ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Ar5ehole Impreza drivers

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2008, 12:58 AM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ar5ehole Impreza drivers

Impreza drivers often get bad-mouthed (bit like BMW drivers) and I always do my best to defend the Impreza and its drivers when I hear them being slagged off (chav car etc etc). However you really do have to wonder at the way some people drive them.
I was out this afternoon (sitting in passenger seat of a mates car), on the A47 near Hinckley, Leicestershire. Some complete ar5ehole in a Hawkeye blasts into roadworks (30mph limit) doing at least 60mph, then overtakes in area with cones etc nearly hitting three small kids trying to cross the road.
If you are the muppet who was driving this Hawkeye (reg. no. R22 ...) at around 2pm today (Sunday 12th Oct) then I hope the boys in blue catch up with you before you kill someone, rather than after..
Old 13 October 2008, 02:06 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

what a wan....................!
Old 13 October 2008, 09:19 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

He was most probably in his daddy's car and showing off to his under age pick me girl friend...
Old 13 October 2008, 09:39 AM
a_fisher
Scooby Regular

A friend of mine was woken the other night by an impreza picking up a couple of lads with a length of hose and a couple of fuel cans...

First thing I was asked when I saw my friends next was 'were you out siphoning fuel the other night lol'
I know they were joking but it's difficult to defend a car with such a bad rep
Old 13 October 2008, 10:08 AM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

I guess a lot of cars also get driven like that when they're stolen as well.
Old 13 October 2008, 12:51 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

My input is, recently got a wack on the elbow from a BMW door mirror....

Only I was on my MTB, and he was coming towards me, on my side of the road !

no LOL

DunxC
Old 13 October 2008, 01:00 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

I know the roadworks well (the Earl Shilton bypass) and i also know of the driver who is by all accounts a bit of a w*anker.
Old 13 October 2008, 01:05 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had an issue with a Scoob driver until this morning, I was on my push bike and was getting ready to make a turn right off and A road onto a roundabout so I had moved to the centre when a black (Hawkeye I think) came off the roundabout the other way and blasted past some traffic, squeezing between me and the cars, I almost shat myself and had to move over, it was a perfectly reasonable overtake (if a little noisy and aggressive)
had the petrified bloke on the bike not been there !
Old 13 October 2008, 01:06 PM
85rob
Scooby Regular

to be fair, theres quite a few people out there that have got it in for imprezas, ive proberly had more jerks pulling out on me driving slow or tailgating me in the couple months ive had my99 than in the 4/5 years that ive been driving. whereas i dont think ive seen any impreza's being driven aracticly*
Old 13 October 2008, 02:37 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1mark
I know the roadworks well (the Earl Shilton bypass) and i also know of the driver who is by all accounts a bit of a w*anker.
Yes, that's the place. Its idiots like him that give Imprezas a bad name and push up the insurance premiums for everyone else (because you can't keep driving like that and not have a smash sooner or later).
Old 13 October 2008, 03:43 PM
fastfu
Scooby Regular

i think its all down to the fact that imprezas stand out and thats what makes them a target, i see more ordinary cars being thrashed around more than i do imprezas and there are quite a few impreza around my area.

only yesterday i was on my way back from doing the school run and some 40+ bint shot past me doing twice the speed limit and slammed her brakes on that hard for a roundabout that she nearly lost control and then narrowly missed the armco to the other side :S and then occasionally people like that buy imprezas and thats whos gets us the bad name

also ive owned bm's in the past and their owners are nothing like impreza owners, i quite regularly get waves etc for impreza owners in my area but a bm owner would never lower themself to such a thing as they alway have something to prove

Last edited by fastfu; 13 October 2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 13 October 2008, 03:58 PM
reeperb5
Scooby Regular

unfortunatly anyone can buy scoobs, and enough kno8heads have got them and drive like they have to prove a point!
Old 13 October 2008, 03:59 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fastfu
only yesterday i was on my way back from doing the school run and some 40+

Sunday school ? lol
Old 13 October 2008, 03:59 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 85rob
to be fair, theres quite a few people out there that have got it in for imprezas, ive proberly had more jerks pulling out on me driving slow or tailgating me in the couple months ive had my99 than in the 4/5 years that ive been driving. whereas i dont think ive seen any impreza's being driven aracticly*
Ditto, got the same problem. never had a problem when I was driving my other cars. Only when im in the impreza, I seem to meet every subaru hater on the road. I have more problems with van drivers and little chav *****, why is when you try to make a safe overtake they see it funny to move their vehicle in the middle of the road to block you from overtaking them. Then when you finally overtake them, you get the finger or hand signs. Ive lost count of this and many more things.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 13 October 2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 13 October 2008, 04:00 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

I nearly got taken out by some **** in a Mini yesterday ... overtaking his mate at speed into a blind corner. I practically had to put my car into the bushes to JUST avoid him.
Old 13 October 2008, 04:05 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

must admit I get the tailgating etc. but I'm old enough now never to re-act.

in fact I find slowing down much more fun. Or the occasional heavy right foot on the gas when we get onto the hills, twistys- country roads- that sees them off.
Old 13 October 2008, 04:16 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, Impreza drivers are subjected to a certain prejudice because of people driving how the op has described.
It's weird, I can be in my mates car and he can drive like a bit of a pillock some times but not in a life threatening way (I sit there giving him an ear bashing, don't worry, I've told him his luck will run out, many a time) peeps seem to not do or say much when he comes past.
When I go out and drive as per the normal road user, I get looks like I've just raped someones gran or eaten a bag of kittens, purely because it's a 'lairy' Impreza (it's standard actually but that's how peeps see us regardless)

I just laugh at it now to a certain degree, that's why I got my 666 reg, I figured I may as well fully conform to the expectations as devil of the road
Old 13 October 2008, 05:59 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

I get allsorts of dirty looks in my new bugeye, being bright white being no excuse but just how loud it is, I get some right nasty looks from mums on the school run when im driving past the school doing only 15-20mph sometimes slower, still get the looks. especially from male oap's, they stop in their tracks and look at me like im some criminal! Maybe they just haven't seen a young mixed race bloke driving a 52reg car in bright white paint i suppose!
Old 13 October 2008, 08:17 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash002004
I get allsorts of dirty looks in my new bugeye, being bright white being no excuse but just how loud it is, I get some right nasty looks from mums on the school run when im driving past the school doing only 15-20mph sometimes slower, still get the looks. especially from male oap's, they stop in their tracks and look at me like im some criminal! Maybe they just haven't seen a young mixed race bloke driving a 52reg car in bright white paint i suppose!
Thats statement is SO true apart from being maggot white the looks from them type of people is unreal!!!. I had all the same with my RS Cosworth's driving to the school and just locally. My scooby is to quiet at the mo until x mas day lol
Old 13 October 2008, 08:34 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

I had the joy of witnessing an otherwise nice Evo 6 trying his drifting around a blind roundabout on Saturday - it was 5pm and outside a hospital.

What a c*ck...
Old 13 October 2008, 08:40 PM
s1lko
Scooby Regular

I had a BMW before my MY98 Wagon. Even other BMW drivers don't like you. At least Scoob drivers often give a wave.

Thought one old bloke was going to have a heart attack last night, as he frantically waved his hand up and down to tell me to slow down like the world was about to end. My offence? Doing 32 in a 30. If he wasn't driving in the middle of the road (seriously), he might not have filled his colostomy bag so quickly...
Old 16 October 2008, 06:53 PM
Zeon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [-(o)-]
I had the joy of witnessing an otherwise nice Evo 6 trying his drifting around a blind roundabout on Saturday - it was 5pm and outside a hospital.

What a c*ck...
At least he hasn't got far to go to A&E...
Old 16 October 2008, 07:57 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash002004

I think most blokes cruising by schools like this would get funny looks from mums..
Old 16 October 2008, 11:12 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austinwrx
must admit I get the tailgating etc. but I'm old enough now never to re-act.

in fact I find slowing down much more fun. Or the occasional heavy right foot on the gas when we get onto the hills, twistys- country roads- that sees them off.
Thats exactly what I do....

I sit there thinking "Don't drive up my backside mate because its gonna make you, me and everyone behind you a little later in their journey."

They soon back off when you slow down.
Best is that I do everything I can to not use the brakes, I slow down using the gears...that really messes them up.
Old 17 October 2008, 01:50 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I actually find that regardless of what I do the car provokes a strong reaction. Usually it's panic or stubbornness on the motorway. But recently I zoomed up a straight on a back road and easing off, found myself behind a people mover/MPV. Not close behind, not even close behind for the 20-30MPH 90deg corner we negotiated.

Once the driver clocked me behind it took off, slightly twitchy, not quite sure brake pedal, lights flashing... Zooming towards a blind 7' width restriction at 40+ with 20' to go.

Erm.... I stayed WELL back and let them get over it. To drive closer may have provoked a massive head-on collision with an unfortunate travelling in the other direction. The road in question becomes more of a lane than a road after the WR.

I would state though that Imprezas are loud both visually as well as aurally. If someone's moving fast in one it will draw attention. I think also, we all go through the power corrupts/invincible phase when driving something that's got a bit extra under the hoo... bonnet.

J.
Old 17 October 2008, 01:59 AM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

is earl shilton by pass a new road i used to work at boosie hall and used to go earl shilto a few times

jim

any way the guy is probably a wa..ker as p1mark said
Old 17 October 2008, 02:16 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JRFRACE
I think most blokes cruising by schools like this would get funny looks from mums..
I have to drive past it to get to my house mate
Old 17 October 2008, 02:16 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

and the reason i do 15-20mph is that its a safe speed to go past a school! silly kids running about and that! im not "cruising"
Old 17 October 2008, 02:27 AM
555)
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JRFRACE
milf hunters?

Quick Reply: Ar5ehole Impreza drivers