Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Stolen Silver STI 9

from derby area

very unique front end

Old 08 May 2008, 01:42 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that...i have been loosing sleep about my Scooby going missing...

Was the car garaged? tracker fitted? I assume all was insured?
Old 08 May 2008, 03:13 PM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not another one

Wasn't this up for sale on ebay?
Recognise the FMIC and the Jap style plates...(very distinctive!)

Such a nice car... will be on lookout in London

Last edited by D.O.M; 08 May 2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08 May 2008, 05:18 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

yeah mate, was up for sale, new owners had it about two months and then it got pinched
Old 08 May 2008, 06:11 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

fooking *******s . lovely motor to
Old 08 May 2008, 06:15 PM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

eyes open in my area. Sorry to hear it's been stolen
Old 08 May 2008, 08:28 PM
black newage
Scooby Regular

tracker?

Trending Topics

Old 08 May 2008, 10:22 PM
prwatts
Scooby Regular

No Tracker was fitted - cops say Tracker is good. I will fit one next time - if there is a next time. Scoobies & EVOs are currently top of the hit parade. Used to be GTi. If we all fit Tracker they will move on. Cops don't even try and nick the nickers...too much effort. Easier to let the Insurers squeeze the owners into protecting themselves. Sad situation.
Old 08 May 2008, 10:23 PM
prwatts
Scooby Regular

Cops say older cars such as classics are more likely to be stole for chopping. newer cars for Ram Raid jobs, drug runs, getaways etc..
Old 08 May 2008, 10:30 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by prwatts
No Tracker was fitted - cops say Tracker is good. Cops don't even try and nick the nickers...too much effort. Easier to let the Insurers squeeze the owners into protecting themselves. Sad situation.
Bit of a contradiction there... Police advise you about a tracker then you say they don't even try to nick the nickers....What evidence do you have to back your opinion?
Unless the car is spotted on the move and checked or recovered and forensically examined,what other leads are there open to the police?
Sorry to hear its been nicked.
Old 09 May 2008, 07:10 AM
prwatts
Scooby Regular

The 2 coppers who came to my pad on separate occasions to see what a wonderful job the Dark Side did breaking in, told me this. They go and recover the car if Tracker sez it is in Sainsburys Car Park. But they don't set up a sting and sit and watch the car, and when two guys who don't look like me get in, they don't walk up and say "allo, allo, allo, wot ave we ear then?" That's all I have to say about that.

A friend asked how the fuzz were about this.
I said nice, pleasant and ineffective.
The Thin Blue line is thin for a reason. Crooks are brighter, better paid, better motivated, better equipped, and have a much more exciting job.
And a nice pension in the Bahamas when you get to 40.

That's just my opinion, of course, after a car, motorcycle, and bicycle theft in the metropolis of Derby having only lived here 4 years. Their get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

They DID say that if we had caught the felons inside our house we could have kicked the living **** out of them, just don't use a gun or knife. Seriously.
Old 12 May 2008, 01:10 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

hupla
Old 12 May 2008, 01:16 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prwatts
The 2 coppers who came to my pad on separate occasions to see what a wonderful job the Dark Side did breaking in, told me this. They go and recover the car if Tracker sez it is in Sainsburys Car Park. But they don't set up a sting and sit and watch the car, and when two guys who don't look like me get in, they don't walk up and say "allo, allo, allo, wot ave we ear then?" That's all I have to say about that.

A friend asked how the fuzz were about this.
I said nice, pleasant and ineffective.
The Thin Blue line is thin for a reason. Crooks are brighter, better paid, better motivated, better equipped, and have a much more exciting job.
And a nice pension in the Bahamas when you get to 40.

That's just my opinion, of course, after a car, motorcycle, and bicycle theft in the metropolis of Derby having only lived here 4 years. Their get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

They DID say that if we had caught the felons inside our house we could have kicked the living **** out of them, just don't use a gun or knife. Seriously.
Trackers are very easily defeated.
Old 12 May 2008, 02:56 PM
feRRetboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Trackers are very easily defeated.
They are how? Am i wasting my £18 a month subscription?
Old 12 May 2008, 03:02 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

GPS/GSM based devices are easily blocked and you can even buy a novelty in Maplins which will enable you to locate the actual unit in your vehicle (if you cant work out where it is within 10 seconds).

With regards to 'waste': I dont know. If the unit works properly (does yours? many dont), then it wont do any harm. Tracker only boast about their recoveries though, they never, ever tell you how many equipped vehicles simply disappeared.....

Simon
Old 12 May 2008, 03:10 PM
feRRetboy
Scooby Regular

Interesting comments thanks. I have my doubts if mine is working, ive had mine towed once, no keys in ignition, and was in the workshop with battery off for 2 weeks and i had no calls, not exactly confidence filling is it!

Still i pay my dues each month, i would expect to get paid out in the event of a theft, unless there is a clause to say i need to prove it was active, i would argue they took my money and i dont monitir so how would i know if it was working.

Just my thoughts. I am suprised there was no tracker fitted in this stolen Subaru, since mine a few years younger was enforced to have one by every insurance company i approached
Old 12 May 2008, 03:43 PM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by feRRetboy
Interesting comments thanks.
Still i pay my dues each month, i would expect to get paid out in the event of a theft, unless there is a clause to say i need to prove it was active, i would argue they took my money and i dont monitir so how would i know if it was working.
Just my thoughts. I am suprised there was no tracker fitted in this stolen Subaru, since mine a few years younger was enforced to have one by every insurance company i approached
There was a thread on this very subject a few days ago: https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...t-tracker.html

Quite a lot of insurance companies don't require a tracker any longer, Keith Michaels for one.
Old 12 May 2008, 04:16 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

How did they get into your house to get the keys? As far as I can see it would be impossible to break into our house without smashing a window or breaking the door down. Genuninely interested.
Old 12 May 2008, 04:31 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

must admit when getting mine and insuring it the tracker made no difference to the insurance quotes, but there again mines a common blob wrx, i suspect the more difficult to replace cars may be in a different situation. Any word on the car in this thread?