ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2009, 12:45 AM
Terzo35
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hi peeps,
Joined as i was kinda thinking of selling my terzo, but everytime i get in it i change my mind lol was wonderin if there are any other terzo owners on here who know anymore information about them, value?? how many are left out of the 333 that were built etc.... i know the general info on them but was wondering if there was anything else i needed to know about maintenance aswell. Im also was thinking of getting it tuned to add another 100bhp possibly if anyone has any recommendations or info on how much the engine could take in its current standard form????
Old 05 April 2009, 09:29 AM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Hi welcome to the site

If your wanting 100 more bhp then your gonna need a bigger turbo.
If you stick with the TD04 turbo that is on your car the the most you will get is around 280bhp.
To get to that your gonna need to start by changing the exhaust to get rid of the cats in the mid section and the downpipe, then replace the standard panel filter with a Green panal filter NOT an induction kit (you will lose power)
Then your gonna need the all important remap, unfortunatly though the standard ecu on the MY97/98 cars cannot be remapped so your gonna need to get a new ecu, an Apexi Power FC is a good choice.
Once the car is properly mapped then you should see 270-280 bhp.

Next step would be to upgrade the suspension and breaks.
Old 05 April 2009, 11:01 AM
Terzo35
Scooby Newbie

chhers for the info m8, av u any idea how much all that would cost me?????????