ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

difference between 05 and 06 spec c

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2007, 09:06 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between 05 and 06 spec c

ok, apart from the obvious (05 being blobeye and 06 being hawkeye), what are the differences between the 05 and 06 spec c?

05 spec c's seem to go for circa £15k. 06 spec c's seem to go for circa £20k. other than a year newer car with slightly less miles, what is your £5k extra getting?

is the 06 a significantly better car?

anyone owned both?

thanks
Old 15 November 2007, 09:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No real mechanical differences, mainly cosmetic.
Other big difference is the model reports, the MY06 cars produced after 31/12/05 require a euro 4 report, prior to that require a euro 3 report, and litchfield hold the euro 4 reports (no other company has them )
Otherwise no real difference
Old 15 November 2007, 09:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
I think the Hawkeye has a 2.5 litre engine as opposed to the other which has a 2.0 litre engine.
No both share the same 2ltr twin scroll engine
Old 15 November 2007, 09:20 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You work for lit imports by any chance Tony
Old 15 November 2007, 09:21 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Tony!

TX.

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
... and litchfield hold the euro 4 reports (no other company has them ) ...
Old 15 November 2007, 09:31 PM
ScoobyLee2000
Scooby Regular

Blobeye or Bogeye??

Last edited by ScoobyLee2000; 15 November 2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 15 November 2007, 09:52 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

blob and hawkeye
Old 15 November 2007, 10:25 PM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by milo
ok, apart from the obvious (05 being blobeye and 06 being hawkeye), what are the differences between the 05 and 06 spec c?

05 spec c's seem to go for circa £15k. 06 spec c's seem to go for circa £20k. other than a year newer car with slightly less miles, what is your £5k extra getting?

is the 06 a significantly better car?

anyone owned both?

thanks
I don't think there is much mechanically different, maybe some small improvements, but your £5k does get you a significantly better looking car.

My mate has just imported a Hawkeye Spec C ra in white and it's one of the best looking Impreza's I've seen.
He didn't buy it from Litchfields either, so saved a good bit too
Old 15 November 2007, 10:29 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Where did it come from?

TX.
Old 15 November 2007, 10:32 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

and litchfield hold the euro 4 reports (no other company has them )
Tony that is a myth Litchfields are not the only company that can import and register an 07> car as has been proved
Old 16 November 2007, 02:36 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

PCM in manchester import these as well
Old 16 November 2007, 05:51 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DCR59 would you enlighten us all on how he got an 06 RA registered and with whom??because I belive Ian is going to rent out his euro4 report soon, but without one you cant legally get the car registered/you can if you do it in a dodgey way but if vosa get on your case his hard earned cash will end up in a crusher.
Old 16 November 2007, 07:16 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

No car ends up in a crusher that’s a load of bollocks. There is a loop whole which a few ppl know about. I will give you the chasse number of my old SPEC C TYPE RA (which now belongs to a customer fo mine) which you can take to vosa and dvla as am sure your aware they also require a unique model report.
Ian has already probably done this as i supplied a copy of my de-reg to pete to send on to Ian when they were having difficulties registering theres.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of you out there who think you know it all and are very quick to make comments with out knowing the full facts at all.

Sorry to go off topic

Immy

Last edited by juggers; 16 November 2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 16 November 2007, 07:45 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by juggers
No car ends up in a crusher that’s a load of bollocks.

Actually if the car doesnt have the correct documentation then its unroadworthy and as such can be taken off the road and crushed.
I'll put the link up for you if you wish?

Tony
Old 16 November 2007, 08:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Here is a list of model reports available to the public
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repo...&id=473d31f410
This is interesting, note the type approval bit and read the note at the bottom of the page about prosecution.
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/forms/v267.pdf

A bit of light reading
Old 16 November 2007, 08:26 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

It's a shame you haven't taken notice of the first few sentences Tony. I quote " Below is a list of vehicles where by model reports have been created for different areas of compliance. The independent companies who have given VOSA PERMISSIONS THE LIST THERE REPORTS AND CONTACT DETAILS are indicated"

And the 2nd Link is to do with declaring a car new what has that got to do with the above statements?

I used to find you very informative Tony ,but i suggest you do a little more back round research on this topic.

Immy
Old 16 November 2007, 09:06 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

So Immy, your saying that you never use that document? not on any car you have imported?
Also are you saying that you have the model reports for the 2006 STi spec c type ra, the S204 and the 2006 spec c limited and the Spec C type RA-R?
Remember that each one requires its OWN model report
Oh and any irregularities can lead to prosecution, and considering that those government forms are a legal document.....

Tony
Old 16 November 2007, 09:26 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

So Immy, your saying that you never use that document? not on any car you have imported?
Also are you saying that you have the model reports for the 2006 STi spec c type ra, the S204 and the 2006 spec c limited and the Spec C type RA-R?
Oh and any irregularities can lead to prosecution, and considering that those government forms are a legal document.....

Tony

Yes that's it Tony you've cracked it the good old V267.

Unfortunately i don't use that form ,but that will change just as soon as i get my MY08 sti in a couple of months.

As for the individual model reports for special editions this is where knowledge comes into play hence me selling imports for a living.

If you have any further questions i will be at Prosport tomorow to see Pete if you want to pop down i'll be more then happy to answer any questions you have.

Sorry to hijack your thread back on topic.

Immy
Old 17 November 2007, 04:12 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Tony
I believe he registers them as STI's Tony. I remember a post he put up not so long saying so, when he had the RA-R's for sale on his site.
Old 17 November 2007, 06:26 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Question

As for the individual model reports for special editions this is where knowledge comes into play hence me selling imports for a living.
So basically your saying you dont acutally have the model reports for the correct model of car and fob them off as something else?
Old 17 November 2007, 06:36 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Oh read this, its interesting you wont need to go past section 1 if your "knowledge" on these model reports is what it seems to be getting at, n/a

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2006...0060035_en.pdf
Old 17 November 2007, 08:22 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'm sure litchfields are good, but lets not forget there are other people out there. For some reason on this site if you are importing and not from Litchfields people seem to give you grief.

I know my local garage, who just happens to run STI rally cars offered me a Spec C. They could import, at the time, brand new 06 STI Spec C from Japan, with remap, on the road for £22.xxxx Dunno what the xxx was, as I did not have the 22 so I did not enquire further

This was a price that was for me, no profit for them, as all work that would ever be done on the car would be done by them. I can assure you it was legit, as the supplier was none other than STI themselves. Had the car being destined for rally use only, the price would have fallen to around £13k. The price being subsided by STi to increase the number of Subaru rally cars out there. The same subsidies apply for replacement parts for the rally cars, you pay about 25%-50% of the price just so long as it is for rally use only.

Last edited by Luminous; 17 November 2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 17 November 2007, 10:41 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

Take for example - Rep. of Ireland don't have model reports, can the car not be registered there as an 'EU' car, then imported into the UK as an 'EU' car, thus not requiring the model report? Just a sugestion......
Old 18 November 2007, 12:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by bluenose172
Take for example - Rep. of Ireland don't have model reports, can the car not be registered there as an 'EU' car, then imported into the UK as an 'EU' car, thus not requiring the model report? Just a sugestion......
Now you would think so but you need the model report to register the car so
Old 18 November 2007, 02:31 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

So basically your saying you dont acutally have the model reports for the correct model of car and fob them off as something else?
Why on earth would i tell you tony Why does it concern you so much? If your really interested in knowing give me a call and i'll tell you over the phone or even better yet i'd be happy to pop over and tell you in person.

Last edited by juggers; 18 November 2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 18 November 2007, 02:35 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Oh read this, its interesting you wont need to go past section 1 if your "knowledge" on these model reports is what it seems to be getting at, n/a

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts2006...0060035_en.pdf

Are you implying that i engage in fruadulent dealings? What has the above got to do with me? please do explain!

Immy
Old 18 November 2007, 09:43 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Why on earth would i tell you tony Why does it concern you so much? If your really interested in knowing give me a call and i'll tell you over the phone or even better yet i'd be happy to pop over and tell you in person.
So your not willing to say on a public forum that you have the model reports for the latest JDM special editions? no doubt that would clear lots of things up but if your not willing to say in public that you have or dont have the reports on those cars, it doesnt look good in your favour, ive nothing to lose by asking, you have everything to lose by not confirming that you have the reports.
As for the other paragraph, the 2006 act, well there is no implication there at all, its just for general reading, and as i stated, read the first paragraph well

Tony
Old 18 November 2007, 10:11 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

So your not willing to say on a public forum that you have the model reports for the latest JDM special editions? no doubt that would clear lots of things up but if your not willing to say in public that you have or dont have the reports on those cars, it doesnt look good in your favour, ive nothing to lose by asking, you have everything to lose by not confirming that you have the reports.
As for the other paragraph, the 2006 act, well there is no implication there at all, its just for general reading, and as i stated, read the first paragraph well

Tony
I don’t have anything to lose by shedding any light on the model report issue at all. Business has never been better the only thing i have to lose by shedding light on the model reports is the weekend entertainment that you and a few others provide.

I've got the new sti on the way to so you need to dig deeper on how i get these cars registered.

Immy
Old 19 November 2007, 10:11 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

I don’t have anything to lose by shedding any light on the model report issue at all. Business has never been better the only thing i have to lose by shedding light on the model reports is the weekend entertainment that you and a few others provide.

I've got the new sti on the way to so you need to dig deeper on how i get these cars registered.

Immy

Avoiding the question is pretty much a confession that you dont have model reports for the cars Immy and as for the JDM STi MY08, well that needs a completely new model report like any euro 4 vehicle, its a LEGAL requirement to have the CORRECT report for that vehicle
I take it you also understand that Euro 4 is actually a law dont you Immy?

Tony
Old 19 November 2007, 11:47 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Avoiding the question is pretty much a confession that you dont have model reports for the cars Immy and as for the JDM STi MY08, well that needs a completely new model report like any euro 4 vehicle, its a LEGAL requirement to have the CORRECT report for that vehicle
I take it you also understand that Euro 4 is actually a law dont you Immy?

Tony

Can't belive i handed the keys to my pride and joy to such a numpty

I didn't waste my time reading it so i hope that answers your question. If you really want to know how i get it done please give me a call or pop into our new branch i would be more then happy to tell you ,but you got to promise to keep it to yourself.

Tony carry on digging deeper.

Immy

Quick Reply: difference between 05 and 06 spec c