ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

New Scooby, What to do.

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2008, 09:39 PM
106_enduro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Scooby, What to do.

Hi all, I've just bought my first Scooby, a 1998 Impreza Sport (non-turbo, the insurance was ridiculous) Any suggestions on a few tiny mods I can do, maybe something to up the power a bit, I'm also going for new wheels, but can't decide what to get, want something a little differant not the standard team dynamic/revolution gold jobbies.

Mike.
Old 13 October 2008, 10:22 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Well if modding is your thing then a full stainless exhaust system is the way to go. You could also add a set of lowering springs and as for alloys I like the Redline PFF7 replicas in 18".
The car colour also depends on the alloy wheel choice.
Old 13 October 2008, 10:33 PM
averyp2
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get on www.imprezasport.net for opinions of more sport owners mate.
Sure most people who have had non turbo scoobs would agree that the best mod you can do is get a Borla unequal length exhaust manifold, gives the flat four rumble
Old 13 October 2008, 10:48 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pff7s and lower it mate, as averyp says get the borla unequal length exhaust.
if you have money then get a p1 replica kit too

wiley
Old 14 October 2008, 10:19 AM
106_enduro
Scooby Regular

It's not a case of I'm into modding, well not on a boy racer level anyway. I drive a 106 for aralying so thats where most of my time and money fgoes, but this is the bigest car I've bought to date in terms of engine. But I realise it's a non-turbo, and thought there might be a few tweeks etc to release a few more horses from the engine etc (K&N, better exhaust but not a bloody train tunnel type thing). I want to keep the outside looking standard. I always put my effort into under the bonnet first.

The car is of course Subaru blue (I couldn't gor for anything other than a blue, or maybe black scooby)

And I must admit, I'm not a fan of lowering my cars, due to my fondness for rallying this scooby will go out on a few 12 cars and the last thing i want is to put the sump through.
Old 14 October 2008, 11:17 AM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Your never going to gain much more bhp on a sport. I bought a Sport as i could not get insured due to my postcode and age (22) on a WRX > scooby and i really wanted one. Now Ive spent 3 years making it look like my perfect subaru i really would not want to get rid of it for a std looking WRX.

But having said that i dont ever intend to putting my car into a rally! The P1 splitter would come right off! lol.

SetoN
Old 14 October 2008, 11:34 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

don't want to ruin yr day- but anything you change, you'll have to declare to ins company.

i.e wheels, exhaust, performance.

also anything you spend on the car- will add no value whatsoever.

i'd just enjoy it for what it is- save yr cash and put towards a newer car in the future.

its no different to me wanting a RB320- but unless I fancy being in debt to some degree- it ain't happening.
Old 14 October 2008, 11:44 AM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austinwrx
don't want to ruin yr day- but anything you change, you'll have to declare to ins company.

i.e wheels, exhaust, performance.

also anything you spend on the car- will add no value whatsoever.

i'd just enjoy it for what it is- save yr cash and put towards a newer car in the future.

its no different to me wanting a RB320- but unless I fancy being in debt to some degree- it ain't happening.
Im sure your not the first to tell him he has to decare all modifications... so im sure his day will be just fine

oh and a std sport classic looks ugly imho, so If hes going to keep the car longer than a year why not invest some money on the cosmetic side? You dont buy a car to make money or expect to sell it without a loss of some kind.

mmm a RB320, that would be the day!

SetoN
Old 14 October 2008, 11:52 AM
106_enduro
Scooby Regular

Cheers gents, and I know I have to declare everything. I have a very friendly insurance deal on that side of things. I'm sort of with you guys in having to buy a sport, My dirving history isn't good, and I still have a claim within my 5 years. And the idea is to have this, maybe dod a few small bits to get a little extra out of it, drive it for a year or 2 then move up to a turbo version, but nothing after a 2001, I refuse to pay gordon brown and the thunderbird more money for a bull**** idea to do with an environmantal tax.
Old 14 October 2008, 11:59 AM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Just remeber when u mod it tell ya insurance dont want it going missing and not paying you out do we .....
Old 14 October 2008, 01:05 PM
Dowsie WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by averyp2
Get on www.imprezasport.net for opinions of more sport owners mate.
Sure most people who have had non turbo scoobs would agree that the best mod you can do is get a Borla unequal length exhaust manifold, gives the flat four rumble
Spot on! The Borla manifold makes them sound a lot better, I had one on MY00 Sport Special Edition - sounded very nice