Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Ive just seen the new Sti, holy moses what have they done!

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2008, 03:35 PM
Imac_Hunt
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ive just seen the new Sti, holy moses what have they done!

Hi all, its my first time posting in this section.

Ive just seen the new Sti and good lord what a mess they have made of a once rally thoroughbred.

The front end looks like its trying to smile but it half way through it had a rethink and thought Hmmmmm i`m not sure i have a lot to smile about!

Side on it looks like some cheap far eastern shopping trolly and certainly not a pedigree rally car, the back end looks hideous with those lights and the tailgate looks wrong and doesn`t blend with the rest of the car.

It doesn`t even sound like a subaru, its got a weird sound and it doesn`t even look like an expensive car as it looks cheap and not well thought out.

Did they run a competition on the back of a kellogs cornflake pack for 4-9 yr olds to design a car and the winning design would be the subaru world rally car for this year ?
Old 28 March 2008, 05:06 PM
Tired Old Dad
Scooby Regular

They had one on display at Yaxley shopping centre in Peterborough, the salesmen were very talkative, but i was the only one to talk to them in the hour i was there. It looked ok in white, but had the £2000 option wheels on it. Looked like a Ford focus to me, but there is a lot of legroom in the back.
Old 28 March 2008, 05:13 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Imac_Hunt
Side on it looks like some cheap far eastern shopping trolly and certainly not a pedigree rally car

it doesn`t even look like an expensive car as it looks cheap and not well thought out.

Did they run a competition on the back of a kellogs cornflake pack for 4-9 yr olds to design a car and the winning design would be the subaru world rally car for this year ?
You can say that about any model of Impreza!

But if you think the new car looks cheap and badly designed, then the older cars must be really terrible!

Or are you just another blinkered scooby owner looking for a flame session?

Last edited by BMWhere?; 28 March 2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 28 March 2008, 05:20 PM
lucky_strike
Scooby Regular

oh, I wasn't going to reply but now others have... "it doesn't even look like an expensive car", well errr no it's not expensive, it's a sub 5 second 4wd hatch back for £25k. Bargain.
Old 28 March 2008, 05:22 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Imac_Hunt
Hi all, its my first time posting in this section.

Ive just seen the new Sti and good lord what a mess they have made of a once rally thoroughbred.

The front end looks like its trying to smile but it half way through it had a rethink and thought Hmmmmm i`m not sure i have a lot to smile about!

Side on it looks like some cheap far eastern shopping trolly and certainly not a pedigree rally car, the back end looks hideous with those lights and the tailgate looks wrong and doesn`t blend with the rest of the car.

It doesn`t even sound like a subaru, its got a weird sound and it doesn`t even look like an expensive car as it looks cheap and not well thought out.

or another way to see it is that they've toned it down a bit so that when you go to pick up your girlfriend her parents don't laugh at you and say "who is that pillock with all the stupid spoilers coming to pick up my daughter"

If you're a true enthusiast the look of the car is irrelevant. you are buying the car for the way it drives. The whole point is the feel on the road, not the feel looking at it on your drive from inside your house.
Old 28 March 2008, 05:35 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I have to say, I've seen the new STI in the flesh and was quite impressed with what I saw. Deffo looks better in the flesh than any picture I've seen.
Interior quality is a major improvement.

I think the New Impreza is very colour sensitive. I saw a Dark Metallic Grey (almost Black) and it looked very nice. There was a WR Blue WRX there aswell, and it looked awful.

Dark Grey & Black are going to be the new WR Blue for the new shape.
Old 28 March 2008, 10:17 PM
newbiefreddy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf

If you're a true enthusiast the look of the car is irrelevant. you are buying the car for the way it drives. The whole point is the feel on the road, not the feel looking at it on your drive from inside your house.

here here.
I bought a wagon so must be true