ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

FAST RESPONCE NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2009, 06:20 PM
5lider
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST RESPONCE NEEDED

quick question guys would i damage any part of the car if i drove from essex to machester about 200 miles with no power steering ?
Old 07 August 2009, 06:24 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Probably no damage but does it feel save to drive could you avoid someone if they pulled out on you
Old 07 August 2009, 06:24 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't but you might want a bath of ice for your forearms when you get there.

It'll also be VERY hard to drive safely and will not be road worthy in the eyes of the law as it won't pass an MOT in its current state.

You may well be putting yourself and other road users in danger driving it. If you're taking it to Manchester to be repaired then I would strongly suggest getting it on a flatbed rather than driving it.
Old 07 August 2009, 06:30 PM
5lider
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ved
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't but you might want a bath of ice for your forearms when you get there.

It'll also be VERY hard to drive safely and will not be road worthy in the eyes of the law as it won't pass an MOT in its current state.

You may well be putting yourself and other road users in danger driving it. If you're taking it to Manchester to be repaired then I would strongly suggest getting it on a flatbed rather than driving it.
well it has been repaired in essex by mark at recon engines he said hes ordered the part and it should be in tomorrow cos the pump has ssezied if its the right part i can drive it if not then hes got to order the right one and the company who collect the cars wont be up there till tuesday meaning if all goes well i can get it back next friday or something i havent had the car for 6 to 7 weeks now and i need it for work monday morning i can get the job done here monday in warrington just i need to get it back here but i carnt afford a low loader to come all that way so my only option is to drive it back and get it sorted monday here?
Old 07 August 2009, 06:33 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Would hiring a car be a possibility? If you're with the AA or RAC and you have it on your policy I would ask and see.
Old 09 August 2009, 04:38 PM
5lider
Scooby Regular

Got car back now and it' all good atm another question for u guys is the garage are saying that the dip stick is to short for the engine and when the oil is on the low mark it's really full not low does this sound ok