ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Dodgy fader control on 2006 Legacy

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2008, 01:46 PM
andyhaw
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodgy fader control on 2006 Legacy

Has anyone else noticed in their 2006, 2007, and 2008 Legacy's the faders messed up on the head unit, I have the GX-204RE head unit and when the fader is set to the middle of the dial there is no output to the rear speakers, if you fade to the fro speakers nothing happens, if you fade to the rear speakers the front speakers fade out as normal but mysteriously the rear speakers get louder?? in order to get a balanced output you need to set the fader to Rear 3 but then you loose up to 30% of the power output and I frequently find myself maxing the volume to compensate. I spoke to my dealer about this who replaced the head unit only to find the same problem, they then let me sit in an early 2008 Legacy only to find the same problem there too. I contacted Subaru Customer care and the chap I spoke to Adrian said that this is a known "feature" and is "functioning as designed" WHAT! I dont care who you work for but for someone to actually believe that must have had a few too many shandy's the night before. I was also told that this "feature" was brought up in Subaru's yearly technical meeting (why bring it up if it's not a fault?) but the outcome was just to ignore the problem and hopefully no one else will notice.

I'm eager to see if anyone elase has noticed this, if not please try messing with the fader in your Legacy and let me know the outcome, yo may be suprised.

I myself have ordered a very expensive facia replacement from Japan that allows you to fit your own 2 din stereo, it's costing around £156 just for the facia then there's the cost of a new radio totalling around £500.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed by Subaru, not about the fault it'self but the inability to own up and say yest it's a fault.
Old 01 September 2008, 02:19 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a spare Double DIN Kit you could of had for half that. It was ordered by mistake from Japanparts.

I hope you ordered the right one? Hopefully you ordered the silver one, or the black one for the dual zone AC cars (it's the one I have if anyone else is interested).

I fitted the DNX 7200 in my o4 WR Ltd Spec B GT. Awesome bit of kit.
Old 01 September 2008, 03:50 PM
andyhaw
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a shame I only ordered it a couple of days ago and have to wait 15 days for delivery. I ordered the Dual ac version, I am a bit worried I'll end up with the wrong one.

Nice head unit by the way.