Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Do you jump queues?

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2008, 10:29 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do you jump queues?

Kinda a Scooby question.. when your in the Impreza do you tend to jump to the front of queues.. like traffic lights or in rush hour ??

I've notice a lot of young lads doing it recently in Imprezas and they seems to always **** up the launch !! Making the Impreza look bad !

I mean ok if you shoot to the front and then can get away without causing anyone else any issues.. by all means go for it !

But if you drive to the front of a queue and then indicate to pull in !!

So hands up who does it?
Old 12 January 2008, 10:52 AM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont really think you can call it queue jumping. If there is 2 lanes to go straight on then why not use it. If everyone used just one lane then the queue behind would be even longer
Old 12 January 2008, 10:56 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only do it in one place which is 3 lanes (traffic light controlled) goes for ¼ mile then another set of traffic lights and the third lane is for going right.
so at the first set if i can i will but i don't launch it like i'm at a rally start.
Old 12 January 2008, 01:43 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

yep, it safer to be the one queue jumping than being jumped by some kid in a Nova so most of the time i do
Old 12 January 2008, 10:52 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Yep - q's are for stuqid people.
Old 13 January 2008, 01:24 AM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by noobyscooby
Yep - q's are for stuqid people.

Old 13 January 2008, 01:32 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I don't do queuing - I join the ignorant BMW and VW Golf drivers in the 'rude lane' while muppetts sit in a long single lane Queue .......... there's two lanes, use them!!

Old 13 January 2008, 09:35 AM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

M40 junction to get on the M25 - every morning, its the mother of all queues!

Some scary queue jumping goes on there, but the alternative is to wait up to 45 minutes on a bad day.

At least they are widening the exit slip road this month, that should ease some pain.

(edit - its not strictly a two lane queue, but anyone who's experienced it knows its bad)

Last edited by Ryo; 13 January 2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 13 January 2008, 11:18 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

If I have to be somewhere I will que jump, but otherwise I will sit in the que and just chill

What I do a lot though is abuse the round about. Near me there is a round about i have to use daily, I want to go straight on but the left turn is a big tesco which is always ramme don a friday afternoon. I nearly always take the free flowing right hand lane and ca accross if traffic is clear, or go round the round about and come off on the next pass... No danger and saves me sitting there like a pleb
Old 13 January 2008, 02:24 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I don't do queuing - I join the ignorant BMW and VW Golf drivers in the 'rude lane' while muppetts sit in a long single lane Queue .......... there's two lanes, use them!!

Nail/head again for MrRee..

We are like comatose sheep in this country, see a line of people/cars and join onto it regardless, even when there's another lane free for a mile or so..! Baaahh..

I look for an alternative if possible, without being bullish. If this makes me look like the black sheep of the family then so be it. Baaahh, baah..!
Old 13 January 2008, 03:37 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

To anyone who queue jumps and pushes in at the front, this is one of the reasons why the queue is so ucking long.For every car that does it the whole queue is held up a bit at a time till eventually its a bloody mile long.I love it when some dick brain tries it and tries to get back in and i just keep parallel with them and ensure there is no way back in to the queue.....
Old 13 January 2008, 03:44 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

On my bike.. yes.. car no.. because thats just plain being a C*NT!!
Old 13 January 2008, 03:49 PM
The Fresh Prince
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by pslewis

Nah its mainly fiats who queue jump, simply cos they overheat all the time
Old 13 January 2008, 04:34 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm mixed views on this
Old 13 January 2008, 06:31 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

what really annoys me is people that can't read the bus lane signs,in hull there everywhere and people just think they can't go in them period.
i just tootle along to the front stop at the lights and then the most annoying thing happens, you get a dirty look from the car in the lane next to you because its just taken them 20 mins to get to them. i just feel like getting out and explaining to them that its only 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening that you can't use them
Old 13 January 2008, 07:28 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by powerman1
To anyone who queue jumps and pushes in at the front, this is one of the reasons why the queue is so ucking long.For every car that does it the whole queue is held up a bit at a time till eventually its a bloody mile long.I love it when some dick brain tries it and tries to get back in and i just keep parallel with them and ensure there is no way back in to the queue.....
If there is 2 lanes, yes use them, but using a filter lane to get ahead and then push back in, not if I can help it!!!
Old 13 January 2008, 07:35 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azz250478
what really annoys me is people that can't read the bus lane signs,in hull there everywhere and people just think they can't go in them period.
i just tootle along to the front stop at the lights and then the most annoying thing happens, you get a dirty look from the car in the lane next to you because its just taken them 20 mins to get to them. i just feel like getting out and explaining to them that its only 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening that you can't use them
Peterborugh is exactly the same, except they have suspended the bus lane and no-one reads the signs
Old 13 January 2008, 10:09 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Milton Keynes is good for this, wide open roads, usually two lanes per side. I don't quite understand the question, you mean when drivers shoot in front and then pull into the opposite lane?

I've done that a couple of times where I felt I had a clear gap and it was safe to do so.

Yeah bus lanes are hilarious, people just don't read the signs and then when you use it they give you this daft look as if you have commited a cardinal sin.
Old 13 January 2008, 10:10 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerman1
And I'll very happily take your wing off - just join in the fun or get out of my way!
Old 13 January 2008, 10:11 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
On my bike.. yes.. car no.. because thats just plain being a C*NT!!
That's me and C8NTS are useful.
Old 14 January 2008, 02:05 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

This is turning into the 'merge in turn' debate again..!
Old 14 January 2008, 02:37 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

If it's a merge in turn debate, then it's not a queue jump debate - or at least it shouldnt be.
Queue jumping - e.g. being in the wrong lane and cutting in at the last minute is the behaviour of the selfish or the retarded
Think, would you queue jump in the bank, or the post office? Probably not, because you're not surrounded by a lockable metal cage...
Old 14 January 2008, 03:32 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Depending on the size of the queue, and how late i am for work...

I try not to as much as possible. It usually puts your car in unnecessary danger of being bumped as you squeeze back into the lane of traffic. Also if i get any agro from the other drivers it's just a stress i could do without to and from work.

SetoN
Old 14 January 2008, 08:48 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

lol if theres 2 lanes going forward then use them lol

too many times i drive mrs to work in the morning and the left hand lane is 1/4mile long and for some strange reason no1 is using the right hand lane.......... don;t really understand that.......
Old 14 January 2008, 08:50 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Queue jumpers, 90% of the time, are the cause of the flipping queue in the first place. I think it's just about my number 1 pet hate on the roads.
Old 15 January 2008, 12:53 AM
N1gel 1970
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
This is turning into the 'merge in turn' debate again..!
I think in germany they call it the 'zip' effect, it seems to work quite well there
Old 15 January 2008, 09:34 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Probein
Queue jumpers, 90% of the time, are the cause of the flipping queue in the first place. I think it's just about my number 1 pet hate on the roads.
Agree'd!

Get it every morning on the A4 in several places.. People use the right hand lane on an approach to a round-a-bout where people are queueing: The right hand lane is for turning right all these people are doing is totally blocking the round-a-bout.. Selfish bastids!
Old 15 January 2008, 09:45 AM
monkeysan
Scooby Regular

i'm british - queuing is in our blood.......
Old 15 January 2008, 11:12 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I don't queue jump but I will merge in turn, as prescribed in the highway code.

Steve
Old 15 January 2008, 11:20 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I notice that in the Impreza people tend to be courteous to me. Sometimes I muscle into queues but it depends on the mood I'm in.

Usually I drive a Pug 106 diesel back and fore work. It has a dent or buckle in every panel so usually when queuing I tend to be given a wide berth.

it provides an amazing sense of freedom - not giving a hoot if someone tries to muscle me because when I muscle back they usually back down.

I tell you what though the pug is unbeleivable on diesel. i can usually get nearly 300 miles out of 20 quid.

Quick Reply: Do you jump queues?