ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

hope iv made the rite choice

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2007, 11:11 PM
adam knight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hope iv made the rite choice

well hopefully off 2 buy my first type r tomoz, after much debating weather to go over too the dark side after selling my wrx i decided that i couldnt do it to my self hopefully im making the rite choice. its got a few ad on axtras only done 38,000, its gonna be my proect planning on spending a few quid on this 1
the weird thing is, i bought my wrx the same day last year of the same person how weird is that. i will post some pics up tomoz if i buy it,
Old 28 December 2007, 12:07 AM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

g luck
Old 28 December 2007, 09:21 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Nice choice in car. Im tempted to swap my00 turbo next year for one. Let us know what you think of the car in comparison with your last

Dan
Old 28 December 2007, 06:47 PM
adam knight
Scooby Regular

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

this is what i bought, i went to a place called jap performance uk in bradford today, iv bought 2 cars from before and this being the third, i wouldnt go anywhere else, the quality of his imports are top notch i would highly reccomend him, the other 2 cars iv bought off him have just been brilliant never missed a beat. cant complain really good service and a top bloke.

the car it self is a real minter not sure on the c-west front bumper yet its growing on me, would look nice with a big dangily front mount coming out what do people think to it.

imprezaworks;the difference between the two is hell of a lot mate. in my opinion the build quality, ride quality and the powerer delivery is just what i expected so all round really happy

also if anyone is looking for a really nice classic wrx hes as got an absolute stunner in black with ultralite wheels on check it out Jap Performance

what do you guys think

Last edited by adam knight; 28 December 2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 29 December 2007, 11:03 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Great choice of car. Just take your time getting used to to dccd, it has a nasty habit of biting when you least expect it
Old 29 December 2007, 11:07 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

My scooby originally came from Jap performance. Its actually in one of the pictures behind the white skyline
Old 29 December 2007, 11:17 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae
Great choice of car. Just take your time getting used to to dccd, it has a nasty habit of biting when you least expect it
Not if you just leave it set "back" and then muck around with it on gravel or when on a wide circuit such as silverstone..

Trending Topics

Old 29 December 2007, 11:49 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Not if you just leave it set "back" and then muck around with it on gravel or when on a wide circuit such as silverstone..
Wouldnt really suggest gravel cos of the stone chips that you'll end up with.
Old 30 December 2007, 03:22 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae
Leave it on first green (all the way back) for dry weather driving. When your pushing the car use 2nd green or when the road is damp/wet.

Use the first orange when your really pushing the car hard or it's raining/snowing.

For the current wet weather I have had loads of fun with the car on 2nd green, rear breaks loose but you can control it more easily
Old 30 December 2007, 06:32 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
Use the first orange when your really pushing the car hard or it's raining/snowing
Hmmm, not sure I'd want to have the DCCD wound all the way forward in the rain or snow! Only if there was plenty of room either side of me! I couldn't really comment as I'm still trying to get used to it myself, and haven't done that much playing about with it to be honest. For some reason, when I have the DCCD wound all the way forward into locked it doesn't feel as quick as it does when its wound all the way back? I've read on here that it should feel a bit quicker when the diff is locked as its not needing to distribute the power to all 4 wheels, so is that correct or an I imagining it?

Anyway, Adam- Nice type R mate! I saw this on their site recently and tought it looked the part, personally I quick like the front bumper, the first time I saw it I was unsure, but the more I look at it the more I like it, if it was me that bought it I wouldn't change it as its different from the norm and the chances of you ever seeing another on is quite slim I would of thought. I also bought my type r from JPUK, top bloke and as you say, the quality of their cars is very impressive.
Old 02 January 2008, 03:36 PM
adam knight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Az Sti Type R
Hmmm, not sure I'd want to have the DCCD wound all the way forward in the rain or snow! Only if there was plenty of room either side of me! I couldn't really comment as I'm still trying to get used to it myself, and haven't done that much playing about with it to be honest. For some reason, when I have the DCCD wound all the way forward into locked it doesn't feel as quick as it does when its wound all the way back? I've read on here that it should feel a bit quicker when the diff is locked as its not needing to distribute the power to all 4 wheels, so is that correct or an I imagining it?

Anyway, Adam- Nice type R mate! I saw this on their site recently and tought it looked the part, personally I quick like the front bumper, the first time I saw it I was unsure, but the more I look at it the more I like it, if it was me that bought it I wouldn't change it as its different from the norm and the chances of you ever seeing another on is quite slim I would of thought. I also bought my type r from JPUK, top bloke and as you say, the quality of their cars is very impressive.

az, i was exactly the same mate, wasnt sure on the front bumper at all but is grown on me a lot now and the cars got so much potential. cheers for the comments
as for the dccd its somthing iv got to get used to myself
Old 02 January 2008, 04:08 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

nice mototr, i have seen a legacy gtb twin turbo on their site, and although the wheels are a bit bling, the rest of the car looked sweet, did you see it by chance when you were there, is it in as good a nick as it looks in the pictures?
Old 02 January 2008, 04:18 PM
adam knight
Scooby Regular

thanks, the legacy wasnt there the other day but i have to go back up there in the next few days so ill have a look, his imports are very good conditon