Hello

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2007, 08:15 PM
Dubbernut
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hi all.

Well this is my first post on here as a newbie. The reason ive come is that im looking to get my first Scooby (after 16 years of VAG) and the one ive seen close to me has got Scoobynet stickers on it.
Just wondered if the previous owner was registered on here just to get a bit more info.
The car is an WRX import in silver reg M239 TNT.

After having some very quick V-Dubs in the past im hoping the change to a Subaru will be a good one.

At the mo ive got a 2005 Seat Leon FR TDi with 205.9 bhp and 339.7 lb/ft which as some will know is very good from a 1.9 TDi. Also got a 1990 MX5 as a fun little toy and a 1989 Polo Coupe S with 53k from new.

The Mazda will make way for the new Subaru which ever one i get.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help

Matt
Old 28 December 2007, 08:19 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

about time you bought a decent car welcome
Old 28 December 2007, 08:35 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

hi
Old 28 December 2007, 09:09 PM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....

Hi and Welcome Matt

I've had a Mk II Golf GTI 16v followed by a Highline VR6 and loved these to bits. Not sure if you ever went to the GTI Festival in May but some of the lads I used to go with always won either the sprints or show n sine comps.

I turned to the Scoobs back in 2002 owning a Jap STI Type R which was petty quick as it was. Now the wr1 sits in the garage.

Do you have an idea of what you are after? Any budget in mind? There's lots to choose from UK Specs to Jap imports, to WRXs to STIs to P1s to wr1s etc, Classic shape or New Age.
Old 28 December 2007, 09:23 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Hello M8!!

Alan MaC
Old 28 December 2007, 09:28 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome
Old 28 December 2007, 10:15 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Hi de hi.

Mac
Old 29 December 2007, 11:27 AM
Dubbernut
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JP4
Hi and Welcome Matt

I've had a Mk II Golf GTI 16v followed by a Highline VR6 and loved these to bits. Not sure if you ever went to the GTI Festival in May but some of the lads I used to go with always won either the sprints or show n sine comps.

I turned to the Scoobs back in 2002 owning a Jap STI Type R which was petty quick as it was. Now the wr1 sits in the garage.

Do you have an idea of what you are after? Any budget in mind? There's lots to choose from UK Specs to Jap imports, to WRXs to STIs to P1s to wr1s etc, Classic shape or New Age.
Im looking for a classic shape to be honest as i much prefer older cars in general plus im loking for something as standard as poss. After spending a lot on my Leon the Impreza will be a weekend thing that can be changed bit by bit to my liking.

It will be a massive change as ive been in the V-Dub scene for so long but i feel know its just full of cheque book fools that want to be part of the 'scene' and not about the 'community' so to speak. Plus after all this time
its about time i drove somthing else.
Old 29 December 2007, 11:36 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

welcome to the madhouse fella.

classics are the best shaped scoob, but then im biased. can i ask what sort of budget you have for your weekend scoob?
Old 29 December 2007, 11:46 AM
Dubbernut
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
welcome to the madhouse fella.

classics are the best shaped scoob, but then im biased. can i ask what sort of budget you have for your weekend scoob?
Very low budget of about 3k (wife wont let me spend any more on cars...lol)
Seen a few dogs but them seen some really nice early cars as they are getting on in years now.
Old 29 December 2007, 11:53 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dubbernut
Very low budget of about 3k (wife wont let me spend any more on cars...lol)
Seen a few dogs but them seen some really nice early cars as they are getting on in years now.
believe it or not, £3k for a classic shape scoob should find you a half decent example. as you say, probably a 10-12 year old example, but if you find a good clean example...

is it specifically a wrx import your looking at. not maybe a uk car?

tried the usual haunts of pistonheads, autotrader etc?

andy

p.s. just had a gander on pistonheads, theres loads of 93-96 imports around your price. is mileage a thing your looking for?

found this.... Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 Estate 1997R reg on eBay, also, Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 06-Jan-08 16:54:45 GMT)

low miles. and a standard canvas too

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 29 December 2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 29 December 2007, 12:06 PM
Dubbernut
Scooby Newbie

believe it or not, £3k for a classic shape scoob should find you a half decent example. as you say, probably a 10-12 year old example, but if you find a good clean example...

is it specifically a wrx import your looking at. not maybe a uk car?

tried the usual haunts of pistonheads, autotrader etc?

andy
There is one just down the road to me that ive looked at M plate WRX with 75k standard looking at least for 3k so might give it a further investigation.

Old 29 December 2007, 12:09 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

There is one just down the road to me that ive looked at M plate WRX with 75k standard looking at least for 3k so might give it a further investigation.

looks clean fella. what sort of mods are you looking at doing to the prospective car?
Old 29 December 2007, 03:18 PM
Dubbernut
Scooby Newbie

looks clean fella. what sort of mods are you looking at doing to the prospective car?
Very slight engine mods just to make it breath a little better but mainly on the handling front.
I used to have a Mk1 Golf GTi running a 170bhp 2.0l 16v engine. That was compleatly stripped with full cage, poly windows, proper set up chassis etc so only weighed in at 600kg so went like stink. Didnt need mega power cos the handling was so good.
Id like to apply the same logic to a Impreza if poss.
Old 29 December 2007, 04:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Very slight engine mods just to make it breath a little better but mainly on the handling front.
I used to have a Mk1 Golf GTi running a 170bhp 2.0l 16v engine. That was compleatly stripped with full cage, poly windows, proper set up chassis etc so only weighed in at 600kg so went like stink. Didnt need mega power cos the handling was so good.
Id like to apply the same logic to a Impreza if poss.
well if you had a little more, i as others, would advise you to play your hand and get a r.a. model (rally altered). these basically came with some light weight body panels, no creture comforts like electric windows, side skirts, spoiler etc. already half way there. oh, all the classic r.a.'s were import wrx/sti models too.