ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Advice Needed Please

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2009, 06:32 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Needed Please

I have recently had a after market splitter put on to my car. The guys that fitted did a great job as a lot of cutting and fillers was required. Unfortunately I knocked the front end driving into a car park that I used to fly in with my A3 months before.

The bumper (plastic) and spilter (fibre glass) separated where I knocked only and eventually started to crack. Completely my fault. I took the bumper back and had it completely painted and fixed.

Two months later the crack is starting to appear. Although this is underneath the paintwork and has not yet broken the paint. Not even sure it will. Took it to another shop and they have said the paint just looks like it is stressing so may never break through.

I don't really want to take it back every two months for a repaint. Its a pain and aint cheap. The guys at the paint shop have been really fair and have said they can try again but cannot gaurantee the quality over time.

I am not talking about a massive crack here, you can hardly see it. But you know how it is when you know it is there.

Please see below photo. About 2 inch under front lights I am thinking of putting a sticker, (not sure what). The small crack is only on one side but will be putting stickers on both sides to even things out. lol

What are your thoughts on what stickers etc

Thanks
Old 09 August 2009, 06:51 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump