refurbs and dents now then.
Old 12 November 2007, 12:35 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!

TBH I don't use 5th gear on my modded 01 WRX mich - at least not below 40 mph.
Old 12 November 2007, 01:21 PM
michaelro
Scooby Regular

Hope she didn't rag it from cold...
Old 12 November 2007, 01:25 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mgcvk
VBH
Old 12 November 2007, 01:31 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Well.. it is a crap program...

My missus never puts cars in fifth until I remind her that there is another cog... then she gets stroppy. Not in the Scoob though, she is not driving it....
Old 12 November 2007, 02:22 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Wink

I am starting to think they are only careful when we are around.

I have been a passenger with my missus driving the STi on many occasion (usually when she is designated driver for the evening) and although she enjoys driving it, I had never really seen her push the car (well until recently).

We were at a party and I had already had a few drinks, when we approached by some friends of friends, who asked if I would take them for a spin and show them what the car was capable of. Being in a less than sober state, I asked the missus if she wouldn't mind doing the demo. She agreed and off the four of us went. I was expecting to have to prompt her to give it some, but how wrong could I have been. As soon as we got onto the open B-roads, she let rip. Foot flat, 8000rpm gear changes, hard on the brakes approchaing the corners and then powering through (more like I usually drive the car). I was literally sitting there with my mouth hanging open not believing what was going on.

Once we got back to the party with some now very impressed passengers, I pulled her to one side and congratulated her on some excellent driving. She just smiled ... which left me thinking this was perhaps not the first time ... just the first time I knew about.
Old 12 November 2007, 03:47 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STiFreak
I am starting to think they are only careful when we are around.

I have been a passenger with my missus driving the STi on many occasion (usually when she is designated driver for the evening) and although she enjoys driving it, I had never really seen her push the car (well until recently).

We were at a party and I had already had a few drinks, when we approached by some friends of friends, who asked if I would take them for a spin and show them what the car was capable of. Being in a less than sober state, I asked the missus if she wouldn't mind doing the demo. She agreed and off the four of us went. I was expecting to have to prompt her to give it some, but how wrong could I have been. As soon as we got onto the open B-roads, she let rip. Foot flat, 8000rpm gear changes, hard on the brakes approchaing the corners and then powering through (more like I usually drive the car). I was literally sitting there with my mouth hanging open not believing what was going on.

Once we got back to the party with some now very impressed passengers, I pulled her to one side and congratulated her on some excellent driving. She just smiled ... which left me thinking this was perhaps not the first time ... just the first time I knew about.
my mrs cant drive.... and its staying like that. she could burn cornflakes if she tried...
Old 12 November 2007, 04:09 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Hehe makes me laff..

I used to have an old XJS V12 for a year, was running a fleet car so could afford to have something that constantly broke down

Anyhow I left it on my mums drive and asked her if she could roll it off the drive and back on when my dad came along to put his bige in the garage! She said no problem and asked "which is the brake and which is the accelerator". I should have taken the keys off her there and then but nop i needed a pint.

So got woke up in the morning to drive somewhere, and there was this massive number 11 from the middle of the road up the very narrow driveway..

I asked her what happened and she protested her innocence, "I only drove it like my honda, put it in revers and put the pedal about halfway down"
Old 12 November 2007, 04:16 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

I always reset the PSi before my Mrs drives! To date she has never even boosted the turbo beyond 0.2bar!
Old 12 November 2007, 04:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by satancom
Hehe makes me laff..

I used to have an old XJS V12 for a year, was running a fleet car so could afford to have something that constantly broke down

Anyhow I left it on my mums drive and asked her if she could roll it off the drive and back on when my dad came along to put his bige in the garage! She said no problem and asked "which is the brake and which is the accelerator". I should have taken the keys off her there and then but nop i needed a pint.

So got woke up in the morning to drive somewhere, and there was this massive number 11 from the middle of the road up the very narrow driveway..

I asked her what happened and she protested her innocence, "I only drove it like my honda, put it in revers and put the pedal about halfway down"
whats a bige and anumber 11
Old 12 November 2007, 06:04 PM
pumba
Scooby Regular

Im going with 'bike' and maybe a big skid mark????
Old 17 November 2007, 06:47 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

TIFF NEEDELL!
Old 17 November 2007, 07:33 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife wants to drive my scooby,i've said yes but only when the hole in my **** heels up