ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

ATV 4x4 Anyone had one ?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2007, 09:23 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV 4x4 Anyone had one ?

My friend and I are thinking of getting an ATV / Buggy each to use on the road and have some fun in it for the summer. Found a guy that will do some 250cc ones for £2300 on the road brand new. They are chinese imported but have cv joints at the rear and not chains. They are the two bucket seat type. Come with 6 mths parts warranty also.
Anyone had one know anything about them ?
Seems a bargain to me but don't want to buy a load of trouble.

Thanks
Old 14 November 2007, 09:38 PM
SueScoob
Scooby Regular

Not sure about the buggys but I brought a quad bike off ebay which was a chinese import its a bit cheap and nasty but it does the job, Watch out for the insurance too my quad is road legal but I have recently taken it off the road as the insurance is as much as a car would be and the tax is the same too. Excellent fun tho not sure if the buggys will be the same.

Sue
Old 14 November 2007, 09:44 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Thanks Sue the insurance is about £150 quid so not too bad, not sure about the tax I'll check but thought it would be motorbike sort of price.
Old 14 November 2007, 09:48 PM
SueScoob
Scooby Regular

For my quad it was the same as a car because its got 4 wheels, they classed it as a car even tho its called a bike look on DVLA that will tell ya.
Old 14 November 2007, 09:53 PM
hardsy555
Scooby Regular

beware of the imports as the parts can be very difficult to obtain i have a friend with one and he has been waiting for 3mnts to get a part for his. if you can spend a bit extra buy a honda as they are bomb proof. i have a 500cc honda and it is a absolute screem to ride. most fun you can have without lying down!!
Old 14 November 2007, 10:05 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hardsy555
beware of the imports as the parts can be very difficult to obtain i have a friend with one and he has been waiting for 3mnts to get a part for his. if you can spend a bit extra buy a honda as they are bomb proof. i have a 500cc honda and it is a absolute screem to ride. most fun you can have without lying down!!
Details on this 500cc one ? Sounds great
Old 14 November 2007, 10:16 PM
hardsy555
Scooby Regular

it is, mine is used for work but is fully road legal. its a 500 cc honda foreman, single cylinder air cooled. it is changable between 2 and 4wd and will do about 65mph. it is a manual 5speed with no clutch or you can get it with electronic shift via two buttons on the handle bars (very F1). believe me it is an awsome machine. if you go and google, or ask jeeves ARK ATV you can visit there site and see it, they now do a 650cc one which i am going to get next!!!!. have a look and tell me what you think mate.
Old 14 November 2007, 10:27 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Similar thread
Old 15 November 2007, 07:03 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hardsy555
it is, mine is used for work but is fully road legal. its a 500 cc honda foreman, single cylinder air cooled. it is changable between 2 and 4wd and will do about 65mph. it is a manual 5speed with no clutch or you can get it with electronic shift via two buttons on the handle bars (very F1). believe me it is an awsome machine. if you go and google, or ask jeeves ARK ATV you can visit there site and see it, they now do a 650cc one which i am going to get next!!!!. have a look and tell me what you think mate.
I think this is a quad not an ATV buggy ?