Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

what did you think of scooby shoot?

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2008, 02:10 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what did you think of scooby shoot?

some people were saying the event is dieing out.wats ur opinions?
Old 26 May 2008, 02:14 PM
dougwrx
Scooby Regular

I think this was the best one yet. The weather was good and it was organised well. I do think though, that with the amount of people on this site we should be getting more than 60 runners.

Dougie
Old 26 May 2008, 02:15 PM
black newage
Scooby Regular

dont know about dying out, but thought there might be more ta cars there
Old 26 May 2008, 02:48 PM
chunkb
Scooby Regular

[quote=black newage;7897538]dont know about dying out, but thought there might be more ta cars there

With the next time attack only a week away I think tuners were saving their cars.
Old 26 May 2008, 02:49 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

with only 60 runners i mean surely everyone expected much more than that. i think the organisers dun an okish job but 70 pounds entry fee was ridiculas obviously add your petrol, lunch etc i came from london with another mate that 213 miles in a scooby there and back.
the were very strict on the noise level wich was fair enuf but my car failed the niose test by 0.7DB and they wouldnt let me run. l8a in the afternoo they relised there warent enuff competitors so the located me dun another noise test and my car passed at 100db.
i tink there was way too much hype about the evnt it didnt live up to a my expectation, the people were very friendly but the event was heavely over priced and over hyped.i dont think il be going to another one
Old 26 May 2008, 02:53 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

also some of the terminals speeds didnt make sense they were very low.may be due the heavy winds.
Old 26 May 2008, 02:53 PM
black newage
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=chunkb;7897600]
Originally Posted by black newage
dont know about dying out, but thought there might be more ta cars there

With the next time attack only a week away I think tuners were saving their cars.
extra well done to rcm then,
Old 26 May 2008, 02:55 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

The noise reg testing was a bit pointless, as everyone that failed was later put through in the afternoon when they realised the amount of runners there actually was running...

The pricing structure should be looked at I feel. The RWYB competitors were asked to pay £80 if they wanted to run on the day without taking part of the actual SSO Competition, which is overpriced in comparison to other RWYB days in the pod or other places. If the price was lower and similar to other competitions like Rotorstock, or the HKS drag show, I'm sure there would have been a lot more running.
Old 26 May 2008, 02:56 PM
black newage
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mus 1st class sti type r
also some of the terminals speeds didnt make sense they were very low.may be due the heavy winds.
thought the wind would help, it was a tail wind not a head wind
Old 26 May 2008, 02:58 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

i understand the tuners were saving there cars?but what about the normal scooby net members?>?????? im sure there is more than 60 Snet members.and the event wasnt just for tuners there was so many diffrent classes.
Old 26 May 2008, 03:00 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Today, 14:56
black newage
Scooby Regular

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

thought the wind would help, it was a tail wind not a head wind

So why was the terminals so low? can any one explain?
Old 26 May 2008, 03:01 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What surprises me is that there was no one in the 14.3s class, meaning not many if any standard cars there.
Old 26 May 2008, 03:03 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

and they say the event caters for all scoobies??????
Old 26 May 2008, 03:08 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

The equipment was playing up a little on the terminals I reckon, as there was some surprisingly low terminals...
Old 26 May 2008, 03:17 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

well thats not good u pay all that money and there equipment doesnt work.
Old 26 May 2008, 03:43 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mickywrx
What surprises me is that there was no one in the 14.3s class, meaning not many if any standard cars there.

My car was as FHI intended enginewise

Low gearing helps though

I really enjoyed the day. Wind didn't help on the handling circuit though and that kept people moving through not quite as quickly as it should have. For me one of the problems was heat in the brakes for the first sharp corner and it was hard to get 2 runs back to back due to the (sometimes prolonged) waits between them, thus letting them cool. Not the organisers fault tho.
Old 26 May 2008, 03:56 PM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

no where near enough going on. Where were all the trade stands .... I actually wanted to spend money but apart from scoobyparts they were a waste of time.

Also why didn't they have all of the scoobs in the car park together maybe by model, they do this at the events on the continent instead you're all mixed together and it's enough of a distance to not make it worthwhile going back to check them out once youve been to the main area.

Also I'm sure that for say £10 a time you'd have had more rwyb'ers me included, I didn't even see any information about signing up but a dam well wouldn't have paid £80.

I was very dissapointed and certainly will give next years a miss.

(did meet a nice bunch of people though so that was the winner from the day for me!!!!)

Last edited by PantsUK; 26 May 2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 26 May 2008, 03:58 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

£70 in advance is very cheap for a days racing on 2 different events. basic untimed trackdays at elvington are £119 and up these days.

the noise testing was affected by the wind in the morning we believe, thats why some of the re-tested cars got thro when tested later on out of the wind behind the signing on cabin. nothing to do with competitor numbers, the site manager would have happily prevented those cars from running if still over the noise limits when checked again. the site is in the middle of an ongoing court case for noise and the 103db noise level for the vast majority of the cars has to be strictly enforced, as it was.
Old 26 May 2008, 04:10 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

PantsUK
(did meet a nice bunch of people though so that was the winner from the day for me!!!!)

i agree that was the only positive out of it.but most of the people that i spoke to yesterday were saying how disapointed they were with the turnoout.
Old 26 May 2008, 04:22 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PantsUK
no where near enough going on. Where were all the trade stands .... I actually wanted to spend money but apart from scoobyparts they were a waste of time.

Also why didn't they have all of the scoobs in the car park together maybe by model, they do this at the events on the continent instead you're all mixed together and it's enough of a distance to not make it worthwhile going back to check them out once youve been to the main area.

Also I'm sure that for say £10 a time you'd have had more rwyb'ers me included, I didn't even see any information about signing up but a dam well wouldn't have paid £80.

I was very dissapointed and certainly will give next years a miss.

its not really practical to park public cars by make/model surely, and the car clubs were grouped together in club areas, as they had asked for?
not quite sure if you are referring to the main public parking or the designated club areas?
Old 26 May 2008, 04:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i attended with a club and later noticed that a few other clubs didnt attend like

rb5 oc
p1 oc
wr1 oc
dutch guys

etc etc.

fwiw i thought that £15 entrance for what was going on was a bit high. didnt really get that much for the money. may/may not go again next year, but i did enjoy myself until the wicked sunburn attacked everyone.
Old 26 May 2008, 04:31 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Well i enjoyed it,had a cracking night in York on the Sat with a few TTS lads,canny hotol,then to top the weekend off,whats more fun,than looking and seeing all the Scoobs,racing/non racing.

I for one will deffo be at next years event,this was my first SSO So i can't compare to previous years,apart from the weather,which i heard so much about last years...
Old 26 May 2008, 04:36 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

do you not think that fuel prices put a lot of people traveling to it , only say that because thats all you heard on on the news on the run up to bank holiday weekend plus the weather forcast was not that good for most of the country so may have also put people off. I thought it was a good day i do think it would have been better with some more trade stands though something to have a good look round
Old 26 May 2008, 04:38 PM
black newage
Scooby Regular

wa a bit quiet regarding trade stands, 15 quid entrance fee was ok by me though was surprised security didnt check boot for extra people like they did last year
Old 26 May 2008, 04:39 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

i thought it had been quite poorly advertised compared to previous years, maybe that had something to do with it?
Old 26 May 2008, 04:55 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Location: "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...Now that's what gets you."

i think it was a really good day this year.a couple of years ago there was a few to many cars to keep a eye on whats really going on so its was prob better to only have a few.

i think 3-4 cars had problems in the morning that ment they could not run later on in the day. if just them few cars could of keep runnnig then it would of made a big differance to how the finals sized up.

just like to say a big thanks to chris.T.O.T.B for making the day happen.
Old 26 May 2008, 04:58 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Location: "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...Now that's what gets you."

some people were saying the event is dieing out.wats ur opinions?

well if thats the case them we as the "subaru community" should all do something about it so the event can run year after year.

Last edited by mark28; 26 May 2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 26 May 2008, 05:03 PM
beal
Scooby Regular

I thought the track stuff was great,but as for trade stands..very dissapointing to say the least.If you go to Santa Pod there's loads of stuff going on on the sidelines trade stands galore!!just a shame its so far away..
Old 26 May 2008, 05:03 PM
Andy_Cat
Scooby Regular

Was my second one, went to last years and found the weather a bonus as when i left nr Norwich it was pi$$ing down, but as i reached Newark it was dry
Had money to spend this year as i'm in the middle of a few mods and spoke with Area52 and Apex about various bits, but on the whole the trade stands weren't as varied as last years.
One was charging more at the event than they do online
Didnt know they offered out runs to the showgoers though, but £80!!
Straightliners dont charge that much at events i've attended they've timed would have paid £30ish but hey on the whole a good event, better set-up for the spectators this time
Roll on next year, when i'll enter (fingers crossed)
Old 26 May 2008, 05:17 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

i drove up with azz for my first shootout enjoyed the couple of hours i was there unfortunatley i had to take my children and it was more windy as john prescotts backside and coudnt have a proper look at the cars and trade stand

all in all nice meeting azz (nervous though like a date )and seeing alot of cars that i love

Quick Reply: what did you think of scooby shoot?