Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Crashed The Type R... Need A Bit Of Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2009, 10:55 AM
evoke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed The Type R... Need A Bit Of Help!

Morning Folks,

Had a bit of an accident this morning in which I crashed the Type R The chassis is a bit bent so it's doubtful i'll be able to get it back on the road.

I don't know whether it would be best breaking the car for parts, or selling it as a whole, which would you recommend?

The back of the car is fine, but the front doesn't look to healthy! The drivers door doesn't shut, but the engine starts fine etc.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by evoke; 10 September 2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03 September 2009, 11:01 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

gutted for you, what happened
Old 03 September 2009, 11:02 AM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Well least you did it properly!

Is it not insured?

And depends how quickly you are needing cash mate
Old 03 September 2009, 11:02 AM
Guv
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that dude, but if you got the time and storage you would be better breaking it depending how much the insurance want and pay out on it
Old 03 September 2009, 11:07 AM
evoke
Scooby Regular

Yeah it's insured but it probably wouldn't be worth me claiming due to losing my no claims etc. Also, with the mods I don't know if they would pay out. I don't really know how it works because i've never crashed a car before.

I wasn't going that quick to be honest, but with the wet, I lost it & ended up mounting a kirb

What sort of price do the damaged type r's fetch?

Last edited by evoke; 03 September 2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03 September 2009, 11:12 AM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

They more than likely wont pay out for mods. Infact iv heard about them voiding insurance dur to some modifications. from what iv seen 1500 + there people just selling shells for £2000 mate you will get more money breaking it tho mate
Old 03 September 2009, 11:15 AM
evoke
Scooby Regular

OK Thanks.

I thought I would get more money back by breaking it, it's just finding the time with me working 8-5. It's got a titanium exhaust, Cusco coilovers, buddyclub lightweight wheels so I don't think the insurance would like that.

Trending Topics

Old 03 September 2009, 11:26 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

FIRST DIBS ON THE REAR TOP MOUNTS! LOL :THUMB:

UNLUCKY THOUGH MATE. ITS ALWAYS A SHAME TO SEE THIS HAPPEN! (sorry about caps. i couldnt be bothered to redo)
Old 03 September 2009, 11:47 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evoke
OK Thanks.

I thought I would get more money back by breaking it, it's just finding the time with me working 8-5. It's got a titanium exhaust, Cusco coilovers, buddyclub lightweight wheels so I don't think the insurance would like that.
Did you not declare your mods to the insurance co?
Old 03 September 2009, 01:08 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

Mate gutted for ya.

If I was you I would break the car (if you not going to claim) in your spare time then put up a good advert in the for sale section with items and pictures.
You will get the odd muppet trying to cash in on your misfortune but we all know how much parts can be worth so take your time.
As long as you do a good advert and are reasonable with your prices you will sell 99% of the car.

hope that helps

H
Old 03 September 2009, 01:09 PM
chris-boris
Scooby Regular

if the mods are declared then you shouldnt have a problem with the insurance company.

seems a bit silly paying every year to insure the car against an accident and then when you have one not use the policy

if the mods are not declared then they wont pay out and your back to square 1, then you can start thinking about stripping it for parts. for the sake of a phone call i'd say it would be worth it to fill them in......
Old 03 September 2009, 01:12 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

sorry to see and hear

looks like it is indeed gonna be writen off, if you have time and place to store it then you can prob make something by sellign the parts off, see how much they want for it and then go from there.

p.s. might be interested in the rear brake setup,,, lol
Old 03 September 2009, 01:22 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

its worth more money in parts than selling as a whole car.
Old 03 September 2009, 01:38 PM
muthaducka
Scooby Regular

Another car of mine was written off last year (first claim I've ever had to make). The car was heavily modified, forged engine, stripped with single carbon seat etc but not insured over and above a standard model.

The claim wasn't my fault and I arranged to have the car towed back to my house rather than their holdin centre so that I could keep an eye on it.

The examiner came within a couple of days and had a look around the car. I got a price to fix the car with standard parts (no allowance to replace damaged upgraded or performance parts) and it worked out too expensive so that car was written off.

I got paid the price I paid for the car and sold all the bits from the car over the course of a couple of weeks and near enough made the same again - worked out rather well in the end.

Might be worth speaking to a recommended insurer on here. As the accident was your fault, then maybe not worth claiming if your premium shoots up to something silly and you can make your money back selling the car in bits
Old 03 September 2009, 02:55 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by muthaducka
Another car of mine was written off last year (first claim I've ever had to make). The car was heavily modified, forged engine, stripped with single carbon seat etc but not insured over and above a standard model.

The claim wasn't my fault and I arranged to have the car towed back to my house rather than their holdin centre so that I could keep an eye on it.

The examiner came within a couple of days and had a look around the car. I got a price to fix the car with standard parts (no allowance to replace damaged upgraded or performance parts) and it worked out too expensive so that car was written off.

I got paid the price I paid for the car and sold all the bits from the car over the course of a couple of weeks and near enough made the same again - worked out rather well in the end.

Might be worth speaking to a recommended insurer on here. As the accident was your fault, then maybe not worth claiming if your premium shoots up to something silly and you can make your money back selling the car in bits
in a non fault claim non-disclosed mods are not an issue but in a single vehicle accident you are on thin ice to say the least
Old 03 September 2009, 03:54 PM
evoke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
in a non fault claim non-disclosed mods are not an issue but in a single vehicle accident you are on thin ice to say the least
Yeah I thought that, that's why straight away i've thought about stripping/selling the car as it is.

I'm going to go to see the car tonight & examine the damage further. I'll also take some photo's of things for sale, then start stripping it over the weekend I think...

Thanks for all the comments & help so far guys
Old 03 September 2009, 08:53 PM
evoke
Scooby Regular

FAO Lucko

Delete some pm's mate, I can't reply to your question
Old 04 September 2009, 02:38 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evoke
FAO Lucko

Delete some pm's mate, I can't reply to your question
empty lol
Old 04 September 2009, 04:46 AM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

feel sorry for you mate. But yeah you would make more from breaking it.
Old 04 September 2009, 07:26 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually if you have not declared your mods to your insurer you are uninsured (and you may also be done for stating a falsehood on a legal document, ie fraud!) so basically your already stuffed as an assessor will inspect your car for damage and award a payout, now as its not to the spec you have stated, your screwed, worse case scenario is a police case against you, a fine and 6 points for driving without insurance.
Sorry to say that if you dont declare mods I have no sympathy if your insurance co do the above, the rest of us have to declare and I dont like having my premiums go up because someone couldnt afford it

Tony
Old 04 September 2009, 11:27 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Actually if you have not declared your mods to your insurer you are uninsured (and you may also be done for stating a falsehood on a legal document, ie fraud!) so basically your already stuffed as an assessor will inspect your car for damage and award a payout, now as its not to the spec you have stated, your screwed, worse case scenario is a police case against you, a fine and 6 points for driving without insurance.
Sorry to say that if you dont declare mods I have no sympathy if your insurance co do the above, the rest of us have to declare and I dont like having my premiums go up because someone couldnt afford it

Tony
+1
Old 04 September 2009, 01:38 PM
evoke
Scooby Regular

Yeah I understand that... I'm not here for sympathy, just a bit of help really.

The best way will be to strip the car for parts I think. Unless I get a good offer for the car as it is, as it will save me time & hassle.

Old 05 September 2009, 11:57 PM
jono9974
Scooby Newbie

sorry about the accident mate. how much for the rear diff mate if your stripping it? cheers jono
Old 06 September 2009, 11:18 AM
evoke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono9974
sorry about the accident mate. how much for the rear diff mate if your stripping it? cheers jono
I'll be adveritising quite a few parts next week mate. I'm not quite sure what they're worth yet.
Old 12 September 2009, 06:51 PM
wiffy
Scooby Newbie

hi mate how much for whole dar do you have photos of damage