ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Prodrive springs WRX MY05 - Update

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2008, 03:05 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive springs WRX MY05 - Update

I was supplied a set of Prodrive springs for a WRX MY05 by my main dealer. They order all parts using the chassis number of the car.

The springs were fitted by a competent mechanic. Immediately, they were knocking loudly over any kind of road bump, and the fronts did not feel right, they felt far too hard. They were pretty straightforward to fit.

My Subaru main dealer took up the matter of knocking noises for me, and said to me by phone: 'The springs you have MAY be the wrong ones. Apparently on the very early 05 cars, there is a DIFFERENT type of Prodrive spring. We have spoken to Subaru Technical and to Prodrive, and they are sending us another set of springs which will arrive on Wednesday morning'....(that's tomorrow).

I then requested that the main dealer fit the springs and Subaru UK foot the bill....Why should I pay twice for fitting a part that was incorrectly supplied by Subaru UK which I have bought in good faith, obviously expecting to be supplied the correct part? Remember, the dealer ordered the springs using my chassis number, so the dealer is not at fault. Dealer told me that Subaru UK would not foot the bill, that I had to. But if I originally had the springs fitted at the dealer, then Subaru would pay the bill!

Where do I stand legally?

If anyone knows I would be grateful, I will be doing my own research and making my own enquiries within the next couple of days.

Thanks

Greg
Old 27 May 2008, 04:13 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trading standards in the worst case.
Or have a chat with the Dealer Principal, as regardless of the chassis number, the dealer should really know about this type of thing (IMHO)

Dan