Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Impending court case -motoring offence ??

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2009, 01:22 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impending court case -motoring offence ??

Just received a court summons for a motoring offence that took place a few months ago, not going to go into too much detail for obvious reasons but just looking for a bit off advice from anyone here who has had experience off attending a justice off the peace cout case, to be honest having had nothing to do with courts other than a short bit off jury service a good few years ago am in all honestly slightly nervous off just what to expect ??!!

given that these cases take place not in an actual sheriff court just wonder what I should expect in terms off how many people will be present at the case ?? if the police officer who originally charged me will likely be there and likely how long the case is to last ?? who I will have to actually speak too ?? just how much pressure is put on you in any examining and how to keep calm if the going gets tough !!!!

not taking a lawyer with me so as I say just a bit unsure on what to expect.

anyone able to advise ??
Old 28 March 2009, 01:28 PM
klidder
Scooby Regular

Never been to court myself apart from watching serious cases (from "public" gallery) at Bham Crown Court when I was a student not long ago. If you tell us what the reason is then someone may be-able to help. If it's a sh1tty old speeding offence then it will be dealt with there and then within half an hour I reckon.
Old 28 March 2009, 01:31 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

Get yourself over to pepipoo.com for some proper advice thus avoiding "trial by Scoobynet"
Old 28 March 2009, 02:56 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

As above. There will be plenty of scaremongering any minute now. I take it from your post the case is listed for a Scottish court?
Old 28 March 2009, 03:00 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you go to your local court and have a look at what goes on.
I can guarantee you will be entertained if nothing else.
Old 28 March 2009, 04:06 PM
C_RHYS
Scooby Regular

I have appeared in court once..... not the same as ur case I don't think though.

A number of years back I produced my doc's 2 months late and at a different station to the 1 listed (I used to get these on a 2 weekly basis in my old 'chaved' up 106 and this never caused me a problem before.
Any way this time the paperwork had not been filled in correctly and I a summons to appear in court. It was very formal but only lasted minutes, there was me, an usher, police legal representative and 5 official people at the back of the room sat in 2 tiers. I presented my documents, told them I had produced but at a different station to the one recorded, they didn't ask if they were on time. The Police legal rep was asked if this was sufficient, he said it was and I was sent on my way after saying sorry for wasting my time.
Old 28 March 2009, 06:24 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys appreciatte the advice so far, yep sorry should have said yes it a scottish court, as I say not a sheriff court just a jp in the local council chambers, as I say getting myself a bit worked up just thinking it over but am sure it will be okay in the end??!!

like the idea off the slightly less formal scene thou !!