Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

when trying to look after your car could be dangerous ?

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2008, 03:19 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when trying to look after your car could be dangerous ?

I bet 85% of you try to keep the ignorant other shoppers from whacking your car in car parks with trolleys and car doors etc by parking as far away as you can and sometimes taking up a couple of spaces where space permits and I've had some nasty remarks thrown my way too, (I just say dilligaf to that and smile, they look very puzzled) but in the Asda car park in Basingstoke a couple weeks ago a woman who had parked the other side of the car park had a bloke come up to her whilst she was putting her shopping in her car and he made her get in and drive off with him in the car, not sure of the outcome as not too much has been said to date but how terrified must she have been..? How bad is that, not good is it ? You try so hard to protect you car at all costs and now people are being watched and preyed upon as targets for parking a bit out of the way, makes you think !
Old 17 July 2008, 03:21 PM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

disabled bays right out the front of the shop always work a treat lol
Old 17 July 2008, 03:25 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean but I couldn't park in the dibbley bit.. It makes you want to invest in a childs car seat and just put it in the back of your car so you can park in family section for mums with kiddies
Old 17 July 2008, 04:16 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by naughtyhunnybunny
I know what you mean but I couldn't park in the dibbley bit.. It makes you want to invest in a childs car seat and just put it in the back of your car so you can park in family section for mums with kiddies
Good idea and a novel way to save yourself having to walk an extra 50 yds. Here's another tip. Why not save the money from your needless purchase and just take your mum or dad, then you can be the child.
Old 17 July 2008, 04:23 PM
BURTON
Scooby Regular

I no your proberly joking about the parent and child parking but they are there to try and protect children at a stress full time .
Old 17 July 2008, 04:23 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Nowt wrong with parking in the parent child spaces

Just because some chavs have decided to procreate (usually many times) they shouldn't get any extra privileges at the supermarket for doing so. They get enough out of us as it is what with extra benefits, tax allowances, and bigger council houses .

Only risk with using the parent child bays is that you will end up parked next to a people carrier full of snotty kids who will put their grotty little hands all over your car as the parents have no control over them but at least the bays are wide enough that they can't ding your car with the doors.

Edited to add that I do draw the line at disabled bays though many don't seem to unless obesity counts
Old 17 July 2008, 04:31 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Dilligaf LOL, haven't heard that one in a while.
Tend to take my wifes N reg Polo if we are going shopping, or will have to park in any large car parks (it's got plenty of small dents in already). It's not worth the risk taking the Scoob, as people are just idiots and have no respect for other peoples possesions.
Old 17 July 2008, 04:51 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

AlanG, I like you idea about being the child although going out with my mum would be more stressfull than walking all the way to Morrisons and thats about 3 miles away.. My scooby is my everyday car so don't have the option to use another unless I take our 7.5 tonne recovery truck and take up 4 spaces

I bet they wouldn't be so keen to bash that with the trolleys and funnily enough that has DILLIGAF right accross the sun visor strip in big capitals
Old 17 July 2008, 05:22 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

AlanG, I like you idea about being the child although going out with my mum would be more stressfull than walking all the way to Morrisons and thats about 3 miles away.. My scooby is my everyday car so don't have the option to use another unless I take our 7.5 tonne recovery truck and take up 4 spaces

I bet they wouldn't be so keen to bash that with the trolleys and funnily enough that has DILLIGAF right accross the sun visor strip in big capitals
I think you should take the truck, just to see the looks on other peoples faces. Too right they wouldn't want to bash you, you could tow them into the nearest canal
Old 17 July 2008, 05:46 PM
beal
Scooby Regular

I know that morrisons only have camera's installed on the building,so parking far away from it is dodgy...
Old 17 July 2008, 06:25 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Yeah I know it's worrying isn't it, a weirdo and vandals hayday then.. I found myself today cheesing people off as I parked over two spaces and no where near as far away as normal, the looks I got, yet it was me that felt really guilty.. I was wondering what they were thinking, probably thought I was a dozy woman who couldn't get her car into one space.. But I can honestly say that I hadn't even thought of being abducted/attacked or worse in a car park because of parking away from everyone else just to safeguard my pride and joy.
Old 17 July 2008, 06:50 PM
SCOOBYJOHN12
Scooby Regular

Default dings

like this one some of the time is true about the care less people out there there nothing worst when some one hits your door with there door or any panel on the car people dont care a bout what thay do thease days i am lucky in a way as i hold a disable bage but you still think the car safe in them i can tell you there not dosent matter where you go some one will hit your door i even had my door ding at a show hows that so my thought are if you have a nother car to go shopping leve the scoob at home or take the bus its the only way my thought
Old 18 July 2008, 08:30 AM
Alan-G
Scooby Regular

Different Alan-G here BTW, but look here for some novel ways to pi$$ off bad parking.

joke parking tickets for instant revenge on badly parked cars
Old 18 July 2008, 08:39 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I can imagine the distress caused by someone taking 2 parking spaces up at the Asda in Basingstoke - it is a nightmare to find a single place to park in any case, I could well see tempers being lost if 2 spaces were taken by a single car.

For this very reason I don't do my shopping there - I go to where you can park in plenty of space .... like Tesco at Chineham, for example.
Old 18 July 2008, 09:10 AM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Yeah your right, Asda is Basinstoke is a nightmare for parking, I only go over there myself once in a blue moon, but i used to park right over the other side in the corner up against the wall, I won't be doing that again.. I generally go to morrisons as they do a lovely omelette breakfast and black pudding, there is always plenty of spaces there... I came back a while to go to find a note under my wiper, they had actually taken the time to write and tell me my parking was crap, bless.. If I'd parked by the door I understand that point but that's not the case with me..

Last edited by naughtyhunnybunny; 18 July 2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 18 July 2008, 09:32 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

I saw a grannie (bless her heart) KICKING her door open... and when it bounced back off the car next door KICKED it open again....

I don't take up 2 parking spots..but I always park 2 or 3 rows further away than the rest of the punters..
Old 18 July 2008, 02:31 PM
Midnight Runner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan-G
Different Alan-G here BTW, but look here for some novel ways to pi$$ off bad parking.

joke parking tickets for instant revenge on badly parked cars
lol very funny until the poor sod touching my car gets all they're fingers broke

Seriously I do take up two when there are millions of spaces but if not its tough I suppose. I do always have a long walk to where I park at our ASDA and Tesco's - the Mrs oves that! As an aside my dad once parked at the oposite end of the car park only to come back and find a tolley had blown over and wedged itself into his door, doh!!!!
Old 18 July 2008, 02:32 PM
Midnight Runner
Scooby Regular

"sorry officer I didn't realise it was a real traffic warden"