ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My Next Car?

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2009, 01:47 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Next Car?

Ok I have had my scooby for just over 6 months and I am considering a change very shortly. Whilst I really, really like the car and I have spent a bit on it. I Like change my cars regularly just because I like having new toys.

My car is a import and it was the 1st import I have ever got. Really impressed with it so I am thinking going down the import route again and again.

Whilst my obvious choice would be a hawkeye and I am also considering a 350z or Focus RS (older version).

Has anyone ever driven a 350z, and do you rate it. I have never driven either at the minute I like but I like them on looks a lone. Driven an ST but imagine an RS is in a different league, plus I don't see many RS around, where as I see ST's all over the place.

If my garage was big enough I would keep the scooby for weekends.
Old 28 August 2009, 01:52 PM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

Out of the 3 cars you have suggested, I think the Hawkeye is the best bet.

The 350z is pretty boring, I test drove one as I was thinking about one for a long time over my WRX, but test drove it and was dissapointed, none of the back in your seat feeling, didnt handle great, crap in the wet.

Older Focus RS' are good cars, fun, handle well, but still not as fun as the Impreza.

Just my 2p!

Old 28 August 2009, 02:12 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with the 350z some people just cannot drive rwd
RS is a nightmare on uk roads, the harsh suspension will leave your fillings in the footwell, great on a track but you want to see the improvements, just look at the focus ST, far better car, hawkeye, well depends what your after, good 4 door car with the option to have fun but if you change your cars so often I wouldnt get any of them tbh.

Tony
Old 28 August 2009, 02:16 PM
will_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Nothing wrong with the 350z some people just cannot drive rwd

Tony
That was another thing that put me off, I drift as a hobby, so I could see myself being tempted on too many nice bends or roundabouts.

It just didnt feel as exciting to drive as a boosted RWD.

Although a friend built a HKS strokerd' twin turbo 350Z for a customer and that was, well words cant describe. It was running 295's on the rear and would still spin 5th gear on the motorway. Crazy!

Old 28 August 2009, 02:19 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

I tend to loose money on cars but then again so does every one. Been quite lucky with the one I have. Got an absolute bargin purely because the guy wanted it sold asap due to personal changes.

Reckon If it was not for me spending on the car I would have come out on top of the sale.
Old 28 August 2009, 02:42 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

I owned a 350Z before my Hawkeye STI and it was a lot more fun to drive. Well built and more comfortable at high speeds, it just took longer to get there. If you do lots of motorway miles and like the odd twisty blast then the 350Z is a good choice and a good car. It takes more skill to drive than an Impreza but is not nearly as fast. It's probably on a par with a standard WRX hawkeye in performance terms.
Old 28 August 2009, 04:16 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

Drove an old shape Focus RS (when it was brand new) and thought it was one of the worst cars I'd ever driven. It has been said that there are good ones and bad ones, so I must have had a terrible one!

The new shape ST is a great car, but not any better than a WRX. The old shape ST is also good, but just a warm hatch by today's standards.

Not driven a 350Z, so can't comment on that except I've heard the fuel consumption makes the Scoob look cheap to run.

Trending Topics

Old 28 August 2009, 04:43 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Cheers people. I will be buying more on lust than anything else. Whilst I am gutted petrol is on the rise in the grand scheme of things 2p is not going to make any difference to the high stupid prices now.

Lets face it, petrol is always going to rise which is never good for us petrol heads. It needs to come down but the fact of the matter remains that it is not going to come down to what it should be.

I don't drink much so would rather spend money on petrol going for a run than 8 cans of larger.
Old 29 August 2009, 07:12 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

i think the mk1 frs handles better than my old blobeye wrx and the good thing is the rarity with probably only about 1700 mk1 focus rs's left on the uk road and millions of scoobies and plenty of 350z's about its good to have a car that is hardly seen on the roads
Old 29 August 2009, 08:06 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AdamMole
Whilst I really, really like the car and I have spent a bit on it. I Like change my cars regularly just because I like having new toys.
I don't get wanting to get rid of a car that you really, really like just because you want a few new bits?
What mods have you done? There's probably still plenty of life left in your existing car if you're willing to upgrade other areas. Put some more toys on the Impreza