Magnex Back box

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2007, 08:11 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnex Back box

Hey folks,

Fitted a magnex back box last night (centre section got held up in post). Have to say what a perfect fit.. hope the centre section goes on as easy. Have fitted aftermarket exhausts before and they have never lined up this well, lovely piece of kit and sounds so much nicer than standard ack box. Went for the 6x4" oval jobby.

Old back box had a little hole where the brack joins the pipe so i needed a new one, honest, it wasn't repairable, i needed it honest misses!

Last edited by satancom; 15 November 2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 15 November 2007, 11:57 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by satancom
Hey folks,

Fitted a magnex back box last night (centre section got held up in post). Have to say what a perfect fit.. hope the centre section goes on as easy. Have fitted aftermarket exhausts before and they have never lined up this well, lovely piece of kit and sounds so much nicer than standard ack box. Went for the 6x4" oval jobby.
TBH Magnex are IMHO wrongly considered the Budget end of Scooby exhausts but I have found they always fit very wel and quality seems very good

Originally Posted by satancom
Old back box had a little hole where the brack joins the pipe so i needed a new one, honest, it wasn't repairable, i needed it honest misses!
I nearly believed you then LOL

Tony
Old 15 November 2007, 05:03 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I went down the magnex route when I first got my car, had the back box and then the centre decat and decat down pipe at a later date. This sounded lovely on the car, a nice deep burble but not to loud.

The welds are okay but nowhere near as neat as the jap stuff: HKS, Blitz or 5Zigen. I also found the welds discoloured quite a bit but apart from that it was a good system. The down pipe is still on my car after 5 years and still going strong.
Old 15 November 2007, 07:19 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
I went down the magnex route when I first got my car, had the back box and then the centre decat and decat down pipe at a later date. This sounded lovely on the car, a nice deep burble but not to loud.

The welds are okay but nowhere near as neat as the jap stuff: HKS, Blitz or 5Zigen. I also found the welds discoloured quite a bit but apart from that it was a good system. The down pipe is still on my car after 5 years and still going strong.
Yeah im thinking wether to go full de-cat or not, depends how hard it is to swapp the down pipe.. have access to a 4 post lift though, will have a nose when I fit the centre section
Old 15 November 2007, 07:23 PM
DLP
Scooby Regular

Got a magnex downpipe on mine,lovely sound of the turbo whistling back at you.
Old 16 November 2007, 10:13 PM
danfranklin1
Scooby Regular

Would definately advise any classic owner to centre de-cat and new backbox - seemed to make the world of difference with mine. Easy peasy even for a fat fingered amateur like me to fit the new centre section and backbox... didn't fancy the downpipe cat, though, as it needs at least one for the MOT. Went for a scoobysport mid section and scoobysport backbox myself - thumbs up - great exhaust.
Old 16 November 2007, 10:19 PM
mag6/4 2
Scooby Regular

full system on mine front pipe back good fit to love the sound of a magnex got 20 more horses with just a center and backbox