ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Are all coppers lame and jealous?

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2008, 08:40 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Are all coppers lame and jealous?

Hi all, had an interesting meet with some cops who were on a ever so slight power trip. So heres what happened:

I left the gym and was driving home in a normal manner and the police immedietly began to follow me as soon as i got onto the main road. I was not even getting close to 30mph due to traffic, then decided to go to a relatives house, therefore adjusting my driving course and headed there. These pigs driving a nutty speeds pulling stupid maneouvers followd me all the way onto the road on which my relative lives. They were driving so irresponsibly, without any flashing lights or sirens or even indicators for that matter, pulling out onto roads and i could see in my mirrors the stupid amount of body roll they were undergoing driving like that.

Anyway, flashing lights alota noise and i pull over outside a mates house in a neighbourhood i grew up in. I turned the engine off, left my car and got a rather rude response from the firstpoorly mannered power trip ****. Being threatened to be "thrown into the vehicle head first" when i was being quite cooperative. Got into the car and 1 was a young asian lad and the other a lad with a tan which i can only guess he got from a nice warm vacation to the local boots store. Both of these chaps looked like the type of lads who got bullied at school and couldnt do much about it. Anyway, after some verbal ebuse being exchanged...or should i say being hurled at me.

I was then told my front tyre was low (without them even measuring it and they were looking from inside the pig car), that my numberplate was illegal (have an import size plate with standard font and size) so i began telling them how they hadnt a clue in the slightest what they were talking about. A couple of my lads then turned up and began surrounding the car and threatening the coppers and having a general laugh with me then i was released. Was told to remove my car by being toe'd or that id have to change my tyre there and then so i got it toe'd away about 5 houses down the road to my relatives house .

After this we all stood in the road ing away at the sad bstards as they got on their way. Is it me or is this extremely pathetic of them? They were young lads who were obviously jealous of the car im driving being only 19years of age but i was genuinely doing nothing wrong, i was indicating and stopping at junctions and bein courtious to all other drivers on the road. I offered the copper with the orange tan to meet me alone without his badge but he could bring his batton and weapons if he liked and see if he shows me the same attitude but i doubt ill be hearing from him again.

I dont mind being pulled by the tw*ts but when they start going on a power trip i cant stand it and just feel like they need to be put in their place. There here 2 protect our communities, not try and overpower them so yeah it may look bad of me to give them abuse and stick and be on the edge of assualting one but its all within reason.

Anyways rant over.

Old 25 May 2008, 08:48 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In short, the answer is no ... or maybe... yes.
Old 25 May 2008, 09:41 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a cop car follow me ....then stop me , but only to tell me how much he admired my car , turns out he use to own a P1 and know me from the P1 forum .

but most of the time the Cops have been very good (some even lets me off for small number plate, speeding in a 30 mph zone etc etc ), one time on a sunday , I had boot it on the main road as very few car about, a cop car saw me , try to chase me but could not keep up, afew hours later, driving with my wife and daughter was stop by another cop car....it turn outs that the first car could not catch me so put out a warning to his colleagues about my car to see if it was stolen , after some words they were also admiring my car .
its usually to ones that just join the force that are the worse

Last edited by bighead; 25 May 2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 25 May 2008, 09:47 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

"I offered the copper with the orange tan to meet me alone without his badge but he could bring his batton and weapons if he liked and see if he shows me the same attitude but i doubt ill be hearing from him again."
Old 25 May 2008, 09:48 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Great wind up...
Old 25 May 2008, 09:51 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

got pulled in last week by an umarked police car and got in the back and the copper accused me of doing 60 in a 30 to which i denied it, he then changed is mind and said i slowed down to 40. he gave me a bit of a lecture and sent me on my way.I never went anywhere near 60mph but may have briefly touched 40 but why did he accuse me of doing 60
Maz
Scooby Senior

In answer to your direct question no. The vast majority of the policeforce are reasonable, polite and down to earth. Yes you will get the odd idiot, but that idiot is omni present in all walks of life so is not reflective of the majority. In my experience having owned three Imprezas, I have not been pulled once. There are a lot of idiots who drive like prats in my area so even by random chance I expected to have been pulled at least once. My younger brother was pulled by a copper once but that was for his own stupidity (parking on double yellow lines). Even then the copper after a little chat let him off after he let them have a look at his car (very nicely modded Impreza). Turns out the copper was an Impreza enthusiast too. I expect you've just been unlucky and lest's face it in this life what goes around comes around.
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cookstar
"I offered the copper with the orange tan to meet me alone without his badge but he could bring his batton and weapons if he liked and see if he shows me the same attitude but i doubt ill be hearing from him again."

All credit to you for reading that drivel. Sounds like the OP has marked his own card and should now expect to be pulled on a regular basis.
Old 25 May 2008, 11:00 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These pigs driving a nutty speeds pulling stupid maneouvers followd me all the way

Since you implied that they were keeping a constant distance behind you, how exactly were you driving?

A couple of my lads then turned up and began surrounding the car and threatening the coppers

And that's real clever. You sound like the sort of person we see on fly-on-the-wall documentaries giving scoob drivers a bad name.

M
Old 25 May 2008, 11:10 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
All credit to you for reading that drivel. Sounds like the OP has marked his own card and should now expect to be pulled on a regular basis.
Or slated on forums for posting garbage like this.

Is it any wonder Subaru drivers get a bad name?
Old 26 May 2008, 01:35 AM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
I was thinking the same thing. Every man and his dog is going to pull him now .

Sounds like we have got one side of a story, and that hasn't exactly come over very well. Verbally threatening a police man isn't the wisest move I've ever heard of, but just about sums up the youth of today I guess.

*grabs his zimmer frames and wanders off*
Old 26 May 2008, 01:41 AM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

I was driving at normal speed but he was overtaking cars and throwing his car around bends going into the other lane when pulling out into another road whereas i never went over 25mph, used my indicators and stopped at every junction. He was driving like he was in monte carlo fighting for the quickest time. I was in no way driving dangerously or erraticaly whatsoever. If i was driving dangerously im sure he would have done me for reckless driving.

As for my boys who were just playing cricket in the local park, they recognised the car and came over immedietly to see what the problem was and when the officer with the "natural" tan was being rude to them they began to simply treat the cop the same way they were being treated so all was fair.

I saw both officers about an hour later at a takeaway and spoke to the officer that didnt have the attitude problem and he even said, these are his exact words "I bet he wouldnt have dared to speak to you like that if he wasnt in uniform" and thats coming from the officer by his side. Enough said i believe?
Old 26 May 2008, 07:47 AM
Clarkie172
Scooby Regular

^that's better!
Old 26 May 2008, 08:00 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I still dont get how if you were driving at normal speeds, i.e 25mph which is bloody slow for a start. you should be ashamed of yourself
but if you were, how come the cop car was
throwing his car around bends
Old 26 May 2008, 10:37 AM
WRXMATT
Scooby Regular

I offered the copper with the orange tan to meet me alone without his badge but he could bring his batton and weapons if he liked and see if he shows me the same attitude but i doubt ill be hearing from him again.

Very brave and clever thing to say to someone who you know isn't going to take you up on your offer.

How many times do you think coppers get offers like this?????

If they all went round "meeting" people for fights when off duty they would just be lowering themselves down to the same level as the minority of scumbags who need removing from our society.

Rant over ;-)
Old 26 May 2008, 10:40 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed!
Old 26 May 2008, 11:43 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ver.4
"I bet he wouldnt have dared to speak to you like that if he wasnt in uniform" and thats coming from the officer by his side. Enough said i believe?

Yes I'm sure he did
Old 26 May 2008, 11:44 AM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

A lot of my family are coppers and as it happens 2 of them are ex royal marine EOD so you could say were quite able to handle themselves. I expect you would get your **** handed to you in the unlikely event that they took you up on your gracious offer.

I was stopped on friday on the M5 just up from Cullompton(?) services for one of their "random" stop checks etc. Now i know why i was stopped because about 30 miles prior to this i stopped and noticed that my number plate was starting to come away - a previous accident being the cause. I put the plate on the dash and carried on....anyway...

The 1st copper that was lecturing me was a tool with pure god complex, fair enough I've been here before and know to let him have his bit and then explain the real situation. He left and another copper came round to inspect the car who was very polite and let me explain and he accepted this. After his docs check and wanted person check he said to me " You've got a nice car here mate, look after yourself and the car"

You drive a nice car, you are young - christ I'm only 25 - so expect to get pulled over you'll be thankful when it gets nicked and these same "jealous" coppers find it for you.
Old 26 May 2008, 01:58 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

These coppers dont do jack when they go missing, more times than not theyl find it when its in a state....in which case anyone could find it and second of all this copper was acting like he was some sort of super human being and had the powers of god and therefore had no need for any use of manners or courtious behaviour towards myself and i dont know how you have been brought up people but ive been raised not to tolerate that behaviour. Im from a respectable family in the community and if im not being treated with the respect i deserve im going to do something about it. If you wish to take being treated like dirt and like your lower than someone just because ther in a uniform then go ahead, be my guest and lower yourself.

Call me young and naive, but i paid for my car, i paid for the insurance, i paid for the road tax, MOT, fuel and servicing of the vehicle. Im not going to sit here and watch some copper with an attitude problem blaze his mouth off at me because of the fact he thinks the world of driving a 1.6 astra 56 plate cop car which aint even his, and im 19 and driving an import wrx. If his fellow officer was polite to me and had a proper conversation with me then i believe i cant have been doing anything majorly wrong, thats the problem ive got.
Old 26 May 2008, 02:02 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

i dont know how you have been brought up people but ive been raised not to tolerate that behaviour.
I offered the copper with the orange tan to meet me alone without his badge but he could bring his batton and weapons if he liked and see if he shows me the same attitude but i doubt ill be hearing from him again
Old 26 May 2008, 02:02 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

How the hell did you get insured at 19 on a wrx i thought it was 25 minimum on imports now.No way were you doing 25mph if the police had to drive like they were on a motorway (as you put it) unless they were in anouther county

Sorry but this story smells of bull**** you dont live in Bradford do you
Old 26 May 2008, 02:14 PM
Shot8un
Scooby Regular

Hmmm is it possible that you are known to these officers?

Also no disrespect intended but owning a Subaru at 19 you must have a very “well paid” job

I'm not gonna say it, but we're thinking it

Just a thought
Old 26 May 2008, 02:32 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar

The best thing you can do is just nod like the dog in the TV ads, at the end of the day they are going to win any argument because they have the badge and authority and we do not.

Im not a big admirer of the police and have had a few run in's with them, some are good lads, and some are not, I wouldn't want to do the job they have to do though, but at times, it seems they have more time on their hands than they should have.

As for illegal plates, im sure that if the car is imported then the plate has the holes in a different place/dimension to the uk ones, which means its fine to have the plate on the car...or correct me if im wrong, as for tyre tread, yes, they should obviously have some implement to measure it with, they haven't a leg to stand on if not, esp if making some form of charge against you anyway, if its just a lecture, let it go in one ear, and out the other. Best way, just pretend to be humble and accept your not going to win.

And I can't see the coppers car body rolling around a corner to catch you if you were driving 30mph mate, I mean c'mon y'know.....

Im 29 and have been around long enough, I used to be like you at 19...anti establishment but I did something called "growing up" you will too bud, im not being derogatory at all, just being realistic, at 19 if id had a scoob back then all I wanted to do was rag the ar$e off a car, now its different, I need my license for my job, Ive invested a lot of time and money into my car too, so I look after it, by not driving it like I nicked it, well not all the time anyhow, but thats beside the point.

Ypu've still got that mentality of a young un' - like you are, don't let the cozzers get to you, if you did everythign you said you did, then they had fvck all on you, and its you that made yourself look a ****.

Last edited by JimmyBFC; 26 May 2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 26 May 2008, 02:35 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

I treat people with respect and generally I'll get it back, however, as much as this guy was a tool, and you get them in any job, offering them out and having your mates antagonise them isn't going to help later on when no doubt you get pulled again and again.

I didn't call you naive I said as a young driver of a decent motor getting pulled is part and parcel of owning the car. It happens, you didn't get a ticket etc so its not that much of a drama really.

Like I said I have family that are coppers and they too are aware of some of their colleagues that are proper tubes.
Old 26 May 2008, 02:50 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by Shot8un
Hmmm is it possible that you are known to these officers?

Also no disrespect intended but owning a Subaru at 19 you must have a very “well paid” job

I'm not gonna say it, but we're thinking it

Just a thought
Ill have a quarter of your finest green and a gram of ching please!

Last edited by GC8WRX; 26 May 2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling of an 11 year old!
Old 26 May 2008, 02:56 PM
urdad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moff1888
A lot of my family are coppers and as it happens 2 of them are ex royal marine EOD so you could say were quite able to handle themselves.
My brother is also of the service variety,was in the salvation army,lead tambourine rose through the ranks and now has a double indentity I can't remember his psuedomyn(?F I I K) but he's on tablets.

As my son learnt you CANT win (Rodney King) after a stop and an altercation by the road side the ****stuble said he was riding his scooter like a ******,guess the teenage reply F.O,Tossa,etc...,funny when they went to court the copper hadn't sworn..
After that he was getting stopped every day,I won't defend his driving as I weren't there but by all accounts he was driving normally.
He was physicaly threatened (as some of the TV cops are ex-SPG) and generally hounded,armed police the lot...he is no angel but...
Also seen the good side,a copper pulled him for tagging an ambulance although he didn't speed it was deemed unsafe,he rang me and the copper actually spoke to me advised me to advise him and also told me there was a marker on his car,which explains a lot..
That was years ago,but funnily enough the other day he saw the copper who pulled him on his scooter...

Last edited by urdad; 26 May 2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spellin akin to GC8WRX
Old 26 May 2008, 03:20 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moff1888
A lot of my family are coppers and as it happens 2 of them are ex royal marine EOD so you could say were quite able to handle themselves. I expect you would get your **** handed to you in the unlikely event that they took you up on your gracious offer.
Thats true...but after going through life as a Royal Marine they will not be power crazed tossers obsessed with belittleing the people they pull over.

I know these officers arent in the majority, but they do exist...and I hate them.

Alan
Old 26 May 2008, 03:22 PM
ReggieMY99
Scooby Regular

Met my fair share

also met nice coppers that admired my car

50/50 i guess
Old 26 May 2008, 03:24 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

That's my point my uncles don't have an attitude problem but should the occasion arise you can never be sure who you are arguing with.

You get winkers in all walks of life but unfortunatley a copper with this attitude is in a better/worse position and all fairness its tough s**t.
Old 26 May 2008, 04:04 PM
Get A Grip
Scooby Regular

The OP reminds me of myself when I was young and stupid...

Quick Reply: Are all coppers lame and jealous?