ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Flat4 online

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2009, 03:49 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are ok,

I wouldn't order anything that you need urgently, i've ordered a few bits that have taken ages to arrive.

That was about a year ago, things might have changed now
Old 16 February 2009, 03:50 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Never had any issues with them.

Ricey
Old 16 February 2009, 03:51 PM
stevieob111
Scooby Regular

ive just ordered a few bits off there they seem good at answering emails. slow at postage tho i ordered on the 6th of feb and had an email to say they posting on 14th of feb so hopfuly they should be at home by the time i get home thursday
Old 16 February 2009, 03:52 PM
stevieob111
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by al02uk
They are ok,

I wouldn't order anything that you need urgently, i've ordered a few bits that have taken ages to arrive.

That was about a year ago, things might have changed now
no still the same lol
Old 16 February 2009, 03:52 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search on here for threads about them.

Like mentioned above the stuff will normally turn up but when it turns up is anyones guess.
Old 16 February 2009, 04:00 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

There's usually a few threads a week complaining of flat4online delays, usually in the region of months and months.

Like they said don't use it if you have to have the parts in the same year you ordered them
Old 16 February 2009, 04:13 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

to be fair, postage is a bit late..or delayed, i did have a problem with him christmas time.. but this was due to manufacturer not posting over the period

but when i asked for refund, i got it within 2 days , so it could have been a genuine mistake with me, never had problems in the past, always arrived within a week
Old 16 February 2009, 04:17 PM
mikey30
Scooby Regular

ive had reasonable service from scott,
anything he couldnt get me,he paypalled the money back within minutes...
some items can take a while especially amercian stuff(perrin,as power)
Old 16 February 2009, 04:37 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

i wouldn't order anything from him.i had a right fekking game with him pissing me about,lying to me, sending me half the order i had asked for not returning my messages,in the end i had enough and asked for a refund which took about 6 weeks to sort out.
Old 16 February 2009, 06:19 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I have never used them but..... I have read more negative posts about them then positive ones.
As said above it would seem the lead time is the problem. I am not sure if they keep stuff in stock or stock per order.
They are fairly close to you I think, you could always email and ask if you can pop in.
Old 16 February 2009, 06:31 PM
tonyrally
Scooby Regular

i know this is off topic but do u ever hear of a body shop being praised for a good job? its always the **** jobs that everyone hears about. i think every buissness has an awkward customer at some point an it puts there rep down a tad. not saying anyone is an awkward customer just that there always is one my 2 worth.
Old 16 February 2009, 06:44 PM
ginger321
Scooby Regular

Always found scotts prices to be good and delivery is included, However I think itd be better if he listed what he had in stock rather than accept payment for an item he doesnt have and then keep you holding on for delivery.
Ive only had one issue with flat4online and that was a problem with getting an apexi induction kit eventually I took 2 other items in exchange.
Other than that I'll keep going there.
Old 16 February 2009, 06:49 PM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

I think ginger321 is right,

I went on there thinking everything that was listed is in stock, I didn't know it was going to take 6 weeks for my item to arrive nor was I informed of this.

Everything on the site includes delivery so there is some good deals on there, my problem is that when i eventually get the money to buy something I want it yesterday.
Old 16 February 2009, 08:40 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

I've never had any problems with them, quick delivery and good service. BUT some have.
I'd give them a call/email, ask them if what you want's in stock, and get a delivery time.
I get the impresion some of the parts are ordered from china/japan/states when he gets an order, which will take a while.
Old 16 February 2009, 08:52 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

lol dont bother save your self the hassle & the little you MIGHT save will be quickly lost with time spent on the phone emails etc trying to find out when the item will turn up, which can be anytime from 2 days to three months.

Richard
Old 16 February 2009, 09:27 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tonyrally
i know this is off topic but do u ever hear of a body shop being praised for a good job? its always the **** jobs that everyone hears about. i think every buissness has an awkward customer at some point an it puts there rep down a tad. not saying anyone is an awkward customer just that there always is one my 2 worth.
i dont think this is just one awkward customer though as you will find out for yourself if you do a search on flat4.
Old 17 February 2009, 08:17 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Tried using him a few months back, then circumstances changed and had to cancel the order, will only pay back by Cheque even though I paid him via Paypal From what i have read he is slow at sending stuff out. But if you have a look at the disclaimer on his Website, he mentions this
Old 17 February 2009, 09:03 PM
stevieob111
Scooby Regular

its a shame cos the site is fulllllll of stuff i want. if its going to take 4years to get it posted i dont think ill bother, ill just look for the stuff sumwhere else. he's missing out of alot of money. the stuff i want in the next couple of months comes to £2,125 and ive already spent £540 with him
Old 11 March 2009, 09:20 PM
kronja
Scooby Newbie

here's conclusion of my experience with flat4online
kronja corner - flat4online experience

shortly - i had to wait 2 months for my stuff (water pump and pulleys), and now am sending pulleys back.. here are few pics of pulleys - kronja corner - pulleys from flat4online
Old 12 March 2009, 08:12 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

just sounds like the kind of rubbish service you expect from flat4, i had a similar experiance with him myself.
Old 12 March 2009, 02:30 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ginger321
Always found scotts prices to be good and delivery is included, However I think itd be better if he listed what he had in stock rather than accept payment for an item he doesnt have and then keep you holding on for delivery.
Ive only had one issue with flat4online and that was a problem with getting an apexi induction kit eventually I took 2 other items in exchange.
Other than that I'll keep going there.
Exactly why they didn't get my order for a FPR (£200 kit) the other day. I took it to 'checkout' stage but there was no indication of whether the kit was in stock and no phone number either to call and ask. Having seen some posts on here complaining about delivery delays and needing the parts on the car for a remap in 3 weeks time I couldn't take the risk.

You can't help thinking that the reason for not listing items as being 'in stock' is because there is actually sod all 'in stock' so you are at the mercy of their suppliers when you make an order.

Kevin
Old 12 March 2009, 05:42 PM
lammylama
Scooby Regular

Dont bother mate...the guys a joker.
I will NEVER use him again thats for sure......enuf said.
Just do a search mate and all will be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 March 2009, 05:50 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Stay clear, the guy pissed me around no end, there are many other places to buy from that are decent
Old 31 March 2009, 06:30 AM
kronja
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by kronja
here's conclusion of my experience with flat4online
kronja corner - flat4online experience

shortly - i had to wait 2 months for my stuff (water pump and pulleys), and now am sending pulleys back.. here are few pics of pulleys - kronja corner - pulleys from flat4online
so, we've agreed i'll send pulleys back. parcel sent and it is with them already about two weeks - and guess what? they do not even respond to my emails...

is there any institution in uk that would help me talking to those guys? we have here in estonia something like "consumer protection" - elderly ladies who just love to screw such businessmen..

unfortunately i'm not that rich to just let those 300£ slip away without even trying to get refund...

thx,
jk
Old 31 March 2009, 09:13 AM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kronja
so, we've agreed i'll send pulleys back. parcel sent and it is with them already about two weeks - and guess what? they do not even respond to my emails...

is there any institution in uk that would help me talking to those guys? we have here in estonia something like "consumer protection" - elderly ladies who just love to screw such businessmen..

unfortunately i'm not that rich to just let those 300£ slip away without even trying to get refund...

thx,
jk
This might be of help to you jk!

Originally Posted by CDF Racing
kronja:

Ah, So you was the guy spamming our website last month , rather than getting in contact and trying to resolve the issue

Scott @ Flat4 suppliers our parts we make .

As I can see from the photos , that is not the condition of the pulleys when they left us .

You are checking the insert position from the inside of the flange which is irrelevant to the sensor as it comes from the inside of the counter bore face.
The inserts are made from mild steel so yes they are magnetic. Yes we have issues twice in the past before but these are now pressed into the pulley within a thou limit of each other , if the pulley has been knocked or damaged in someway that may move the insert but they would of left us all the same .
Speaking to Scott he says that you was not willing to return the pulleys and just demanded a refund, without having any product returned you are not going to get a refund . I think something has gone wrong somewhere along the line hence why you don't want to return them .

If you ask around you will learn that we only machine parts to the best quality and that I will bend over backwards to help any customer out.

If you would like to get in contact direct please email me on info@cdfracing.co.uk

Thanks Chris
Old 31 March 2009, 09:45 AM
kingofthehill
Scooby Regular

bad experience here aswell.

sent me parts i didnt ordered as ''replacements'' for parts that werent in stock, the replacements were less than half the value of what i had ordered but this didnt seem to be an issue to scott as there was no mention of it before sending them to me and no refund either! took a further 6 weeks to get my money back after so many e-mails back and forth i lost count, even though i was promised the refund cheque was sent out the week the parts were returned. so blaitant lie's aswell.
and now to add insult to injury ive got a problem with one of the parts i have fitted and have been waiting 3 weeks for a replacement with no joy.

if parts arent in stock people should be told, not left waiting for weeks and not sent replacement parts they havent even ordered.

by far the worst service i have ever had online.
Old 05 April 2009, 10:43 PM
kronja
Scooby Newbie

rice rocket, thanks for hint..

thx,
jk
Old 06 April 2009, 01:11 AM
antscooby
Scooby Regular

lucky u havent bumped into nippon spares, if u havent. im not aloud to post what i think about them!