ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

At Last I have One!

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2009, 11:26 PM
Austin69
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At Last I have One!

It's taken many years since I first promised myself a turbo Impreza but now I have one in the shape of a classic turbo wagon on a V plate. It is standard except for a K&N filter, Eibach springs and a Magnex back box.

Apart from getting me to work and back with a huge grin on my face the main use for my new toy will be to compete in autotests and 12 car rallies with the odd excursion into the forests to set out stages on local and national rallies, Trackrod, Malton Stages, Greystokes, Malcolm Wilson, Jim Clark, IRC in Scotland etc.

I have already found a sump guard but my main problem are the lights. My previous cars have had spotlights fitted but it seems a shame to spoil the wonderful looks of the classic shape with these so I am looking to upgrade the lights that are on the car, including the fog lights in the spoiler which are about as effective as a candle in a jam jar! Any ideas?

I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum as it seems a good place to be and full of extremely knowledgable people
Old 02 September 2009, 11:45 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

Welcome to Scooby ownership, and welcome to the site Try some of the parts people like Scoobyparts, I think you can get a driving light conversion to take over from the spots
Old 03 September 2009, 09:26 AM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Welcome to ScoobyNet. As said above, do a few searches and I'm sure you'll find a suitable lighting upgrade!
Old 03 September 2009, 12:08 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Austin69
I'm looking forward to contributing to this forum as it seems a good place to be and full of extremely knowledgable people
Ah don't be fooled by first impressions: you'll soon find that there are plenty of complete duffers on here too!
Old 03 September 2009, 09:18 PM
Austin69
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys for the welcome and the advice.

I had a look at the Scooby Sprint event on the 20th of September, that looks like a lot of fun to compete in or just to watch! I think I will have to get myself over there to see what it is all about. Is it worth the trip?
Old 03 September 2009, 09:24 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Austin69
Thanks guys for the welcome and the advice.

I had a look at the Scooby Sprint event on the 20th of September, that looks like a lot of fun to compete in or just to watch! I think I will have to get myself over there to see what it is all about. Is it worth the trip?
Welcome,get yourself there