Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

First Mods For P1!! Thanks API!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2008, 05:37 PM
woolfy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mods For P1!! Thanks API!!

Just writing to let you all know i have had some mods carried out to the P1.

The car was completely bog standard and although it is a lovely car in as new condition, i decided to make the engine "safer" with a remap and a few choice mods to make it perform better.

I decided to take the car to API Impreza as i initially phoned David for some advice on a mapping issue/fuel cut on the standard software and found him to be very knowledgeable.

Having arrived on Wednesday morning, David introduced himself to me and the car was straight up onto the ramps.... let the mods begin

The mods that i decided to go for were as follows; Full 3" exhaust with heat wrap and 5" slash cut pipe, de-cat pipe, API air filter, Walbro fuel pump, uprated plugs, ECUTEK remap by Pat Hepburn (think that was the guys surname... he didnt speak much!!)

Pro Drive mud flaps and Brembo grooved disks front and rear with Ferodo ds2500 pads, braided hoses and uprated brake fluid to be fitted next week funds permitting.

After live mapping the car on the road, David told me that the engine sounds sweet and its been really well looked after. The engine pulls strong and David said that the car is pulling a nice solid 320 - 330 bhp... the car feels much more urgent now and pulls strong through the gears.

Not drove it since the journey home though as the weather has been shocking. That said though, it is January!!

Very pleased... considering i was close to selling the car before i took the plunge.

Thanks API.
Old 11 January 2008, 06:08 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

ECUTEK remap by Pat Hepburn (think that was the guys surname... he didnt speak much!!)
Ahhh.. Audrey's brother! Great on the old ecutek aparantly. lmao

Good news on the outcome!
Old 11 January 2008, 11:24 PM
p1dazza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The strong silent type
Old 12 January 2008, 11:25 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your business Woolfie, glad you like it. It felt as good as any we have done and actually accepted a bit more timing than most.

Enjoy it. Hope to see you soon re the brakes.

David API.

[ Pat Herborn ] Strong and silent, HA !