ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

kid on the M1

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2008, 10:09 PM
cfc2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kid on the M1

was watching the footage of the crash on the m1 this morning , the kid who was being chased by the police and got killed running across the M1..... was that a white hawkeye involved in the smash with the black beemer hope the owners weren't hurt and are ok.. are they on here?!!!
Old 09 January 2008, 10:15 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

It was a silver Seat....

Very unfortunate incident....
Old 09 January 2008, 10:18 PM
cfc2
Scooby Regular

yes just saw the footage earlier on the tele saw the front grill all smashed up looked like a hawk eye just read now it was a seat hope all ok
Old 09 January 2008, 10:20 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

I go up that part of the M1 quite often, it doesn't bear thinking about...

Imagine driving at 60-70 and suddenly someone jumping in front of the car.....
Old 09 January 2008, 10:21 PM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

I have absolutely no simpathy for the wee ****.

I only hope the car drivers will/are ok. The difficult thing for them is the mental trauma after that.
Old 09 January 2008, 10:22 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My sympathy to the people in the cars involved for the thief that ran off I have no sympathy
Old 09 January 2008, 10:34 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
My sympathy to the people in the cars involved for the thief that ran off I have no sympathy
i will 2nd that
Old 09 January 2008, 10:49 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Yip, sympathy for the drivers and the police officers who will now have to put up with months of investigation while the "really" Independent, IPCC tries to stitch them up for something.
Old 09 January 2008, 11:00 PM
filfy
Scooby Regular

A friend of my sister had this happen to her a good few years ago in Leeds,young lad legging it from the old bill ran right infront of her car.she said she hit him that hard it turnd him inside out

anyway she never felt bad about it, as she said i did nothing wrong.fair point hope the persons involved with this one have the same view.
Old 09 January 2008, 11:55 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bit harsh that lads no one deserves that sort of punishment for robbing a moped. That sort o death suits a pedo or a serial killer.
Old 09 January 2008, 11:58 PM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
Bit harsh that lads no one deserves that sort of punishment for robbing a moped. That sort o death suits a pedo or a serial killer.
I know where you are coming from but we ****s like that just go down a raod of crime, drugs etc then spunge off the benefit system and dont work and clog up the NHS. Get rid of the lot of them i say.
Old 10 January 2008, 06:39 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, they desereve to die slowly screaming in agony, not quickly like this.
Old 10 January 2008, 11:12 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gpssti4
No, they desereve to die slowly screaming in agony, not quickly like this.

Ok
Old 10 January 2008, 11:45 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

so its ok to steal things then?

perhaps thats being flippant on my part, but he stole, he got caught, he ran, he died. if he was innocent and the mopped was his legally then he had no reason to run.

i have sympathy for the drivers involved, but o sympathy for the kid, should have more respect for peoples property and not have stolen it in the first place
Old 10 January 2008, 11:55 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

I have to say this is one of those things that serves him right. Just a shame other people have lost their property and been injured. Should have been flattened by a HGV.

5t.
Old 10 January 2008, 12:07 PM
New_scooby_04

It is hard to feel sympathy for someone who runs onto the motorway to evade he police, much easier to feel sympathy for the police and the poor drivers involved in the incident.

BUT

We do need to remember folks that it wasn't proven that he'd sone anything wrong, and now it will never be ascertained whether he was a culprit or was in the wrong place at the wrong time, paniced and legged it with the culprits -he was only 14 remember; we all did stupid things when we were kids and maybe even hung out with a bad crowd for a while. Sometimes, it takes an incident like this for a kid to realise they are hanging out with the wrong people. How differently things might have worked out if he'd been caught.

This incident will leave lots of room for conjecture, speculation etc... but the FACTS are that one kid is dead, a poor driver has to live with this for the rest of their life and some, no doubt, dedicated policemen will now have to undergo a lengthy enquiry about their conduct. Oh, and of course a family has lost a son.

Whichever way you look at it, it's a damned shame this happened all around.

Ns04
Old 10 January 2008, 12:08 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
I have to say this is one of those things that serves him right. Just a shame other people have lost their property and been injured. Should have been flattened by a HGV.

5t.

yeah would have hardly dented the hgv instead of writing off twop cars and injuring the drivers
Old 10 January 2008, 12:31 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
It is hard to feel sympathy for someone who runs onto the motorway to evade he police, much easier to feel sympathy for the police and the poor drivers involved in the incident.

BUT

We do need to remember folks that it wasn't proven that he'd sone anything wrong, and now it will never be ascertained whether he was a culprit or was in the wrong place at the wrong time, paniced and legged it with the culprits -he was only 14 remember; we all did stupid things when we were kids and maybe even hung out with a bad crowd for a while. Sometimes, it takes an incident like this for a kid to realise they are hanging out with the wrong people. How differently things might have worked out if he'd been caught.

This incident will leave lots of room for conjecture, speculation etc... but the FACTS are that one kid is dead, a poor driver has to live with this for the rest of their life and some, no doubt, dedicated policemen will now have to undergo a lengthy enquiry about their conduct. Oh, and of course a family has lost a son.

Ns04
How dare you make reasoned and intelligent comments on this web site.
Shame upon you!
Old 10 January 2008, 12:40 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

BUT

Ns04
while i see where your comming from i don't agree, kids by the age of 14 know the difference between right and wrong, if he was in the right he wouldn't have legged it simple as
Old 10 January 2008, 01:01 PM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
while i see where your comming from i don't agree, kids by the age of 14 know the difference between right and wrong, if he was in the right he wouldn't have legged it simple as
Damn right.

"Oooh. Im innocent. LETS RUN!"
Old 10 January 2008, 01:17 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Agree in part Tidgy but just think for just one second if this was your kid. Would you be smiling and saying "well serves him right"? Doubt it very much.......

Of course you will argue your kids, if you have any, will never do anything wrong because they are brought up right or when you have kids the same will apply.
Old 10 January 2008, 01:20 PM
New_scooby_04

I agree mate, they do know the difference between right and wrong, he shouldn't have legged it, and trying to get across a motorway not long after rush hour was blooming silly, that's all we do know he did for sure for sure.....did he deserve it for that? Was it worth the other parties going through what they're now going through for that?

I'd argue, no.

A much better outcome would have been had a been caught, been given a good clip around the ear by the fuzz, taken home to mum and given a blooming good clip around the ear for running from the law and subsequently prosecuted if it was proven that he was involved in a criminal wrong doing

Ns *where's my pipe and slippers* 04
Old 10 January 2008, 01:23 PM
DEC14N
Scooby Regular

My sympathy goes to the car occupants and the family of the dead lad, cant imagine being told my son (no matter what he had done) had been killed.
Old 10 January 2008, 01:28 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

sorry don't get me wrong it is very sad indeed, but i think its the state of the country now, kids don't see any problem with stealing something then running. i'm sure that if the old addage of a good clip round the ear and at elling off by the copper and then parents would have worked had it never been stopped (and i should think done alot to improve crime rates in the uk) but i think its how things now are, kids have no fear of the law.
Old 10 January 2008, 01:31 PM
New_scooby_04

sorry don't get me wrong it is very sad indeed, but i think its the state of the country now, kids don't see any problem with stealing something then running. i'm sure that if the old addage of a good clip round the ear and at elling off by the copper and then parents would have worked had it never been stopped (and i should think done alot to improve crime rates in the uk) but i think its how things now are, kids have no fear of the law.
Again I agree.

Too many kids acting with impunity these days. They do need putting them in their place...... just that running em over probably isn't the best solution to the ills of today's youth! Better parents who actually give a sh*t would be a start.

Ns04
Old 10 January 2008, 01:37 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Again I agree.

Too many kids acting with impunity these days. They do need putting them in their place...... just that running em over probably isn't the best solution to the ills of today's youth! Better parents who actually give a sh*t would be a start.

Ns04

couldn't agree more
Old 10 January 2008, 01:38 PM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

This happened on the M60 last year. I cant feel sympathy for theives of any sort. I feel sorry for the car occupants.