Hi guys,

My uk my00 classic is in the garage having the following mods:

vf34 turbo
rcm headers & uppipe
walbro 255
turbosmart bov
Possibly 550 injectors
another mapp

Already fitted is a hayward & scott sports cat downpipe and centre section and firestorm backbox(its too loud) also mapped and running at 270.
just wanted to know what power can safely be acheived with these mods as i have been told that 300 is about the limit with cast internals but others seem to have acheived 320-330 with no problems.

any thoughts?

Cheers
Old 29 April 2008, 08:38 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

My old classic MY00 UK turbo had the following.

VF28 turbo
K&N panel filter
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Harvey Smith polished, ported & wrapped headers
Full 3" decat Revolution exhaust system
Modified oil pump
Andy F remap

Was running 330bhp / 306 lbs ft with standard intercooler, injectors & recirc DV. Ran without any issues for two years. Sold it to my mate a year ago and is still going strong without any issues.

Phil.
Old 29 April 2008, 09:47 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out ANDY FORREST website, hit i ssaid on there that the uk 00 classic can take 360-390 bhp on std internals, but atthis point the uk gearbox becomes an issue, any more power after thi spoint it is recommended that the internals are uprated. here is the link :

AndyForrestPerformance

so the engine does not seem to be the issue it is the gearbox i know some people are lucky and are running the high 3's but most will give up by then, think the common ground is the 350 mark for the gearbox, dependin gon how haed it is used but just abre in mind that if you get carried away with tyour right foot one day it coul dbe the end of the box, personaly i have mine running 320bhp 303lbs which is a nice package for the minute, but i will not be taking it further till i get the box done as i dont see the point of having something you cant use to its full, i dont want to get caught out and have my box pack up as i have been to hard on the throttle. all my own opinion and i maybe wrong with the figures but if iam i am sure someone will be along to say so

also check outh the drivetrain section there will be a few gearbox threads

hope that helps
Old 01 May 2008, 08:30 AM
tolster
Scooby Regular

Yes thanks mate

I thought that would be about right. Seemed a daft question really but when im parting with a few grand i was hoping for more than the 300 quoted.

Maybe a trip to AFP is required.

Cheers
Old 01 May 2008, 09:24 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

not a problem to be honest is does depended on what you want from the car, i have mine running 320 which is fine but it seems to lack a killer blowso i want to take it a little fyrther but that is going to cost a fair bit of cash, i have spoke to a copule of mappers regarding these figures and they agree the std internals can cope with that power so all i need is a larger turbo, but i want to be able to abuse it if i feel, i dont want to worry about slipping the clutch or being to hard on the throttle and killing the box as i dont see the point in having something and spending all the money but not being able to use it how you wish, so i am going to have to drop in a PPG kit or a 6-speed box which will not be cheap, buy the time you have also uprated the clutch and flywheel it is going to get expensive. so to get another 40-70bhp out of my car will cost best part of 4k so is it really worth it
so for now i will leave well alone and start tracking the car to get some enjoyment out of it in another area. the next thing you have to think about is suspension as it can make a fast car seem faster as it grips handles better feels more planted on the road, dont forget brakes too.

as for the figures you have been told i would of thought the 330 mark would be more realistic if you swaped out the 34 to a 35 i think they have higher figure say 350 but spool later than the 34, but this has been covered time and time again so just search the difference out between the 2. i hit 320 on a vf28 with similar mods so 330-350 shoud be achievable with ethier turbo, then if you want to go further just get your wllet back out but this time it will be expensive
Old 01 May 2008, 05:17 PM
tolster
Scooby Regular

I agree mate i will be happy with around the 330 mark for now and as i only get out in the scoob at the weekends it should be a joy to drive with the extra power gain..... i cant wait!!!

Cheers