ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

ATTEMPTED THEFT

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2009, 05:05 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTEMPTED THEFT

i know its early but just wanted to vent my spleen . house just been broken into police convinced it was for my car keys, 2nd time in 2 weeks, this is getting beyond a joke. making me feel like selling my pride and joy, but then i suppose the thieving toerags have won. anyone out there please respond. sat up now guarding door so my missus and son and my 6 week old baby girl can sleep
Old 09 April 2009, 05:28 AM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

facking ell twice in 2 weeks? what model you got?

are you going to take any extra measures to protect your house / car / family
Old 09 April 2009, 05:34 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

51 plate bugeye so nothing special. running 300 bhp courtesy of the scoobyclinic,
what else can you do its anew house with up to date locks, alarm. will be spending tonight out and about bashing the local scrots heads
Old 09 April 2009, 05:44 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

local police were very quick they were here in 15 mins, they were convinced it was the car keys they were after, i live next to a canal and their advice if i caught them was for them to end up in it. nice to see they are on our wavelength. i cant believe people think they have the right to break in to our homes and steal car keys. they need to get a job and buy one like the rest of us.
Old 09 April 2009, 05:52 AM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what scum!

What area do you live in mate? Any chance parking the car away from the house for a few weeks?
Old 09 April 2009, 05:57 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

thorne near doncaster mate. and not really . im hoping the police are right in that they have said now they know the alarm is armed on a nightime they wont come back.
i could understand the first time, my own fault forgot to lock front door but left on security lock so could only be opened an inch so they tried booting it, i could put that down to oppotunists but this time they have climbed into back garden and removed the door handles and locks fom the french doors without leaving a mark, so they were definitely after my scooby
Old 09 April 2009, 07:00 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

daylight now so should be safe but dare not leave these doors just in case
Old 09 April 2009, 07:33 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Barstewards.

Do you have a large dog - or can you borrow one? I take it you don't have a garage even though it's a new house?
Old 09 April 2009, 07:39 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

yes have a garage but car wont fit in it. and no dog but its an option . i am going to have a few hours tonight when it gets dark banhging a few heads
Old 09 April 2009, 08:26 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

I would be looking into some trip wires place around the garden.

Like this in the video: http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/vi...-alarm-150284/

For the noise maker I use a smoke detector.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 09 April 2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09 April 2009, 09:59 AM
Dave_P
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate, hope your family is ok

I had a similar experience and since I have done this it has been ok (I hope this stays the case).

I know this all sounds a bit extreme but that's the times we live in (or the area I live in!)

1. Sounds like you have a home alarm that you can arm downstairs when you are asleep, that's good

2. If you have not already, install security lights everywhere outside

3. Install extra locking security bolts on all the external doors/windows

4. Install a keycode keysafe in the house and use it

5. Install Infra Red CCTV back, front and looking at the car (about 3 cameras should do it) and put the recorder hidden away in the loft (note: you can only use the images you capture on your own land in court, but the police will use any images for reference)

6. Install a Blackjax Alarm (one that needs a seperate code entering before the car can be driven away, even if they have the keys)

7. If your drive is big enough park your partners car close in behind yours, or accross the drive if not

8. When you go away on holiday leave the car in a friends garage (a litre bottle of malt wiskey usually sorts this out)

9. Buy the biggest maglite torch they do, it can come in useful for other reasons...
Old 09 April 2009, 10:18 AM
Arab1
Scooby Regular

W**kers mate, as said a big dog is the way forward but maybe not so good with young nippers around.
Old 09 April 2009, 10:42 AM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Get a couple of Staffordshire Bull Terriers fantastic dogs if they are trained well from pups.

Ornamental Samurai swords above your bed are also a winner! Get your story straight for the local plod too, you wouldn't have a good reason for having a kitchen knife lying around in your bedroom would you?
Or maybe a weights set for bedroom work outs... The possibilities are endless just don't have anything untoward in the wrong places.

I am a great believer in an English man's home is his castle and I would die protecting my family from anyone.
On the better side of it, it sounds like the Police have you on their radar now so maybe you don't need to worry so much now.
They want your keys/car but don't want to get caught, remember this!
Leave the living room light on when you go to bed and perhaps the TV?

Hopefully the Police have some idea who it is now and are locking them up as we speak
Old 09 April 2009, 10:42 AM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you mate - hope they rot in hell..........a couple pf years back some dick had a go at my 02 Sti, broke screwdriver off between pass door glass and pillar !! also tried to lever door open.....fitted security lights and 1) Good quality steering lock and 2) Wheel clamp, high visibilty stuff so they(thieves) move on.........best wishes mate.....
Old 09 April 2009, 11:18 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

just had soco here, no prints theres a shock, what she has said is they did not even enter the house as no footprints other than mine near door. security lights going up this pm and partners car will be rammed up aginst mine tonight.
sign of the times i suppose no money around so lets rob those that have a little bit. twice in 2 weeks is the real kicker. cant believe their *****
Old 09 April 2009, 11:38 AM
999wrx
Scooby Regular

Really sorry about what happened matey, i'm a cop in GMP and see this type of thing day in day out, up here its Audi's they like. Their after a quick 4 door car which they will use to committ other offences (usually robberies or other burglaries) and then usually burn it out a short time later. In my opinion they wont come back as the first time they saw you as an easy target leaving the door open and presume your not very security conscious, now they know the car isn't easy pickings they will go elsewhere. This type of **** cheese doesn't want to be seen and are usually scrawny excusses for men that couldn't hold their own against a 10 year old girl in a fight! If they were serious criminals they would kick in your front door during the day and demand your keys, which obviously they havent. Don't let them put you off owning a nice car, their just not worth it, if you catch them give them a good dig from me! Should I be saying that? lol.
Old 09 April 2009, 11:45 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Junkie scum no doubt.

Probably robbing you anyway by being paid disability allowance thanks to being smack heads.

Type of person that should be killed, cremated and havetheir ashes mixed with tar to fill pot holes in the roads, just so they've actually been useful to the rest of us.

5t.
Old 09 April 2009, 05:52 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

havnt read the whole thread but is it not time for a house alarm? they are a good deterant. i had one fitted after my break in and at least it will wake me up if they try to get in. i sleep a bit better now.
Old 10 April 2009, 12:08 AM
hoochydady
Scooby Regular

this sort ov things happin a lot reason better car alarms imoblisers ect.car jackings on the up and house break ins for car keys best house alarm deterent is what i have 2 12-14 stone dogue de bordeauxs same dog as in the turner and hooch film my house used to get tryd a lot then i got the dogs guess what the neds walk by my gate and if my dogs are runing about my garden they close the gate lol id say out of fear buy a dogue de bordeaux and only let it mix with family and peeps that are used to coming in ur house id bet u will say best thing iv ever done lol.even if there out there head and they get in i doubt they would make it back out lol.
Old 10 April 2009, 12:23 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

get on net and look for "dog repellant" itas actually pepperspray and works a treat
Old 10 April 2009, 12:29 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 999wrx
Really sorry about what happened matey, i'm a cop in GMP and see this type of thing day in day out, up here its Audi's they like. Their after a quick 4 door car which they will use to committ other offences (usually robberies or other burglaries) and then usually burn it out a short time later. In my opinion they wont come back as the first time they saw you as an easy target leaving the door open and presume your not very security conscious, now they know the car isn't easy pickings they will go elsewhere. This type of **** cheese doesn't want to be seen and are usually scrawny excusses for men that couldn't hold their own against a 10 year old girl in a fight! If they were serious criminals they would kick in your front door during the day and demand your keys, which obviously they havent. Don't let them put you off owning a nice car, their just not worth it, if you catch them give them a good dig from me! Should I be saying that? lol.
i actually got targetted about 2 years ago but the people didnt care if they woke me up, they booted a huge upvc door of its hinges and came running through the house shouting for the keys, was a bit alarming at 1 in the morning. police where superb, tracker was activated and car was found by GMP within 40mins with no damage.
wife wanted rid of car but i told her know and now im on my 2nd sti dont let them win mate
Old 10 April 2009, 11:18 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
i actually got targetted about 2 years ago but the people didnt care if they woke me up, they booted a huge upvc door of its hinges and came running through the house shouting for the keys, was a bit alarming at 1 in the morning. police where superb, tracker was activated and car was found by GMP within 40mins with no damage.
wife wanted rid of car but i told her know and now im on my 2nd sti dont let them win mate
Good man

The scum must not win!
Old 10 April 2009, 01:18 PM
JMCG
Scooby Regular

Heard a few stories of scum getting in silently and holding a boiling kettle above your head while you're in bed demanding keys. One of my mates got broke into (for a Celica 190), heard them though before they made it upstairs and scared them off, only to find the boiled kettle on the bottom stair ready to go. Fookin scum!

Definetly using another car as a visual and roadblock deterrent. Anyway you can make room in your garage (using wall space for hanging stuff).

Last edited by JMCG; 10 April 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10 April 2009, 02:29 PM
stiler83
Scooby Regular

What do you call up-to-date locks?...if they are Euro-Profile then you need to look at the links below.

Locks
http://www.security.ingersollrand.co...s/default.aspx
http://www.schlegel.com/pdf/cylinder_guard.pdf
http://www.lairdsecurity.co.uk/Datas...uct%20Info.pdf
http://www.era-vectis.co.uk/download...troductory.pdf

Handles
http://www.hoppe.co.uk/Portals/6/Con...%20Leaflet.pdf
Gerda Innovation in Security - TD1000 Series Locks - Handle Sets, Handlesets, UK, Europe, ISO 9001
http://www.liftandlock.com/PDFs/Secu...20Plus-107.pdf
http://www.liftandlock.com/PDFs/Lock...Handle-106.pdf

Sash Jammers are also worth fitting for the few quid they cost.

Bought myself one of these the other week.
Wireless Home Security - AlertMe - Wireless Home Security

Last edited by stiler83; 11 April 2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10 April 2009, 02:41 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have a very large and very noisey German Shepherd. That seems to work very well.
Old 11 April 2009, 08:44 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

update-- french door locks fixed, sash jammers fitted, tracker fitted to car along with mini baseball bat down side of car seat just in case. need opinions on this though cos it might be my mind playing tricks.
this has happened twice in 3 weeks, where i live is very quiet by the side of a canal and for about the last month we have been plagued by teenagers on trials bikes with no plates riding up and down all the time.
yesterday 3 came past and turned their heads towardds my house and car, and it was 3 teenagers that tried tried to break in . is this me jumping to conclusions or are there ***** that big they think they can try again.
Old 11 April 2009, 09:09 AM
krisando
Scooby Regular

Mate, gutted to hear whats happened, little no-job, coke heads probably mate, if you find out who it was, do em over, or at least 1 of them. My father-in-law lives in a rough area of worcester, I fitted a camera looking onto his driveway, and coz of that, caught some f#*ker smashing his window, and scratching and pi#*ing on my car. Teenagers now compared to when I was that age, are bored and think they run the show, doing what they want to who they want.

Karma, what goes around comes around. They'll get what comes to them mate, hope you dont get any more probs.
Old 11 April 2009, 09:20 AM
mathsteacher
Scooby Regular

its coming to something when coppers say i have more chance of catching them than they have and if i do their advice is to give them a good hiding before calling them. and believe me i will the fact that they want the car is bad enough but when my family are involved and they dare break in when my 11yr old son and 6 week old daughter are asleep takes the p**s.
i cant wait to find out who did it so they can have some instant justice.
my family come first and everything i own i have worked hard for and will protect it by whatever means necessary
Old 11 April 2009, 09:43 AM
sti degsy
Scooby Regular

if you went for a big dog for security , we have a bullmastiff she`s great with our 20 month old son ,never barks and is really soft untill she see`s someone she doesnt know she`s very protective of us and the home a perfect guard dog!
Old 11 April 2009, 11:03 AM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

little *******, sorry to hear it mate, i used to live in a ****ty part of erith in kent and its full of skaggy pikey scum that will do anything to nick anything. the alarm that could be set downstairs when me n the kids were in bed was ok, cctv is a deterant but they just where bala-clavas and hoddys. big dog and a big bat worked in the end. Show them you aint scared / intimidated by them and they will soon get the message and try on some 1 easyer.

hope you get it sorted mate as i 100% know what ya going through. shame ya dont live closer as id come help ya. im always game for kicking some chavvy ****!!

Quick Reply: ATTEMPTED THEFT