ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

newbie with lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2009, 10:44 PM
gti power
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with lots of questions

hi im considering a scooby inthe next few months im 21 so insurance will be hi but i want a 4 door turbo either an evo or scooby,i only really like the evo5/6 and my budget is 4k tops and looking at some of the fine examples from owners selling on here prove that i will get alot of scoob for my money and possible change.
right im not that familiar with my scoobys but i like the 22b and rb5's im told to get the uk model as aftermarket parts etc are easy to get hold of and the jap version will suffer soon enough being run on lweaker octane fuel over here?
so i been looking i want what i call old/classic scooby but as late as possible 2000 i belive,preferably a sedan with a larger rear spoiler,preferably leather seats.
now i know all cars have problems but what is there to look out for with a scooby i heard the cranks are a common one do they rot?
Old 22 May 2009, 11:00 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Right.....

I'll have a crack at this one for you

As for EVO's i'd drive an EVO and a Scooby and see what you think.They have been likend to each other since they both came out in what 1993? And to be honest they are very different cars to drive.The EVO is very focused and a lot roarer than a scooby, a scooby is a much nicer car to live with day to day and IMO sounds better and (apart from the EVO 6 Tommi Makkinen) look better

Your budget won't get you an EVO 6 or even a nice 5 for that matter were as you will get a lot more scooby for your money.

Being on my 4th i've had a lot of experience of Scooby's and i've had 3 Classic WRX's with powers ranging from 250..260..270 and 320 horse power.I now had a last of the line classic which is a 2000 Euro import in Sonic blue (same as P1) which is rare.They rekon the 99 model has a better ECU than the 2000 so that's what i have in mine.I'd avoid the leather seats as the quailty isn't good and the cloth is good to hold you in the seat

Lots of common problems but like most cars you get what you pay for..buy a well looked after one off here and you'll be fine
Old 23 May 2009, 08:20 AM
reano
Scooby Regular

One thing to mention is you won't get some of the better classics for anywhere near 4K. The 22b for example will cost you c20k
Old 23 May 2009, 09:16 AM
Fat Boi Mike
Scooby Regular

You can get bugeyes in the 4k range now, alot more scooby for your money than an evo, in age and mileage etc..

Good luck fella, welcome to the site..