Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anybody know of any good muddy rally type roads?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2007, 05:43 PM
OcTag3n
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody know of any good muddy rally type roads?

Hi all,

I was in the Snowdonia area the weekend & there was some pretty cool rallying going on. Anybody know what it was all about? It looked organized, the cars were stickered up rally style anyway. Saw a lot of 205's & I think some rovers & 106's. No Scoobs or Evo's I dont think. I was in my mates Fiesta with his son to do some camping up there but I was wishing we had brought my Scoob instead after seeing what was going on up there. His Fiesta was plastered in mud!

Really want to put my Scoob through what it was made for now. Nothing to serious as my cars my daily drive. Has anybody got any recommendations to places where I could go & get a taste of rally lairyness in relative saftey without spending a fortune?

I live in the Midlands area but dont mind a bit of traveling to places that I can indulge in a bit of rally slag styleee.

Cheers for any suggestions
Old 15 November 2007, 01:28 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like an endurance rally (cheap rallying for 1400 cars, lots of 106's, 205's, metros and Rover 216's) details here. Probably great fun to compete in but deadly dull to watch as the cars are so slow and standard. The Lombard endurance rally was on recently but the location doesn't match the details on the website.
Old 15 November 2007, 02:01 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

You can drive some of them. Essentially look for forestry commission roads that are open to the public. You can even drive through Kielder if you want, twelve miles of gravel and bumps (see pic of mine in Kielder)

Go slow though because it will wreck your car and there are a lot of tourist types wandering about. Believe it or not i wasn't going that quick when this was taken, it was just a very dry day.

5t.

Old 15 November 2007, 02:12 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
Go slow though because it will wreck your car and there are a lot of tourist types wandering about.
And possibly big heavy land rovers coming the other way as they are often used to gain access to green lanes and such!