ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Stupid B road drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2007, 09:50 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid B road drivers...

What is wrong with people these days, I thought only city folks were ignorant of their driving skills (the lack of) however I had some right numpties today.

Was driving back from Amersham with my mate who wanted to go checkout a very nice Supra TT. Driving back through Aylesbury, back roads through Winslow etc and had one driver who for some reason decided to stick his full beams on for 30 minute behind me, blinding the hell out of me all the way until I drove on and then hit my hazards and got out of the car.

The idiot didn't even know his beams were on, explained that he could have caused an accident and went on my way. Then I get to Great Harwood and again more numpties. People approaching with full beams on, I do the normal thing and spot the lights around a bend or in the horizon and start dipping my lights to indicate I am approach and then switch off the full beams but the other drivers were totally oblivious to my approach.

Happened a third time where I had to stop the car and pull to the side until the numpty passed as I couldn't see anything in front of me - I am not a happy bunny.

On a good note I was driving my Merc Sport so had lots of fun through some wet roads... slightly sideways... with my mate crying when I got the **** right out... hehe
Old 24 November 2007, 10:24 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

happens all the time - I usually stick on my rear fog. ;o) Childish.. but it makes me feel better.
Old 24 November 2007, 10:41 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Totally with you on this one.

Had a car Full Beam behind me, I tied Fog Lights, Hazzard lights, nothing!!

Got to a set of lights that were on Red.

Got out & asked him to turn his main beam down.

It was Mr & Mrs Fossil driving, and said, tey would call the Police if I didn't leave them alone & stop threatening them!!

After the lights changed, I pulled over and let them Blind some other poor F***er instead!!

Happy Motoring!!

Regards

Alan MaC
Old 24 November 2007, 10:43 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I'd have told them there was no need.. wait there, and I'll phone the police myself. Senile ****ers.
Old 24 November 2007, 11:12 PM
jaya
Scooby Regular

have it all the time even tonight driving back home except that they were coming the other way.and thought hold on .why the hell have u got your full beams on.yea ok its dark but u dont need your full beams on,turnnnn them offffff...why oh whyyy
Old 25 November 2007, 06:59 AM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by finalzero
...right numpties today...driving back from Amersham...full beams on for 30 minute behind me...
Thats how we all drive out here in Amersham........it's very dark.......
Old 25 November 2007, 09:20 AM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

i usually let them go past me then do fogs and full beams bk to them for a bit

Trending Topics

Old 25 November 2007, 11:06 AM
bish667
Scooby Regular

When I get people coming towards me and leaving their full beam on I just put my full beam back on until they turn theirs off. seems to work
Old 25 November 2007, 11:46 AM
wolfie28
Scooby Regular

I've noticed lately there are loads of cars around my area that haven't got the headlights aligned properly, the car headlights are dipped but one of the lights is on full beam . Does this not get checked during a MOT .

FRONT FOG LIGHTS AHHHHHHHHHHHH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON FRONT FOG LIGHTS - WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wolfie.
Old 25 November 2007, 12:36 PM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bish667
When I get people coming towards me and leaving their full beam on I just put my full beam back on until they turn theirs off. seems to work
Yep, I long since gave up with the polite flashing, these days if they don't get there's off full within 5 seconds of a clear line of sight they get full beam from me till they do. Now and then you see someone go to flash me only find they were already on main

Something that really does annoy me, don't get me started on fog lights either.
Old 25 November 2007, 07:00 PM
transparent
Scooby Newbie

The other thing is that some of these drivers do 30-35 mph where there's national speed limit, and accelerate to 40-45 mph once they get to 30 mph zone.Cupid stunts !!!!
Old 25 November 2007, 07:15 PM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

I assume thats because there worryingly blind, and when in some streetlights can actually see enough to speed up.

Quite scary really.
Old 25 November 2007, 07:28 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

My rule: If they blind me; I blind them

One thing I hate on unlit back B-roads in the country is following a slow car, driving so slow as if they can't see the road ahead.

Why?

They are on dipped beam, even though its safe to use full beam
So when I overtake I have to blind them with my full beams - just to ensure there isn't a bend I've forgotten about or an obstruction ahead (sheep etc) .

Then there's the ones that drive on lit roads in the dark on side lights...sat 3" from the windscreen and squinting like they cant see....would help if their lights were on (women usually)

Badly aimed headlamps is another annoyance of mine; any new car doesn't have them checked for 3 years! And it seem MOT inspectors can't adjust them right anyway; I've driven cars myself with them set stupidly low, or pointing at the sky - how hard can it be to set them correctly with a calibrated beam adjuster?
The problem is even worse if driving a low car such as NSX

And yeah, the usual fog lamps annoyances. Especially as most aren't aligned either! (not needed for MOT)
Old 25 November 2007, 07:49 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

i get it all the time thay soon dip when i flick on my 6 spot lights on my truck
Old 26 November 2007, 03:03 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Don't understand why people get irrate about others driving with front fogs on, don't do it myself (unless fogs really bad), but i think cars with HID lighting dazzle you more than any fog light.
Old 26 November 2007, 03:19 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
What is wrong with people these days, I thought only city folks were ignorant of their driving skills (the lack of) however I had some right numpties today.

Was driving back from Amersham with my mate who wanted to go checkout a very nice Supra TT. Driving back through Aylesbury, back roads through Winslow etc and had one driver who for some reason decided to stick his full beams on for 30 minute behind me, blinding the hell out of me all the way until I drove on and then hit my hazards and got out of the car.

The idiot didn't even know his beams were on, explained that he could have caused an accident and went on my way. Then I get to Great Harwood and again more numpties. People approaching with full beams on, I do the normal thing and spot the lights around a bend or in the horizon and start dipping my lights to indicate I am approach and then switch off the full beams but the other drivers were totally oblivious to my approach.

Happened a third time where I had to stop the car and pull to the side until the numpty passed as I couldn't see anything in front of me - I am not a happy bunny.

On a good note I was driving my Merc Sport so had lots of fun through some wet roads... slightly sideways... with my mate crying when I got the **** right out... hehe
So you moan about people with full beam on calling it dangerous, then go 'sideways through the bends' is it me or is there a hint of hypocrisy in your post?
Old 26 November 2007, 03:24 PM
Ministry Maniac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by transparent
The other thing is that some of these drivers do 30-35 mph where there's national speed limit, and accelerate to 40-45 mph once they get to 30 mph zone.Cupid stunts !!!!

Thats the one thing I hate more than anything on the road! Useless *******
Old 26 November 2007, 08:23 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by superstar1
Don't understand why people get irrate about others driving with front fogs on, don't do it myself (unless fogs really bad), but i think cars with HID lighting dazzle you more than any fog light.
Because they don't need to be on !!!!

Some are actually very bright and can dazzle you sometimes taking your mind off the road ahead.

The sooner people realise that having your foglights on on a clapped out Saxo / Corsa doesn't make it look sporty the better.

As for those that drive with front fogs on during the day
Old 27 November 2007, 12:28 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
So you moan about people with full beam on calling it dangerous, then go 'sideways through the bends' is it me or is there a hint of hypocrisy in your post?
Actually you didn't read my comment, if you had you would have seen that I didn't talk about bends... just "some wet roads"... no need to justify myself but as the scoobynet police are out in force I will explain:

I dropped my mate off back at his workshop, which is in an industrial area, no road traffic, at all, especially at that time of the night. It's well lit, we often have a laugh there in the safety that we will not hit anyone or anything unless we are doing something really wrong - in this case not.

Now I would really be an idiot if:

1. I am driving through some really rough country lanes in the dark
2. In a rear wheel drive car on wet country lanes

So no bends involved... I rest my case
Old 27 November 2007, 04:17 AM
GROWLER_GRRRR
Scooby Regular

Exclamation madness

lets face it the standard of driving thats required to pass a driving test be it car , bike ,psv,hgv etc is no where near high enough i see it every day while im commuting on a m/bike people eating food on the run playing with the phone reading maps on there laps the list is endless ,some one tonight about 5ish at the metrocentre in gateshead driving along no lights on at all car full so i pulls along side at the lights and kindly told him the error of his ways ,didnt even know where the lights were ferking muppet thats what your up against .

keep it real and stay alert
Old 27 November 2007, 07:30 AM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by renny
Because they don't need to be on !!!!

Some are actually very bright and can dazzle you sometimes taking your mind off the road ahead.

The sooner people realise that having your foglights on on a clapped out Saxo / Corsa doesn't make it look sporty the better.

As for those that drive with front fogs on during the day
That's all well and good Mr School Teacher but don't you think HID's dazzle more than front fogs sir? sir? sir?, i've got me hand up sir, sir.
Old 27 November 2007, 11:43 AM
gam1415
Scooby Regular

That's all well and good Mr School Teacher but don't you think HID's dazzle more than front fogs sir? sir? sir?, i've got me hand up sir, sir.
Seems to depend on the car make. German cars; BMW and Merc lights generally OK, but bladdy Audis spray light everywhere.
Not sure what it's like to be on the receiving end of my WRX's HIDS
Old 27 November 2007, 11:59 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Whats wrong with fog lights???????
Most cars round my way have them on, including big mercs and audis, as well as mr. saxo!
Old 27 November 2007, 12:08 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I've never understood why people don't like front fogs. They are pointed straight into the road almost. I have never ever ever ever had a front fog cause me a problem when someone has been coming towards me. Rear fogs are a different matter
Old 27 November 2007, 12:38 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Well boy, one is legal and the other isn't you muppet.
Old 28 November 2007, 04:40 PM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by renny
Well boy, one is legal and the other isn't you muppet.
Not questioning the legalities Mr Schoolteacher, just asking the question, do you think HID's dazzle more than front fogs. Are you listening sir, sir, sir got me hand up sir.
Old 28 November 2007, 05:26 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I want to take a claw hammer to anyones car who has fogs on when its not foggy. The subtle hint about when fogs should be on, being in their mother****ing name.

Not that they **** me off in the slightest. Oh no. Not at all. They don't look cool, they make it look like you don't have the I.Q. to drive.

*ahem*
Old 28 November 2007, 05:27 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

what really p***** me off is that I was in fog this morning , half the people didnt have any lights on!!! What the hell are people on these days? They have fogs on , in the middle of the day and then when its actuallly foggy people had no lights on!!

oh well.
Old 28 November 2007, 07:46 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Not questioning the legalities Mr Schoolteacher, just asking the question, do you think HID's dazzle more than front fogs. Are you listening sir, sir, sir got me hand up sir.
Oh,this is a little tedious isn't it.

The answer to your question is no,i don't think Xenons dazzle me more than fogs,no more than standard bulbs anyway.But i think you're going a little off topic.I originally pointed out that i think it annoying when fogs are on and can indeed dazzle sometimes - you didn't have an answer for that,you just came back with another question....

So,a question for you then,why would you want your fog's on when it isn't foggy - or better still when it's daylight.

Can't wait for the next installment from you,i'm sure it'll be just as tedious as the last efforts........

Last edited by renny; 28 November 2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 28 November 2007, 07:56 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Gotta love Scoobynet forums, go off tangent at the slightest gesture

As per someone's comment, had that the other day as well, was quite misty in the morning, enough that you needed fogs but most didn't even have their lights on and you could see them leaning over their steering wheel to take a look.

As for fogs, I have no problem with them, my car doesn't have any front fog lights and I will probably keep it that way. However you will always get the idiots who will put their main lights on dim and then switch on their fog lights, what is the point of that apart from being stopped by the plod?

Quick Reply: Stupid B road drivers...