ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Cyprus import advice

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2009, 10:01 PM
wildo105e
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyprus import advice

Went looking at a new sti hatch at a subaru dealer on the strength of the new leasing scheme. When enquiring about possible best prices he effectively told me it was illegal to reduce the price ???? Effectively there was no negotiation on price no matter if i bought outright.

They had a PPP in and the look of the seats sat nav etc got me thinking of the Cyprus ones but just need to clear up some issues.

What differences are the I have found out there is no alarm or locking wheel nuts. Does the sat nav work in the uk is it all in english etc also does it have a blue tooth phone connection. Is the trim all leather etc.

The last thing is the warranty from what i have found on here all i have to do is phone subaru and they will make it a uk warranty ???

Who would be the most reputable to order a new one would it possible to order colour etc

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Thanks
Old 06 July 2009, 10:04 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The EU import will be of a higher spec, it wont have a cat 1 alarm or tracker (less than 1k sorts that out ) and you do need some locking wheel nuts (not expensive) but what you save, its worth it.
You just have to register the car with IM, once you have done that you should have no issues

Tony
Old 06 July 2009, 10:15 PM
wildo105e
Scooby Newbie

Thanks tony
Old 08 July 2009, 04:16 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Not looked at the UK v EU market since I bought my WRX back in 2005, however, don't be put off by those who say it won't be covered under warranty and the old chestnut, it'll be worth less come sell up time. Neither of these things have ever been a problem, the second particularly, as the price of ALL cars, regardless of origin are absolute crap..!

A couple of years ago a few had problems with warranty claims, however these were cleared up (in the courts iirc..?) and as Tony says, as long as the car is registered with IM all should be well.

Enjoy the saving/spec..
Old 08 July 2009, 09:10 PM
scooby stew
Scooby Regular

got a 06/56 import my self from malta brand new delivery miles only from The Motorhouse Car SupermarketThe ORIGINAL Car Supermarket its has more spec and is faster and not restricted as uk cars are i got full warranty with it only problem took mine in to main dealer at the weekend to part x offeard nothing for it wrx 2.5 inj turbo 16.000 wr bule s/f/s/h got to sell it private thanks stew