ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2008, 04:52 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats it worth?

due to a change in job i cant afford to run the impreza for the next 12 months so im having to consider selling

its a UK Turbo 2000 (2000 x reg) with the following mods done at APi:

Engine rebuild
Forged pistons
Steel Forged Rods
STi Cams
TD05 16g Turbo
Walbro uprated fuel pump
Api Oil pump
Lightend flywheel
Ported heads
Paddel Clutch
Afterburner exhaust system
Baileys Dump Valve
Panel Airfilter
Ecutek Remap
Rally graphics
17" rota 2 alloys
Clear indicators
V6 Scoobyworld spoiler.

approx 350bhp (28psi)

its done around 70k but the engine was rebuilt less than a year ago and and after the initial running in has only done a few thousand, its kept in a garage and only comes out to play of a weekend, usually every other weekend just lately and i also own a cheap diesel run about, i spent around £7,000 on this car last year as it my pride and joy, at 350bhp its still a very reliable car. So what do you reckon guys? how much? dont forget whoever buys it will also get to see me cry so thats got to add a few thousand
Old 09 January 2008, 07:09 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Feel for you mate. Worst thing is it's probably worth more to you than you'll ever get by selling it, unless you can find someone who wants the mods that you have. Don't think you would recoup your 7k unfortunately. Can you keep it (SORN etc) and hope your circs change?

Sounds a fine motor, so hope I am wrong and you get a good price. Would perhaps advise that you think of a selling price you are comfortable with and don't give it away to first offer.

good luck
dnc
Old 09 January 2008, 09:32 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

yeah thanks mate, i think i might try and suffer the first few months at least because i really dont want to sell after all the money i spent last year getting it how i want it. Maybe SORN is an option for me. Forgot to mention in my first post, there are pics etc in the "view my scooby"
Old 09 January 2008, 10:49 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sharpydoo
yeah thanks mate, i think i might try and suffer the first few months at least because i really dont want to sell after all the money i spent last year getting it how i want it. Maybe SORN is an option for me. Forgot to mention in my first post, there are pics etc in the "view my scooby"
That is a very nice motor. Don't normally go for graphics and probably wouldn't, but that has to be the best I have seen. Whole package with colour and wheels looks good together.

As said, hope you can either get to keep it or at least get the right deal for it. Advertising it on here is a good bet as people are more likely to pay something for the mods and will know the rep of API etc.
Old 10 January 2008, 08:29 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I'd echo the other post - delare it SORN and keep it in the garage - see if you can get a cheap insurance policy for it that covers it for just being stored rather than used ( or dont insure it, and disable it so nobody could steal it from the garage ).

Unfortunately your car is probably worth less than a standard X reg UK if you were going to sell it, and you'd be very lucky to get back anywhere near the £7K you spent last year.

It may be worth advertising on here or pistonheads as you may get someone who is looking for an already modded car who will be interested - you'll still lose a good chunk of the money you've spent, but not as much as if you just try and sell it generally.

Speaking personally, if I was looking to buy at the moment I would look at already modded cars to save me the hassle and expense, but wouldnt pay much more than a standard car, and all the work would have to have receipts from a reputable tuner.
Old 10 January 2008, 08:37 AM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

I reckon 6k for that.

Dont sell. SORN it up and see how things go. Its value is not going to change for a while anyway if you dont drive it.