ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Quick answer needed please

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2008, 02:45 PM
Meallbhan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick answer needed please

I have read quite a lot of threads regarding Eibach and Tein springs but cannot find the answer I'm looking for. I have to contact Scoobyworld today by 4pm with my choice and I purchased the Eibachs yesterday and just been on the phone to them and thinking of swopping to the Teins.

The Teins lower the car by an extra 5mm all round, give a harsher ride than the Eibachs and are not progressively wound.

Eibachs I have used before on a Mazda MX6 and was happy with them, a Subaru is a different beast though. They give a smoother ride but do not lower quite as much.

Both apparently can be prone to knocking on right hand turns I've been told.

I need to quickly learn your opinions on ride quality, Performance/stiffness and knocking so I can phone Scoobyworld and let them know my choice.

I have a few searches on here but can't find a good answer, so sorry for asking a same question again.

Jonny.
Old 30 September 2008, 06:09 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Probably too late but...............
If you want the car lowered substantially I would not go for the Eibachs as alot say they lower the car around 10-15mm unlike the 25-30mm as advertised.
I have had Teins on 2 Imprezas and the car was lowered around 30-35mm. The ride was fine and not as harsh as on o/e springs.
Old 30 September 2008, 08:08 PM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
Probably too late but...............
If you want the car lowered substantially I would not go for the Eibachs as alot say they lower the car around 10-15mm unlike the 25-30mm as advertised.
I have had Teins on 2 Imprezas and the car was lowered around 30-35mm. The ride was fine and not as harsh as on o/e springs.
I'll second that! Totally agree. I was dubious about fitting coilovers after previous bad experiences, rattling the fillings in my teeth loose. That was until i had a go in a friends car with Teins fitted. They are actually more comfortable than the standard set up, yet in corners they inspire pure confidence so much more than o.e.
The Teins are what i had been looking for for years, needless to say i now have them on my type r.