ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What the people at PRODRIVE really think about you lot

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2008, 02:36 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What the people at PRODRIVE really think about you lot

Driving around in Subaru's with the SWRT logo's on.

As you may or may not know Prodrive have complained to EBAY rgds the amount of sticker kits available on their, preaching copy right and all that, so ebay have banned all traders selling the SWRT logo. Well a member on midland scoobies who is a trader on their and has done numerous rally kits for other members and also members on here, he wrote to them about this and this is what he was told.....

Had a reply from regarding selling rally kits and they said that people with rally kits give Subaru and Prodrive a bad name... I quote...

"road cars that had SWRT decals on them are being driven erratically or without due consideration to other members of the road going public."
so people without logo's on their cars don't then ? ? ? ?

You are all ..... - Midland-Scoobies Forums

So its ok to spend huge amounts of money on your products, but dare to put the rally logo on your scoob and, well, your just not the people at prodrive what to attract, put i didn't hear them complaining when we all turned up there on the Richard Burns memorial run and raised all that money or will they start complianing or ban us when we go on the McRaeGathering ???

Wonder if BMW will take he same stance and demand that all the owners who have the "M" badge on their cars remove them ? ?

Last edited by Dazza01; 24 January 2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 24 January 2008, 02:41 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Well I say we approch David Richards and ask him WTF they mean, I mean I don't have my Scoob like that but a fair few members do, and fair play to them!!!!!!! Cheeky Gits
Cheers
Colin
Old 24 January 2008, 02:45 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

There is no way on gods green earth a member of Prodrive would have sent that out into the public domain. Their press office would have a hernia!
Old 24 January 2008, 02:48 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

calm down ffs.
Old 24 January 2008, 02:50 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King Eric
There is no way on gods green earth a member of Prodrive would have sent that out into the public domain. Their press office would have a hernia!
So Brian is lying then ? why would he QUOTE them then ? if he's lying let them sue for damages ? or better still come on and explain what they really mean then ?
Old 24 January 2008, 02:51 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

the comment on midland about being scum is not mentioned in the prodrive response anywhere, so clearly someone is getting carried away.
Old 24 January 2008, 02:54 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Come on guys do you expect Prodrive, a big successful set up to be happy attaching there name to some of the cars (and drivers) out there

Of course they are not going to be happy and rightly so. They have a right to defend there name and products.
Old 24 January 2008, 02:57 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
So Brian is lying then ? why would he QUOTE them then ? if he's lying let them sue for damages ? or better still come on and explain what they really mean then ?
Sorry No, thats not what I meant! (Bloody internet forums!)...What I meant was surely thats a **** up at their end and someone has not exactly taken stock of what was being asked/or failed to be guided on the response Prodrive would like to give about people who have SWRT graphics on their cars
Old 24 January 2008, 03:00 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jd5217
the comment on midland about being scum is not mentioned in the prodrive response anywhere, so clearly someone is getting carried away.
Thats true, but i quoted the statement posted not the title of the thread.
Old 24 January 2008, 03:05 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King Eric
Sorry No, thats not what I meant! (Bloody internet forums!)...What I meant was surely thats a **** up at their end and someone has not exactly taken stock of what was being asked/or failed to be guided on the response Prodrive would like to give about people who have SWRT graphics on their cars
Possibly could be, but its been said now, wonder if they will know come back with a more "Company friendly response"
Old 24 January 2008, 03:13 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

I think personally that they clearly 2 very different issue but brought about from complaints made to Prodrive and not licking anyone a4rse but I agree with Prodrive
"road cars that had SWRT decals on them are being driven erratically or without due consideration to other members of the road going public."
I don't feel that they are complaining about the majority of people with WRC replica or a Prodrive sticker but the odd few that have been " driving road cars that had SWRT decals on them and being driven erratically or without due consideration"

As you may or may not know Prodrive have complained to EBAY rgds the amount of sticker kits available on their, preaching copy right and all that, so ebay have banned all traders selling the SWRT logo.
It is their Company Trade mark !! Plaster your car in Disney stickers and you might find your in breach of copyright laws

IMHO

Tony
Old 24 January 2008, 03:21 PM
Seine
Scooby Regular

Maybe just had complaints from the gen public about a load of fvckwits in "scoobies"
Old 24 January 2008, 03:26 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

I don't feel that they are complaining about the majority of people with WRC replica or a Prodrive sticker but the odd few
And just which odd few are we talking about then ?

Originally Posted by T5NYW

It is their Company Trade mark !! Plaster your car in Disney stickers and you might find your in breach of copyright laws

IMHO

Tony
Well **** me, really, i never knew that

thats not what the thread is about, thats the reason they gave Ebay to ensure that thay made sure people stopped selling the kits on their, which im not complianing about at all, im on about the statement they sent rgds people who have the rally logo on their car.

Last edited by Dazza01; 24 January 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 24 January 2008, 03:32 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

have you actually read what was written below the title?
Old 24 January 2008, 03:32 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

they state that road cars with the logos on are being driven erratically - TRUE

but not all are being driven erratically.
Old 24 January 2008, 03:33 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
have you actually read what was written below the title?

obviously not
Old 24 January 2008, 03:37 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

They should be banned anyway. Wouldn't be seen dead in an Impreza with rally style decals, looks a bit sad IMHO.
Old 24 January 2008, 03:41 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

If its simply a trademark thing.. then fair enough. If they're using driving standards as an excuse then it sounds like they've made a ***** up - I guess they would like us all to return our Prodrive wheels for a full refund, just in case we drive "erratically" with them on and tarnish the name of their fine company?

Not that I'd put rally stickers on my car.. but its kinda besides the point.
Old 24 January 2008, 03:44 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
If its simply a trademark thing.. then fair enough. If they're using driving standards as an excuse then it sounds like they've made a ***** up - I guess they would like us all to return our Prodrive wheels for a full refund, just in case we drive "erratically" with them on and tarnish the name of their fine company?

Not that I'd put rally stickers on my car.. but its kinda besides the point.
Very nicely put sir.
Old 24 January 2008, 03:45 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Rewinds 6 years...............................have'nt we been here before, I think Mike Wood even came on with a reply explaining why they did'nt sell them!
Old 24 January 2008, 03:52 PM
scoobyhoobydoo
Scooby Regular

As I am aware (and am happy to be corrected) it was/is a Prodrive design and they do not want other companies selling unauthorized reproduction the stickers on Ebay. The problem is?
Old 24 January 2008, 03:54 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

And just which odd few are we talking about then ?
I was speaking to SWRT mechanics quite some time ago in Turkey, I said I was a Scoob owner, They said " Hope you've not got Grafic on" I asked why? This is roughly what they said, OK maybe just company BS from them or just the Company "Joke" !!!

"After a UK Rally local members of the Public complainted to Police/WRC that some Stickered up Scoobs were driving dangerously. These complaints were passed on to Prodrive which could have had serious consquencies if it had of been "Prodrive" Rally cars" possible exclusion or big fines"

IMHO

Tony

Last edited by T5NYW; 24 January 2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 24 January 2008, 03:57 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Why not take alook on the Subaru World Rally Team website, they say the same sort of thing on there.

Subaru World Rally Team

Originally Posted by SWRT
Can I put the SWRT Livery onto my Road Car?
No, we are afraid not. The livery is trademarked not just to prevent it being copied and used commercially, but to maintain the integrity of the Subaru World Rally Team's World Rally Cars in order that they stand out wherever they go as the pinnacle of the sport.

We have had a number of instances where members of the public have complained directly to the team regarding roadcars that had SWRT decals on them where they were being driven erratically or without due consideration to other members of the roadgoing public. The rest of the community believes that these cars with the SWRT livery are in some way affiliated with the team and could then reproach the team directly regarding this bad driving. We would seek to eliminate all such confusion by maintaining the integrity of the livery for just the Subaru World Rally Team and ask members of the public to not apply stickers copying the team livery onto their own cars.

Last edited by SirFozzalot; 24 January 2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 24 January 2008, 04:04 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

sorted
Old 24 January 2008, 04:25 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

all though, you have to admit people are a bit dumb for complaining to prodrive lol
Old 24 January 2008, 04:29 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

did they complain direct to prodrive or just found the web addy for SWRT
Old 24 January 2008, 04:31 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

did they complain direct to prodrive or just found the web addy for SWRT
I'm guessing if you look for an address for SWRT it will be the Prodrive address that you get.
Old 24 January 2008, 04:33 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder want they think of Tiny's car ?
Old 24 January 2008, 04:35 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

probably very impressed

so who to complain to about the spike decals then?
Old 24 January 2008, 04:44 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5NYW
I think personally that they clearly 2 very different issue but brought about from complaints made to Prodrive and not licking anyone a4rse but I agree with Prodrive
Likewise. Nothing at all was said about scum it was the poster that said that. A poster who by the sound of it (and no offence to anyone that knows him) has had a tidy sideline in trademark copyright violation taken away and has a bit of an axe to grind.

5t.

Quick Reply: What the people at PRODRIVE really think about you lot