ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

HIGH IMPORTANCE

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2009, 01:29 PM
donmojo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool HIGH IMPORTANCE

I am in the process of purchasing a blobeye sti jdm 2005 the car has a full service history, MOT and Taxed with one owner priced at 10k with 26K on the clock. Just made a HPI check with autocheck and the findings was that it was all clear except for a finance agreement found and vehicle condition noted as import (I already knew this).Regarding the finance issue has anyone been in the same situation as i am about to travel 3 hours tomorrow to see the car. Bank Holiday monday means that the finance office is most likely closed. I could get the dealer to take liability for the finance agreement. Dont want to travel 3 hours there and there hours back, if its not worth it.
Help anybody
Old 24 May 2009, 01:36 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AFAIK they check for outstanding finance, say for example the car was traded in for 8k to the previous owner and they had 6k outstanding, they would receive 2k back and the dealer should sort the finance out from there
Have a chat with them on the phone before you go down

Tony
Old 24 May 2009, 01:54 PM
donmojo
Scooby Regular

Tony can you provide me with a phone number mate! Also do they work on bank holiday Monday. Monday is my only day off and then off to cairo for a business trip for a week. Thanks for the advise

Last edited by donmojo; 24 May 2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 24 May 2009, 02:04 PM
JMCG
Scooby Regular

Does it not have the Finance company on the HPI report with number and reference number? You need to contact them (actually the seller as they won't talk to you about someone elses business) to get the final settlement figure, they then pay it off in front of you or I think the finance company can give out a reference number and code for you to clear it within 24hrs (at the request of the seller) and then take that figure off the sale price. Being a dealer I'm sure they do this a lot more than you or I.
Old 24 May 2009, 03:31 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In order for the Dealer to sell the vehicle they should have sorted out who has legal title.

I'd phone the dealer just to check thet they have sorted out the finanace, which is their responsibility, before they advertised it for sale.

Shaun
Old 24 May 2009, 08:45 PM
donmojo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Shaun (midlife...) took your advice and phoned the dealer and he said he has paid of the finance agreement in full and has a copy of the final settlement from the finance company. He stated the name of the finance company and the situation that it was under a hire purchase agreement ( which was correct information as the HPI check stated) if this work out it will be great. So far so good.
Will keep you posted as im going to see it tomorrow (bank holiday monday)
Thanks for the advise guys much appreciated.
Jmcg i have phoned the finance company but its sunday today, will try to phone on bank holiday monday to make sure but all being clear the receipt of the settlement from the finace company should be alright. He is a dealer so he should also have the right to ownership of the car.

Last edited by donmojo; 24 May 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 24 May 2009, 10:30 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually it's TonyBurns you should thank as he did point out before me that the dealer should have legal title in order to sell the car as they took it in part ex (not always the case though)

Blobeye STi JDM is a cracking car.......should be twin scroll

Post a link to the dealer's website so we can all have a look

Cheers

Shaun