Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Gutted hit and run on my scooby in car park!

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2008, 10:25 PM
projectsubaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gutted hit and run on my scooby in car park!

Just came out of a pub carpark to find my car moved 1/2 out of the space i parked it was in. Noticing the front end damage straight away cant believe someone could do soo much damage and walk away. I have a feeling it was either a van or a big lorry. Pushed and smashed the lights back damaged the bonnet and the bumper is hanging of with some bad scuffing/damage to it.
Any one want to hazard a guess at the repair costs for the above mentioned parts. No CCTV either and no one seen it so all coming out of my pocket by the looks of things!!!

Nice finish to the bank holiday weekend not!

Last edited by projectsubaru; 25 August 2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 25 August 2008, 10:34 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

thats the world we live in, England is a toilet

gutted for ya
Old 25 August 2008, 11:45 PM
kylejennings05
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear mate, some people are tw@ts
Old 26 August 2008, 12:06 AM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you hope you get it sorted out soon.
Just another reason why I am glad I jumped ship
Old 26 August 2008, 12:09 AM
projectsubaru
Scooby Regular

Just checked under the bonnet it was hard enough of an impact to bend the slam panel at the front slightly. Seeing as it did move the car like it was a rag doll i had the handbrake on and in gear and it moved over a metre. Going to try find all 2nd hand bits even missing the headlamp sprayer off the one side ripped straight off and grille is going to be needed. Something was going way too fast in the car park me thinks . 1/2 tempted to facelift it at the same time considering i will need most the parts involved ?

Phil
Old 26 August 2008, 12:55 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what a country we live in, had so many incidents with my clio and now my scoob where i've come back to see it's either dented or scratched... obviously not as bad as in your case but still, people just don't care and think they can get away with it.
hopefully you can get the parts you need cheap mate
wiley
Old 26 August 2008, 01:03 AM
SqeekyMclean
Scooby Regular

Driver could have been intoxicated....
Old 26 August 2008, 09:31 AM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

makes me sick! i hate parking up!
i always park the furthest from the shop when i go to a supermarket and park where no one is around me!!
missus hates it but then i say you will also hat the bill from dent master nad the body shop too!!
Old 26 August 2008, 02:09 PM
bmfcrash
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SqeekyMclean
Driver could have been intoxicated....

Thats ok then.

Sorry to see these sort of stories, hope you get it sorted for as little as possible.
Old 26 August 2008, 03:51 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

all these stationary scoobs coming to mysterious grief, a sorry state of affairs, take it you arn't going through insurance?
Old 26 August 2008, 03:54 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

makes me wonder, does anyone have any experience with those on board cameras people have started to use in america? records whats going on on a daily basis for exactly this situation, shame it has to come to that tho
Old 26 August 2008, 04:15 PM
T1000
Scooby Regular

I had the same thing happen to me the other day. I was surprised to see no one left a note on my car owning up to it...?

I am considering investing in a sensitive alarm system such as the one in Phoenix nights:

YouTube - Phoenix Nights "Get back u ******* I'll break ur legs"
Old 26 August 2008, 05:17 PM
projectsubaru
Scooby Regular

Dont want to go through insurance as my excess is very high being only 21 and want to try and stay claim free. Had a look around seems theres an abundance of 2nd hand parts for early classics. Got lights off ebay for £20 each. Theres also a bonnet that would be perfect but its miles away and its silver going to just have to wait untill one comes closer. I figure that sourcing the parts in the correctish colours will be better that having to pay for for spraying etc locally. Another thing is are bumper carriers hard too fit?. It was also definately a lorry as it hasnt touched my front mount intercooler which is lucky or i would have been folking out even more.

Thanks
Phil
Old 26 August 2008, 05:28 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

If it makes you feel better, something like this (Not as bad as yours) happened to me a few years back when I owned a classic Turbo 2000. Parked up at work, came out 45 minutes later to find a nice big dent on the back offside panel. Had CCTV at work but it was one on a loop feed between 6 cameras and all I could see was a white van come into the car park but not what happened later. No witnesses either. This is why I ended up buying a scoob, leaving it in the garage for weekends and have run-a-bout for work, shopping etc.. Unfortunately it's the world we live in. Hope you get it sorted
Old 26 August 2008, 05:48 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

had a similar when a drunk decided to pick a fight with my rear quarter panel,wasnt cheap to fix,and bumper carriers for the front are just bolted in,they slot through holders in the chassisand are bolted in place,they rot quite easily,mine were repleced 2 years ago
Old 26 August 2008, 05:50 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

I sometimes note the number plate (on my mobile) of a dodgy looking car parked next to me (if that's the only space I can find).
Obviously no good if someone comes and goes whilst you are already parked there. :

I agree with SqueekyMcClean he was probably pissed!

Hope it doesn't cost too much. Shame you have to pay out for someting not your fault!

Nick
Old 26 August 2008, 06:01 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

gutted for you mate someone did this to mine couple of weeks back , not to the extent of yours mine was a little scuff....but still its the principal
Old 27 August 2008, 10:43 AM
BlooSooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
thats the world we live in, England is a toilet

I couldn't agree with you more. Me and the family used to live in a really nice residential area of Plymouth but every now and then we'd get a plague of scum-sucking-acne-ridden idiots running through the streets with the sole intention of damaging people's cars. The plod caught 3 of them but nothing ever came of it, even though there were plenty of witnesses.....

One night I had just got in from backshift after midnight when I heard a noise outside, I looked out to see 2 idiots kicking wing mirrors off cars and emptying the recycling boxes that had been left out for collection. I totally lost it, went out and raced up the street to them. I grabbed the one i'd seen kicking the car and started to drag him back down the street......

Cut a long story sideways, I ended up with a broken hand and scars on my boat-race. Once again there were plenty of witnesses and the 2 idiots admitted criminal damage. Outcome? They were 'told off' by the local inspector.

Justice? Don't make me laugh, the whole country is going to hell in a hand-cart....that's why we now live in Oz.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car mate but, TBH, it doesn't surprise me.