Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

New WRX

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2001, 07:08 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new WRX has arrived at the dealer and I will be taking delivery on 1st March. I have been having sleepless nights of late as to whether I am making a huge mistake and should be having a very late Turbo 2000. Pete Croney's car and comments have gone a long way to making me feel better but I would like to know other's experience of the new car. I am wondering if people are paying list for them and whether Subaru have any confidence in residuals in a couple of years time when I come to change. Comments would be most welcome.
Old 11 February 2001, 08:00 PM
adyhicut
Scooby Senior

Wink

Hi

I've got one, had it a month now.

The suspension and brakes are better along with interior. Exterior, you either hate it or it grows on you. I've put a scoobysport exhaust centre section and scorpion back box on. Its much better than standard but it still feels like its got a stick up its ****. Hopefully when i put the downpipe on along with dump valve and induction kit it should be like the old car with the same mods.

At the end of the day don't be forced into buying something that you are not 100% with. If you like the old model go for it!.

All the best

Ady
Old 11 February 2001, 08:31 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Ady,

Many thanks for the advice. I have to have an Impreza of some description as I have now spent 3 years in the wilderness! My last Impreza I sold in late 97 whilst trying for a family. I have subsequently lost tens of thousands on new Range Rover's and Merc E Class' and am now 200% going back to an Impreza. I am more than 90% going for the new one but if guaranteed residuals are crap will go out armed with £15K and Top Marques!! I have taken a huge (£17k) hit on the Merc in two years and currently have lost my sense of humour on car prices. I think long term the new one is the better option now ScoobySport, Prodrive et al are remedying Subaru's oversights. Did you buy from a UK dealer or import? Please excuse me if I am being nosey but I am curious what UK dealers are doing for customers, list or lower.

Cheers

Stevie
Old 12 February 2001, 03:16 PM
James Douglas
Scooby Regular

Stevie!

Fear not, for i too have parted some serious wedge on a new WRX.

I actually gave her a good spanking for the first time yesterday. Done my 1000 miles so here we go. I think a good exhaust system and a few exterior mods make it an awesome package!

Have fun as i have!

James

Old 12 February 2001, 03:56 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hi Steve,

I take it you have seen this :http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/Forum1/HTML/009994.html

I'd save £££ and buy that, sounds like you've been burnt before with new car depreciation,
Regards,
Andyp
Old 12 February 2001, 04:41 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

James,

Glad you are enjoying the new car. I am 99% there now, Subaru dealers have said they are offering V.good residuals on new WRX's. I will go and see later this week when I sort out paperwork, exhaust etc.

Andy,

Many thanks, I had already seen that thread. I have been burnt before but that was with German manufacturers thinking their cars are so bloody marvellous and will NEVER depreciate, perish the thought. If Subaru can offer the right Guaranteed buyback in 2 years, I will do it. If I buy used I will be trying to sell a 70k miles car with no warranty. Not ideal. Also, back to German cars, once your b*****ked on the value, the dealers offer you £2500 BELOW book as a trade in. Lexus in Digbeth, B'Ham took my E Class off me and it wasnt against a car!! They also paid book!!!

Steve
Old 12 February 2001, 07:05 PM
John Catlin
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Stevie,

Picked up mu WRX on the 27th. January 2001, up untill to-night have now clocked up 2726 miles at an average fuel consumption of 25.58, worst 22.51 ( first tank full ) doubt if dealer filled up completely. Best 25.62. Only slight niggle being that the idle is a bit rough, otherwise all is well.
Old 13 February 2001, 01:29 PM
James Douglas
Scooby Regular

Jesus John!

Im getting 22 if im lucky!! Do you reckon somethimgs wrong with my car? Have you been taking it easy?

James