Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Hello Moderators, our search facility is not working!, So ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2008, 10:20 AM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Moderators, our search facility is not working!, So ?

Hello.....As per the heading, our search function is not working on here, please can you sort it out ?

As we can't search I'll ask you clever scooby owners... What front speakers in the medium priced range do you generally use in your classics.. I need to order a pair and I think I just have it sorted and then read a few more posts and get totally boggled.. Focals are just too expensive for me, I have a good HU, about to install a sub/amp in the boot but need a pair of good sounding front speakers.. Your input as always very much appreciated so thanks to you in advance.. Julie

Just realised I've posted in the "Scoobynet General" section rather than the "ICE" area, I was so excited that the pages are actually turning over this morning and not freezing I got carried away, sorry

Last edited by naughtyhunnybunny; 13 October 2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 13 October 2008, 01:38 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

In my previous two scoobs which had the same size speaker adaptors, I used 6.5" Kenwoods in one, and 5.25" Alpines in t'other. The Alpines were quicker and easier to fit and a better sound quality. £23 from my local motorworld too I have the exact smae speakers front and rear in my 205 GTi now (although they were a direct swap).
Old 13 October 2008, 04:02 PM
naughtyhunnybunny
Scooby Regular

Arr thanks for that, too many choices and I remember reading some won't fit as they are too deep & others are just crazy prices, ok if that's all you have to spend the money on but £300 on a pair of speakers makes me break out into a sweat.. Is it straight forward Corsa spacers you use ?
Old 13 October 2008, 04:31 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by naughtyhunnybunny
Arr thanks for that, too many choices and I remember reading some won't fit as they are too deep & others are just crazy prices, ok if that's all you have to spend the money on but £300 on a pair of speakers makes me break out into a sweat.. Is it straight forward Corsa spacers you use ?
Yeah, you can use them off Ebay. Me I just used the originals already on the doors. Took the old speakers off and screwed the new ones in. It depends what speakers you get as some have wierd screw points on them. Took me 90 mins in the pitch black with a halogen light, so not difficult.