ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Selling Feedback - any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2009, 02:31 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling Feedback - any good?

I'm trying to get the mitsubishi site to sort out selling feedback similar to what you have on here because quite a few peolpe are getting conned on there, but they (mods) dont seem to be interested.
Here is a response that I just received off one of the mods -

"The idea of a formal Feedback system has been rejected as it is open to abuse - a genuine seller could have negative feedback left by someone who has an axe to grind for something unrelated to a sale just to ruin their score, just as a fraudster/scammer could get their mates to leave positive feedback and create a false favourable score.

And there is already a much better 'feedback' system in place anyway - it's called the 'Search' function - search for all posts by or threads started by the person you're thinking of buying from & see what they've been up to. If they've just joined, only ever posted stuff for sale or have been criticised previously for problems with items they've sold, DON'T BUY FROM THEM. Simples "

So what I'm asking is how do you find the system you have on here? does it work? or at the very least cut down on people getting ripped off?

.....the mitsy site has no form of buyer protection whatsoever (and it doesn't look like we do)

cheers
Old 01 September 2009, 04:46 PM
Jonlu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's definately more assuring buying or selling to someone with feedback. Although it's still early days, I think something like a positive/negative feedback system would be a little easier to work with but the idea of seeing a seller or buyer's trade history is without doubt more reassuring than not being able to.
I don't quite understand how the mitsubishi mods can justify rejecting the idea due to abusing the system as there's so many ways they can minimize this. Don't get me wrong, there's always going to be loop-holes abound but in my opinion, anything which is going to make it harder for scammer to rob people of their hard earned cash is a good investment.

Last edited by Jonlu; 01 September 2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01 September 2009, 05:21 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonlu
It's definately more assuring buying or selling to someone with feedback. Although it's still early days, I think something like a positive/negative feedback system would be a little easier to work with but the idea of seeing a seller or buyer's trade history is without doubt more reassuring than not being able to.
I don't quite understand how the mitsubishi mods can justify rejecting the idea due to abusing the system as there's so many ways they can minimize this. Don't get me wrong, there's always going to be loop-holes abound but in my opinion, anything which is going to make it harder for scammer to rob people of their hard earned cash is a good investment.

thats exectly how I feel!

as you say you will never stop it completely, but the more measures that are put in place the safer it will get

(and as us members on there pay £35 a year membership you think they'd be more inclined to help.)
Old 03 September 2009, 06:13 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

up