Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Track Car Share? Anyone up for it. The more people the cheaper it will become.

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2009, 03:02 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Car Share? Anyone up for it. The more people the cheaper it will become.

Not sure about you, but I really do not want to take my unabused scooby on a track. No way no how.

I hoping that if I can get a few fellow scooby owners to come together and all put a bit of cash/donate parts in to be able to a track car for a tength of the cost. Pretty much the more people that go in the cheaper it will become. It would probably be easier if the owners all live in the same region/ish, i.e South Yorkshire and close West Yorkshire etc. But does not have to necessarily be like this.

Not asking for the car to be in my name either. Nor I am saying I would collect all the cash. For this to work it would have to run like a small business from financial and ownership point of view. I can get tryes for next to nothing and I am sure other people on here have good contacts in other area's to really pull in the favors.

Probably sounds crazy, but could easily work it so each of the owners has it for a certain amount of days per month/year for track events. Or even all come together for track events where we can.

Hopefully with the costs been low if the number of people ownership is high then this pretty much means no one will really care if something was to happen to the car. Although there would be rules that we would all have to agree to. But with it been stripped out to the bare requirements,then you are not exactly going to be able to take it to the local shops or sunday drives. Plus by stripping the car out, there is always someone looking to buy/swap the parts you take out.

Let me know your thoughts. If this was to work all the owners would have to sign a contract for liability to them etc making others non liable for death or injury.

Looking at a budget at around £1500.00 maybe a little less, to get the ball rolling, so if 15 people get involved then that £100.00, 30 then thats £50.00. You get the picture. Then would probably be a little around £10.00 per month for maintainance, new parts etc.

I think this really could work if we all go into it with eyes wide open and just want some harmless fun on a track at a low cost.
Old 29 July 2009, 06:30 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

I doubt very much it will work, too many conflicts.
Old 29 July 2009, 06:51 PM
MY99TURBO
Scooby Regular

As above, there would be loads say yes then when it comes down to it you will be on your own or if it did happen and say 10-15 owned the car it would be ok for a week then the arguements, you know what i mean

it would be far more easy to do it yourself
Old 29 July 2009, 08:50 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a good idea in theory but what happens if someone stuffs the car into the armco or blows an engine before anyone else has a chance to drive it? There will be many angry people who have invested in the car and not had a chance to drive.
Old 29 July 2009, 09:10 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You need to keep the numbers sensible, and who stores it, do you buy or rent a trailer, who tows it ?

What if one of them drives like a ham fisted monkey and breaks it ?

Liability is a good point.

dunx

P.S. A £1500 BMW is a great tool for a laugh.

Last edited by dunx; 29 July 2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 30 July 2009, 08:33 AM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

ok thanks every one, looks like I will be going in it by myself now. Now to explain to the Mrs that it is going in my garage, so her car is on the drive.
Old 30 July 2009, 01:53 PM
Jamz_
Scooby Regular

Adam, the best way to do this is to have two people... Myself and my mate both own half of the scooby track car we have (although im in the process of buying his half off him, as we want to race eachother now)

Anyway, we got a classic (93) for £1500, both went halfs, so paid £750 each... We half the track day costs between us, and half the fuel bill and maintanace costs...

Works really well if you know eachother... i dont think it would work really well if it was a whole club, who peole dont know eachother and all that.

Id say no more then two people should own a track car, else it gets too complicated!