ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

**** yourself lately.....?????

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2002, 04:15 PM
Deep Blue Mica
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi gang!

I was out and about the other day, driving quite fast when (without going into details)I perhaps made an error of judgment.....my life literally flashed in front of my eyes and I got a real fright......it's made me think a bit about Scoob and a previous post about some guy who was flogging his beloved before he either killed himself or someone else!!!

You lot must have been through this.....what do you think?

Cheers

****less DBM
Old 15 January 2002, 04:19 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

I think if you learn from it, it was probably good it happened, without ending in disaster.
I had a big moment about a year ago, without going into detail I would of wiped out some ones family... I considered selling....instead I calmed down and drove with more respect.
Andyp
Old 15 January 2002, 04:22 PM
LeighJ
Scooby Regular

Wink

Without going in to detail, car spun, missed a lamp post, the day I picked it up, treat that corner with much more respcet these days.

Leigh
Old 15 January 2002, 04:25 PM
peccy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Dont worry about it, your going to have scary moments in any car you drive, i had most off mine in a mk2 xr2! if we all thought like that there would be lots of ex-scooby drivers driving about in Fiat Multiplas' or whatever.
Old 15 January 2002, 04:27 PM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

I spent about 8 years scary my self in company cars, now the
cars mine I tend to drive like an old woman.
(No disrespect to old ladies)

J uk
Old 15 January 2002, 04:30 PM
SCOTTSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Hi, I also drive with alot more respect, i only race the car when its a fast road and its ok, but built up areas and where people are, no no way, no need to!! Unfortunatly it does take an accident to stop people driving fast and doing dangerous things.

Old 15 January 2002, 05:04 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

yup, moments do happen..... I was driving in the rain and shoved my last car into the back of a lorry.... not fun, not a good experience.

To this day I am vvv carefull in the rain and damp road surfaces.

Cheers

Paul
Old 15 January 2002, 05:08 PM
Stevep
Scooby Regular

Red face

It was about 2 days after I picked up my scoob.
I was going round a long sweeping bend fairly quick (it was a bit greasy aswell) and the back end started going, god I sihte my pants, got it back straight though.
Had a good laugh about it afterwards with my mate, who also needed to change his nappy.
What a learning experience!!!

Stevep

[Edited by Stevep - 1/15/2002 5:10:03 PM]
Old 15 January 2002, 05:10 PM
chopper
Scooby Regular

I had my 99 WRX written off in Aus when someone fell asleep and drove into the side of me at 110kph, as I was stopped at a crossroads.

I walked away with a dislocated shoulder and great respect for the strength and safety of a subaru (it saved my life!). So think about the other side of things - if the worst happened, at least you are in a safe, strong car.
Old 15 January 2002, 05:14 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

I think there are two types of "incident"

If you lose it because you were pushing it/driving like a **** and learn from your mistake, fine. You know the same thing won't happen again because you'll anticipate it and act accordingly

If you have a "incident" because things start happening too quickly for you to cope with comfortably, either get some training, drive like an old woman or sell the car.

Mark

[Edited by Mark Champion - 1/15/2002 5:15:11 PM]
Old 15 January 2002, 05:20 PM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

nearly lost the backend going round a roundabout a bit too fast in the rain. It still helps if you drive to the conditions, even if we have got AWD.
Old 15 January 2002, 06:13 PM
storm555
Scooby Regular

Best thing that happened to me was being stopped by Lincs Police about 18 months ago...I had stuck to 30 and 50 limits but in 60 limits had opened then car up to between 80-85...a dark green Omega had caught up with me pretty sharpish and then I had lost him...turned out to be an unmarked police car when he caught up with me and flashed me down....amazingly gave me a lecture about my good driving ...yes I was speeding but was safe....since then yes I do go for it but only when conditions allow and look in my rear mirror much more!!!!! Have a mate who is a Traffic Cop and his advice is appropriate speed and vary your speed....still nice to have fun though but always bear this in mind....
Old 15 January 2002, 07:05 PM
grahamstocker
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think you learn from having a close shave , makes for a better driver . Bit like the saying {you cant ride a motorbike untill you have fallen off!} I know i fell off one years ago the first week of ownership , broke my wrist slowed me down a tad! G.
Old 18 January 2002, 12:27 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

I know how you feel mate. Had a few sh*t ups and it still my first year driving, but iv slowed down bcuz iv only got 3 day for my first year NCB.

Old 18 January 2002, 01:03 AM
rotdot
Scooby Regular

Red face

I put brake pads in a mazda (all round) then drove the car out the work shop down the yard and forgot to pump the pedal up. at the end of the yard is the river!!! bye bye mazda, have never forgot since!!! cost me a naw car though.
Old 19 January 2002, 03:25 AM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Mazda + River Now that was funny, did the same once but only at a give way, stretched the handbrake cable getting out of that one. POC thats the second post i've seeen you on talking about your crashes, was that one not your fault as well Are you still giving out driving tips? .
Old 19 January 2002, 12:17 PM
pele
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

sideways round a sharp bend in a clio 16v taught me more respect, as did the whites of the blokes eyes on the other side!!