Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Where's a good place to sell my scoob?

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2008, 02:15 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where's a good place to sell my scoob?

Unfortunately I have to sell my beautiful MY2000 scoob as I'm doing loads of miles and need something a bit more eco-friendly :'( Does anyone know a good place to sell it? Ebay prices are about the same as trade-in prices. Auto trader prices are better but who knows if the cars actually sell or not. I don't want to let go of my scoob, but I have to, so it's going to kill me if I have to let it go for nowhere near what it's worth.
Old 28 January 2008, 02:53 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

ON HERE , auto trader , e bay not alot of other options really .
Old 28 January 2008, 02:55 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Try pistonheads, its free to advertise and i found it much easier to sell my last 2 as its a well known site. Good luck with the sale
Old 28 January 2008, 03:01 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Sold mine via www.pistonheads
Old 30 January 2008, 03:23 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

Hi guys

Thanks very much for your help - I'll try that!
Old 30 January 2008, 03:40 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

You will only sell it for what the market rate is, so you won't find anywhere that you can sell for more than that, if that is what you are looking for?

As said, try on here, Pistonheads, and any other forums where people may be interested.

Also if it was me I would put the car back to std (if its modded in anyway), thats what most buyers would want these days, I know I would only buy a std car.

I've been looking at MY99/00's recently and they seem to average between £5k and £6k.
Old 30 January 2008, 03:48 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

Hi

No, I just want market rate rather than part-ex rate. Mods only include upgraded alloys and exhaust, and I have a spare brand new standard exhaust which could be fitted if the buyer was that bothered. Plus defi guages but I don't really think they would count as modifications?

Trending Topics

Old 30 January 2008, 05:33 PM
scoobykev1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Subie Claire
Hi

No, I just want market rate rather than part-ex rate. Mods only include upgraded alloys and exhaust, and I have a spare brand new standard exhaust which could be fitted if the buyer was that bothered. Plus defi guages but I don't really think they would count as modifications?
Hi, can you put some details up about it please as i have a mate thats after a my99/00. Ta
Old 30 January 2008, 06:27 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

UK car not import

Classic Dark Mica Blue colour - Subaru Impreza 2litre turbo including all the usuals PLUS:-

Upgraded Subaru-fitted exhaust (power increase 7% I've been told)
Spare brand new standard exhaust
Upgraded 17" (or 18" I need to check - either way they are low profile, and 1" bigger than standard) gold alloys - Subaru fitted, and from the original UK300s.
Air con
Original subaru radio (possibly plus Alpine CD multichanger)
3 dash-mounted defi guages - oil pressure, oil temp, turbo
Tracker (not currently activated)
Prodrive mats and bootliner
Headlight and fog light protectors
It has a very nice Subaru-specific private plate
82k miles

Very good condition and lovingly looked after - 1 small crease on back door where someone opened their door into me, no rust, no dents, alloys slightly scuffed in places (normal wear and tear)

I think there were a couple of other improvements to add to the list, but I can't think of them off the top of my head - i have them listed at home and will check to see if there's anything I've missed.

I still have to take some pictures, but it basically looks like any other impreza though it has a happy glow about it
Old 30 January 2008, 09:07 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

UK car not import

Classic Dark Mica Blue colour - Subaru Impreza 2litre turbo including all the usuals PLUS:-

Upgraded Subaru-fitted exhaust (power increase 7% I've been told)
Spare brand new standard exhaust
Upgraded 17" (or 18" I need to check - either way they are low profile, and 1" bigger than standard) gold 5 double-spoke alloys - Subaru fitted, and from the original UK300s.
Air con
Original subaru radio (possibly plus Alpine CD multichanger)
3 dash-mounted defi guages - oil pressure, oil temp, turbo
Tracker (not currently activated)
Prodrive mats and bootliner
Headlight and fog light protectors
It has a very nice Subaru-specific private plate
82k miles

Very good condition and lovingly looked after - 1 small crease on back door where someone opened their door into me, no rust, no dents, alloys slightly scuffed in places (normal wear and tear)

I think there were a couple of other improvements to add to the list, but I can't think of them off the top of my head - i have them listed at home and will check to see if there's anything I've missed.

I still have to take some pictures, but it basically looks like any other impreza though it has a happy glow about it
More details:
- FSH
- Last service included cambelt change, Oct 2007
- New Subaru-fitted Subaru Thatcham security cat 1 system in summer 2007 due to original one going a bit bonkers!

Last edited by Subie Claire; 01 February 2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: updating info
Old 31 January 2008, 10:16 AM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Any idea how much you are looking to get for it, I know of a young lady who is after her first subaru.
Old 31 January 2008, 10:19 AM
[MikeyB]
Scooby Regular

I've got mine for sale on the Autotrader, eBay, Pistonheads and in the Autotrader magazine.

I've had loads of response from Pistonheads and even more from eBay. I've only had 1 call from Autotrader!! : (

Here she is!!
340BHP STI Engine WRX, UK Car, Subaru Impreza on eBay, also, Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 31-Jan-08 11:49:46 GMT)

I'd recommend eBay, running it as an auction, will cost you about £30 and then Pistonheads as that's free.

I wouldn't bother with Autotrader but that's just my opinion from my experience of trying to sell my car.

Now's not a good time to sell either, but I won't go into that! ♠
Old 01 February 2008, 01:55 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the advice. I know you said you didn't want to go into it, but why isn't now a good time to sell?
Old 01 February 2008, 01:58 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by dantastic
Any idea how much you are looking to get for it, I know of a young lady who is after her first subaru.
I've seen similar in autotrader (same model, age and miles) for between £6k and £7k. Mine has loads of extras too. Would sell for £6200 ONO for a hassle-free sale.
Old 01 February 2008, 02:14 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Now is not a good time to sell I'd say down to two things, high price of petrol and post Xmas debt hangover. For a reasonably quick sell I'd be putting a car like that up for £4.5-£5k. Car sitting around for a while, £500 more. You could try Ebay, one very similar spec to yours recently failed to reach its reserve, maxed at £4995.
Old 01 February 2008, 04:34 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the advice. I know I have to go for a realistic selling price, so I'll see how it goes
Old 01 February 2008, 04:47 PM
Fred321
Scooby Regular

Default P.H.

Piston Heads defo an excellent webby to advertise
Old 01 February 2008, 05:19 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

I've seen similar in autotrader (same model, age and miles) for between £6k and £7k. Mine has loads of extras too. Would sell for £6200 ONO for a hassle-free sale.
Unfortunately she can only go to £5k max, but thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old 01 March 2008, 07:35 PM
Subie Claire
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for all the advice. Am dropping my price now so if anyone is interested, please get in touch.

More details here impreza (loads of photos) and here https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...7th-march.html.
Old 02 March 2008, 08:50 AM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Nice car. I've tried to sell various cars in the past and never had any luck with Autotrader. I think it's a good site for cheap runabouts, but not much use for anything more expensive/performance.

I'd say here and Pistonheads are your best bet, though I've seen some cars hang about for ages in the for sale section on here, even at bargain prices - it makes me feel very nervous about ever trying to sell mine!
Old 02 March 2008, 11:45 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Smile

As other have said, Pistonheads first, coz it's free, then here, coz it's very cheap! I don't believe you will get more money advertising in a particular place than you would advertising elsewhere.

Write a detailed ad, listing all the important stuff, mileage, history, extras, etc, then take some good pics of it. I hate seeing crap pics, then the ad text says 'exceptionally well maintained & looked after', yes, right, so well maintained that the owner couldn't be bothered to take a few nice pics of their car!

Good luck
Old 04 March 2008, 01:18 PM
Suby Claire
Scooby Regular

price drop to £5500

MOT March 2009. Full service history and all receipts. Serviced every 6 months