ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Dustcaps

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2008, 01:42 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dustcaps

What is the fascination with these from theaving little scroates?

I noticed this morning that the brake dust around my valve caps was fingered about and that 1 of my Prodrive valve caps was missing. They had tried all 4 but got nothing else but dirty hands by the looks of it.... however 1 of them had a threaded gromit and wouldnt tighten and they have taken it.

Shame the best i could do if i did see them would be watch instead of giving them a good clip round the ear like i would have got when i was younger! (and that was only 10yrs ago!)

The more we relax the way our youths are brought up, the more petty crimes and useless bums we will bring into the world.
Old 01 September 2008, 01:54 PM
H12MRO
Scooby Regular

Had the same thing about a month ago.
2 of the 4 Prodrive caps were missing. I also noticed a few finger marks on my wheels which made me look
I say they should loose a finger for every cap missing
Old 01 September 2008, 04:17 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Just after getting my car I bough some of the chrome locking ones from Ebay for about £2

Woman across the road saw two middle aged men acting suspiciously around the car, and thought they were slashing the tyres. When I went out there they had stolen the valve caps !

Worst part was that they must have use pliers to get them off, and in doing so had ripped out one of the valves, and left a big gouge out of the paint round the valve on one of the other wheels.

Since fitting the bog standard black plastic ones nobody has touched them.
Old 01 September 2008, 04:21 PM
REDZIPPY
Scooby Regular

****in ***** man...

Same thing happened to mine & me missus cars - my old bugeye wrx & she had a beetle. (Both long gone now), but i caught the *******s doing it ... i came around the corner after a night out for me birthday to find some little **** stood at the end of me driveway.. obvious first instinct was to shout at him and he fooked off - but the other little **** was stuck between the 2 cars and i grabbed him by the throat - god knows how old he was - probably about 13 or 14 - but my missus 'REALLY' had to stop me from killing him !
I know theyre only dustcaps but so wot... theyre mine - i paid for them.

Went to the bizzys & they done **** all about it !!.. few days later i had a nice dent in the roof and bonnet of my scooby.
Went back to the bizzys & they done **** all about it again - my point being if you catch them kill them - its the only way !!!
Old 01 September 2008, 04:53 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, only just got the car and some little $hit took all 4 dust caps and the limited edition badge.

Since owning the car, Ive had the dust caps, badge, someone try to steal the rear spoiler and the front fog lights kicked in. The police were not interested and never turned up for any of them.
The night the fog lights were kicked in another 2 cars in the same road where done, the neighbours never got a visit from the police either.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 01 September 2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01 September 2008, 07:12 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

I know its only dustcaps... its more the principal and what it says about the individual taking them.

I wonder how many serious criminals started off with 'Petty' crimes? my guess would be over 90% (you will probably have 10% psycho twisted killer types)... but having to now buy some new ones just for 1 really annoys the crap outta me!

Like you said though, do something and catch them and you just end up with a dent in your door or something.. not worth the dustcap.

Anyway, its the first of the month so im off the give my taxes to the govenment so we make the olympics look nice in 2012, pay for the parents of the said kids to look after their thieving ***** work-free, and blow millions on wars with countries that we think are crazy!... dont worry about funding more police, the nhs or educating these little scroates well enough so they have better things to do. Its cool.
Old 01 September 2008, 09:04 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

i painted my plastic dist caps with my sisters blue nail varnish and they even had them.

i once had metals once which i saw boys taken for their bikes, clowns put them on their bike by side of my car, needless to say, with their seat then lifted in the air by me they didnt get far.
Old 01 September 2008, 09:40 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just buy those rotating ones from halfords, bunch of kids next road up kept on half inching them for their bikes, they haven't been smart enough to figure these ones out.

I put cheap black plastic ones on to begin with and they even pinched them talk about pikeys, we live on a nice estate as well, this family is the black sheep of the area though, twice ive nearly ran over the young one, one time running for his football heading for the old mans getz, didn't even look up to see me coming.

Daren't be in the road with the scoob, they hear that coming a mile of and know full well to stay out of the way.
Old 01 September 2008, 09:40 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

I had a the chrome caps stolen from my previous car and then never bothered with them again as I know some little b!"£$rd would nick them!
Just fit normal ones to have piece of mind.