ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

scooby v motorbike

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2008, 08:45 AM
marke8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby v motorbike

come on then lets here your stories.i've got just a standard uk turbo and had great fun chasing a bike near matlock.some of you nutters with monster bhp must slaughter them
Old 09 March 2008, 09:09 AM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

I used to have a Honda fireblade and a 280bhp classic..

There wasnt even a comparison,the bike would slaughter it everywhere going from point A to B.

Damp bends are the big problem for a sport bike,and dry ones too if you have a quick car behind you.There is only so much grip a bike tyre can offer,in relation to the 4 fat ones on a scoob.
Old 09 March 2008, 09:46 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Having owned various large sportsbikes, and currently a 748 I can say that unless you are driving something like a Lambo or Ferrari ( or Ariel Atom ) you will have absolutely FA chance of keeping up.

Not being boastful, but most modern sportsbikes over 600cc can do 0-100 in a few seconds and top out at 170+, at which point the car will be half a mile behind with no chance of catching up.

It just comes down to power to weight - look at the PTW figures for most modern bikes and cars cant even come close.

The car may be quicker around the corners in the wet, depending on the bikers skill ( I'm not really a fast rider, but know some guys who dont slow down just because the roads are wet ! ) but the bike will still just out accelerate it on the straights.

Saying that, I would still rather be in a comfy seat with the heater on and the stereo blasting in bad weather !
Old 09 March 2008, 09:49 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

A fast car will give most bikes a good run for their money if there are plenty of bends involved. It takes a lot more guts to corner fast on two wheels compared to being on four. Last of the late brakers may out do bikes also.
Bikes come in to their own league under straight line acceleration and cutting through traffic which quickens their a to b times.
I only have a baby bike (CBR 600) and even the acceleration on this bike to 100 is very rapid so the likes of Blades and R1's would be frightening
Nik.