ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Where to go ....

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2007, 06:51 PM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to go ....

I've been lurking on here for some time now and thanks to the help I've had I've decided I either want (blob eye)
STI with PPP
STI
or pref WR1

any idea where I can go to have a look (test drive fit and feel etc) and possibly buy if the price is right. I live nr Peterborough ???

Cheers in advance

Pants

Old 14 December 2007, 07:16 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Visit the Subaru UK website and find your nearest dealer for a test drive then Autotrader to see what's around. Having had an STI PPP i can recommend them however with the price of super unleaded petrol the way it is and 20mpg i'm not missing it too much at the moment.
Nik.
Old 14 December 2007, 08:46 PM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

Luckily I wont be paying for my fuel and although I'm sure 10mpg may be a problem for my employer 20mpg shouldn't be !!!

Did check the website and autotrader just wondering if anyone had any recommendations ??
Old 16 December 2007, 06:11 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

The old dealer in Peterborough (Donalds) never returned any of my calls, so I went to the Grantham dealer which was very helpful and offered a test drive in a brand new model. There is a new dealer now in Peterborough, but have not been in yet, though they don't seem to have many Imprezas outside whenever I drive past (it's in Newark Road, if you know Peterborough).

So, if Grantham have anything interesting in stock, its well worth a drive up (some good roads round there too!)
Old 16 December 2007, 06:55 PM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

I went to Grantham on Sat the guy was really helpfull just didn't have a hawk eye STI in stock but let me drive the WRX which is pretty good ... far better than I was expecting...

I then drove over to their other dealership nearer Skeggy where they did have one and took that for a spin ... F K M E what a difference .... looks like that's gone to the top of my shopping list ... may even buy that one ....

the tires have been changed to potenzas as he reckons the normaly tires (the ones that look like cut slicks) are a deathtrap in the winter ???

Both guys in both branches were really good .... far far better than you get in the normal vw/bmw dealerships I reckon.

I know the std STI is too slow for some on here and I'm sure once I've had one for a while it'll seem "normal" but I had trouble watching the speedo as the acceleration was like the millennium falcon in Star Wars with the stars shooting past ..... very very very impressed !!!!!

Its not that I haven't driven anything fast or with power but the way it's delivered ..... I reckon I was still grinning whilst I was asleep last night !!

~CONVERT~