ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What Next????

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2008, 07:53 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Next????

Ok. Hello all, We took our stock Hawkeye WRX home 9 days ago and we've already started spending ££££!! After only a day, I was at Source, (car audio) Chapletown-Sheffield as I felt the stereo was the first thing needing attention. The car went in on Monday and has been transformed, these guys know there stuff and come highly recommended, fantastic job.

Everyones different I know, and I'm sure many wouldn't spend a penny on a new stereo, which brings me to the, what next?

Honestly, at the moment I think the car is pretty quick and as I'm getting used to it, I'm happy with the engine. Its in the corners where I think it could be better, there's more roll than I would like. And the brakes aren't as good as I'd like. So that's where I think I should to spend my money.

What do you think? What mods would you do to improve the above? and where would you go (live in Sheffield)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ritchie21; 15 January 2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 15 January 2008, 08:02 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

<£200 for rear anti roll bar (whiteline 22mm adj) and solid droplinks has to be one of the most (cost) effective mods you can do..!

This will eliminate a lot of roll and understeer. Also a piece of pish to diy fit..!

Brake wise, set of decent front pads and braided hoses with decent fluid helps a lot, for < £200..

After this depends how far you want to go..?
Old 15 January 2008, 08:10 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Sounds good!

I've just spent £1700 on the stereo amps and speakers...well worth it though

So I'm prepared to spend a bit!!!!!!

It's only ever going to see the road and not a track so needs really to be a combination of comfort and cornering