Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2009, 04:57 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarify Law on Speeding for me Please

ok is the following true

flashed by camera

1) wait for NIP within 14 days? doesnt matter if delayed in post, as long as date on there is within 14 days?

2) notify driver within 28 days of recieving this?

any exceptions to this?

am so paranoid when it comes to speeding as its the difference to being able to be insured on a scoob and not for me.. (since am 21)

and i havnt been flashed am just paranoid as i had a long drive yesterday, 220miles, stuck to all speed limits etc.. just on some roads in the country it was like 60mph single carriage ways.. down to 50 for some houses, back to 60, down to 40 for more houses, etc. then some sort of speed cameras come up with no road markings, and they were on both sides of the road, facing the driver..

i honetsly believe i was doing the speed limit its just i got lost, so amongst trying to find my way with the sat nav , lol i went thru loads more cameras, none flashed, but then again it was daylight..and i didnt have a clue what the road speed limit was so i was either doing 30 or 40 on these bunch of roads.

i believe i was fine as everyone in lanes next to me were level speed wise. just a clean license means a lot to me, and it stresses me out lol, anyway just in case something does come through, im working away from home for 6 months so renting, go home to parents once every 6 weeks or so.. (this is where my licence and car is registered)

so if i find something when i go, willl they accept that i have been working awya for a while and couldnt reply within time period?

or will they fine me more? or take me court? surely they dont expect me to change address on cars.. insurance,.. banks etc. for this temp move?

any advice let me know

cheers
Old 04 April 2009, 04:59 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

also those that have recieved speeding tickets, how long after the offence are they usally recieved? do they ever stretch out to full 14 days?

ill be going to parents next week, and be back on the 20th april, hopefully if anything comes thru, it'll come whilst am there as thats 14 days from offence

ahh ****ing cemeras man, sods law that they catch innocent drivers, not being **** on the road, and those dangerous drivers get away

i dont wanna have to settle for an EK9

Last edited by eggy790; 04 April 2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04 April 2009, 05:06 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You need a camera detector/GPS solution....

I'm lucky, I 'm old AND slow.

dunx
Old 04 April 2009, 05:08 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

lol i had a sat nav on, just the dam thing dont tell you the road speed limit, you gotta work that out yourself

i should be fine, im stressing myself out