Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

accident advice please guys and recomendations of a bodyshop in gravesend area

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2008, 06:12 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accident advice please guys and recomendations of a bodyshop in gravesend area

just had my worst nightmare as some **** has just driven into the side of my car.

details exchanged and i've just reported it to my insurance company, but i haven't had to do this before and don't want to miss anything out as i want my car back to pristine condition with zero cost to me as it's **** all to me.

accident occured on a roundabout i was pretty much level with the lane that joins the r/bout when the guy, sitting by a 2 foot sign saying give way for FFS!, pull out and smacks me in the rear door, spinning me 180*.

with my limited knowledge, the doors shafted, the arch extension is smashed, arch pushed in, with the door open you can see 2 crease marks in the metal up to near the plastic sill guard and the skirt is damaged. so i'm guessing new quarter panel? and the tyre needs changing as that's got a bit of his bumper sticking out of it.

so, what's the best plan? i'm going to my subaru garage to get them to check it over to see if there's anything i can't see (wheel, suspension etc) then off to a body shop i know for an estimate, the tyre needs replacing that's going on the repair bill so keep the receipt? should i ask the fitters to write a supporting note?

anything else that would be a good idea? i will take pics of the car and damage to the wheel and of the scene of the crash, but is there anything else i need to do?

oddly enough i'm ******* fuming right now so might be missing some bloody obvious thing i need to do!

so 2nd part of the post, can anyone recomend a body shop around gravesend area (rough area, don't mind travelling a bit for quality) that they've been impressed with that i can check out?

****i suppose another question is should i be posting up about an accident on a public forum site?****

Last edited by hoskib; 17 January 2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 18 January 2008, 09:23 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Barnysands in Northfleet, they have painted a few spoilers etc for me in the past and the colour match and finish ahve been very good, on the industrial estate near the Shell garage.
Old 18 January 2008, 09:30 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Pictures mate, take lots of them. Of the scene too if you are local, so its easier to explain to the assessors etc.

If you have a bodyshop in mind, then inform your insurer asap.
Who are you insured with, are they not offering to take care of all of this?

Is it actually safe to drive?

Mate owns a bodyshop, excellent quality work, but sadly I think Southend is a little far ?
Old 18 January 2008, 10:14 AM
RICKSTER555
Scooby Regular

Is barretts bodyshop in canterbury to far for you to travel?
Old 18 January 2008, 02:11 PM
j-k
Scooby Regular

sent you PM on SIDC matey..
Old 18 January 2008, 04:57 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Pictures mate, take lots of them. Of the scene too if you are local, so its easier to explain to the assessors etc.

If you have a bodyshop in mind, then inform your insurer asap.
Who are you insured with, are they not offering to take care of all of this?

Is it actually safe to drive?

Mate owns a bodyshop, excellent quality work, but sadly I think Southend is a little far ?
yes, very local. all of 3 mins from home!

got loads of pics, took some last night and again today in daylight.

with a-plan (groupama is the underwriter), spoke to them yesterday and they are happy for me to take it where i want, yes they are offering to sort it all but i'm not happy just handing it over to a strange bodyshop then battling to get any problems sorted.

i've been recomended a couple of places and i'm off tomorrow to get an estimate and suss the place out. southend may be a bit off the radar

car is safe to drive, looks a ******* state and a tyre needs changing, but i need this put down officially so i can claim for it. got a spare in the boot with a trolley jack incase

cheers for the replies (pm replied j-k)